Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 hour ago, Shooter said:

I have never listened to their podcast, only read the summary posted in this thread. But I agree, their story fits with the things Woodson said publicly down the stretch last season, so I don't see any reason to not believe them.

The only part that I found surprising was "I am the coach here until I say so", said directly in front of Dolson. I had no doubt that Woodson felt that way. But if he really said that in front of his boss, the dynamic in the athletic department is worse than I realized.

Not sure Dolson really is more than a figurehead when it comes to men's basketball. It's clear that Buckner, the Cooks and the Simons are calling the shots.

1 hour ago, TadQueasy said:

I would love to know what is going on in Dolson's head.  That had to have pissed him off.  Hopefully he is just letting him run off at the mouth to continue to lay the groundwork for his dismissal when things go bad again.  

Either that's the deal or Dolson has been completely neutered by Buckner, the Cooks and the Simons.

46 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If Moren is smart (and lord knows she is) she may have a gentle convo with her 21 year old player about staying out of an internal front office sh!tstorm on her social media.

If you squint and strain, you might be able to see Parrish poking at the bear... but at a casual reading, it's simply a "thank you" for supporting the women's bball program. Nothing to get worked up about.

45 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Depends how you define winning.  To me, we need to win the B1G and make a very deep tourney run.  That's the best case scenario.  2nd best case is it's another bad season and Woody gets canned.  Absolute worst case scenario is something in the middle...3-4 in the B1G and a S16 blowout.  No one is happy but Woody and QB and Woody gets more time.  

When is Buckner's term up, specifically? I know it's sometime next year... but before or after the end of the basketball season? If he's gone, he can't protect anyone.

27 minutes ago, J34 said:

Thus the question mark at the end. This roster says there shouldn't be any gray area. Win at home, beat the hell out of inferior teams, win roads games you should, and be in games to win, against ranked/good teams on the road or neutral sites. We have enough talent and experience, that we can win despite the coaching. 

Yeah, but they're a young team. They have to get to know one another. And then there's that hump. Fire up the Excuse-o-matic.

4 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Yeah, but they're a young team. They have to get to know one another. And then there's that hump. Fire up the Excuse-o-matic.

IU will not be young this year. Ballo, Galloway, Rice, Goode, Reneau are all older and except for Rice all of those are very experienced.

There are many, many themes, predictors, and ingredients for success. IU is going into the year with almost all of them in our favor.

What are all the naysayers gonna talk about if we win a ton of games? My guess is that some will flat out celebrate the success, and the others will disappear from our sight.

I'd be way more excited to watch this roster play if it were for a different staff. 

Hoping for the best, expecting to be underwhelmed and disappointed when he comes back another year or 2/3. 

Next season could be a very good year, for sure. Doesn't mean CMW is suddenly a great CBB coach.

Right now it's easier to say CMW sucks coming off season we had (though he allegedly called it a good season? Lol). 

Next year, it could be easier to say CMW is great if we finish top 2/3 in the B10 and make a S16 or similar sort of season. 

He has a long enough track record as a HC in basketball to say he's a known commodity... the ceiling is pretty clear.

Would be great to surprise to the upside, instead of the downside. Rooting for it. I'm more excited for IUFB this offseason.

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

You can believe the main points of an account of a conversation that happened a month ago without taking every single line as gospel. This specific part of Eric's pity party would probably be best taken with a grain of salt, imo.

I hope you are right. Dolson and Woodson don't need to be best friends, but open disdain between them would not be healthy for the program.

2 hours ago, TadQueasy said:

I would love to know what is going on in Dolson's head.  That had to have pissed him off.  Hopefully he is just letting him run off at the mouth to continue to lay the groundwork for his dismissal when things go bad again.  

Pure conjuncture…“Remember Scott, you’re just sooo lucky to be in this position! Everyone has bad days at work. Remember the seats you get! At least this was a closed door meeting that no one heard, even if they can sorta sense it!”

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

IU will not be young this year. Ballo, Galloway, Rice, Goode, Reneau are all older and except for Rice all of those are very experienced.

There are many, many themes, predictors, and ingredients for success. IU is going into the year with almost all of them in our favor.

What are all the naysayers gonna talk about if we win a ton of games? My guess is that some will flat out celebrate the success, and the others will disappear from our sight.

I am a naysayer, if we win a bunch of games I will say, "Finally" and enjoy it like you will.

47 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

I'd be way more excited to watch this roster play if it were for a different staff. 

Hoping for the best, expecting to be underwhelmed and disappointed when he comes back another year or 2/3. 

Next season could be a very good year, for sure. Doesn't mean CMW is suddenly a great CBB coach.

Right now it's easier to say CMW sucks coming off season we had (though he allegedly called it a good season? Lol). 

Next year, it could be easier to say CMW is great if we finish top 2/3 in the B10 and make a S16 or similar sort of season. 

He has a long enough track record as a HC in basketball to say he's a known commodity... the ceiling is pretty clear.

Would be great to surprise to the upside, instead of the downside. Rooting for it. I'm more excited for IUFB this offseason.

Pretty much exactly my thoughts. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we win the B1G and make a deep run. But the reality is Woody is a career .460 coach in the NBA and it isn’t a small sample size. Thats across nearly 700 games as a head coach. Good for 138th all time in winning percentage. He is 68th all time in games coached.

He went 12-8 in a crappy B1G with the player who should have been NPOY and a lottery pick guard. It’s hard to be excited about him coaching the roster no matter how talented it may seem on paper. 

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

As a governor appointed member, is there reason to believe that he is going to just be given the rubber stamped into an appointment again?  He's been there 9 years now.

Anything is possible but he has told people he is ready to be off the board but we'll see. 

As a governor appointed member, is there reason to believe that he is going to just be given the rubber stamped into an appointment again?  He's been there 9 years now.

It’s always possible. But it’s a different governor this time around, I believe. I know that Pence appointed him in 2016, but living in Arizona for the past 45 years, I don’t keep track of who your governor is.