Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

19 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Somewhere today I thought I read here that the McNeely family found the IU fan base toxic… and didn’t want Liam in that environment. Either that was fake news or maybe they have a point. 

Whether they actually said it or not is moot in the big picture. It is however an easy scapegoat when the most concerning thing was how bad the team and the trajectory of the program looks and you'd rather not say it out loud.

There's a level of toxicity within every large fan base. But when it appears to be building stronger and stronger, there's a reason for that. Every symptom has a cause.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Over 6 million next year in NIL

Crazy to think what a competent coach at IU (Bruce Pearl) could do if they had that cash to spend… never will understand why boosters are willing to spend so much supporting a guy who is clearly not the answer instead of ponying that money up to go get a high level coach

If you are a top recruit, you have to have thick skin. If you think our fan base is rough, you won’t make it at any other top school. Kansas won 18 straight regular season B12 titles and when they finally didn’t last year, people were wondering if Bill Self still had his “fastball”. Shoot Kentucky was in the top ten earlier in the season, with a top 5 recruiting class and people were wanting Calapari’s head. Call our fan base what you want (not you personally) but I call our fan base the most passionate in the country and foaming at the mouth for a winning team. If you don’t want to help with that and allow that to drive you, then good luck somewhere else. Grass won’t be as green there as you think.

*not a shot at you, more less to the McNeeley’s or players that don’t want to come because of “toxic” fan base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When your fans are booing your own players on a televised game, that's pretty much the definition of toxic.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

When your fans are booing your own players on a televised game, that's pretty much the definition of toxic.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

And if you think a Kansas, Duke, UNC, (insert any school you want to be here), wouldn’t do the same if they were on the run we were, then I would be extremely shocked. Does that make it right or wrong? No. But like one poster once said, “don’t put a shít sandwich on my plate and be mad when I complain you’re feeding me shít sandwich”

Now this is just my opinion, so I’m not trying to say it’s right or wrong or telling you what to think, just staying my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk is

Crazy to think what a competent coach at IU (Bruce Pearl) could do if they had that cash to spend… never will understand why boosters are willing to spend so much supporting a guy who is clearly not the answer instead of ponying that money up to go get a high level coach
It's just proves money is not the issue. The issue is who they choose to spend it on. Somebody somehow convinced them Woodson can turn it around or they just like the access to the head coach. No other explanations I can think of.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

So, we're now back to blaming fans for McNeeley decommitting? 

giphy.gif

Personally, I blame the fans of delicious deli sandwiches for making corned beef popular only in the middle of March.  Must be the fair weather we get in March.