Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

22 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm more relying on Woodson not having a plan and Dolson going we have to get Dusty May

It seems the plan is that they have better contacts with agents now plus more NIL $ and are confident they are going to land even better players from the portal.  Woodson and the staff have had success with these short term recruitments but has not had success evaluating his teams needs.  So I think there will be a plan presented and unless they get into the weeds on which positions, which style of play and how to build long-term Woody will be able to show enough for next year not to get fired.  Dolson has to look past the short term side of this and evaluate the long term health of the basketball team.

Just now, 8bucks said:

It seems the plan is that they have better contacts with agents now plus more NIL $ and are confident they are going to land even better players from the portal.  Woodson and the staff have had success with these short term recruitments but has not had success evaluating his teams needs.  So I think there will be a plan presented and unless they get into the weeds on which positions, which style of play and how to build long-term Woody will be able to show enough for next year not to get fired.  Dolson has to look past the short term side of this and evaluate the long term health of the basketball team.

The check has already been deposited so who do we want spending the money, Woodson or Pearl or May

Just now, Chris007 said:

The check has already been deposited so who do we want spending the money, Woodson or Pearl or May

Was it deposited based on having Woody though?  If not then Pearl first with May a close 2nd.  

31 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm more relying on Woodson not having a plan and Dolson going we have to get Dusty May

I'm relying on Woodson not having a plan. Hilarious, yet scary because it's probably true. My plan is to get us over the hump.

I’m sorry everyone for making this comment.  No matter what happens in that meeting, MW will be back next year as our, like it or not!  I don’t like it myself but that is what is going to happen.  Also, I don’t know what the total infatuation with Dusty May is.  I’ve said this before and stand by it, I want to see more from Dusty May before we hire him as out next coach.  I still would rather have a proven P5 coach over him.  I definitely am not a Quinn Buckner supporter but I agree with him if he views Dusty May as possibly Archie Miller 2.0.  This program needs to get this hire right, and if we have another Archie Miller, it could set us back at least 10+ years and my life ain’t getting any shorter.  We need to start winning now and with a proven P5 coach.

1 minute ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I’m sorry everyone for making this comment.  No matter what happens in that meeting, MW will be back next year as our, like it or not!  I don’t like it myself but that is what is going to happen.  Also, I don’t know what the total infatuation with Dusty May is.  I’ve said this before and stand by it, I want to see more from Dusty May before we hire him as out next coach.  I still would rather have a proven P5 coach over him.  I definitely am not a Quinn Buckner supporter but I agree with him if he views Dusty May as possibly Archie Miller 2.0.  This program needs to get this hire right, and if we have another Archie Miller, it could set us back at least 10+ years and my life ain’t getting any shorter.  We need to start winning now and with a proven P5 coach.

Not Helping GIF by Corporate Bro

1 minute ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Buckner was a horrid coach that got fired after 1 year. If he doesn't like May it tells me we should stay far far far away or send a Uhaul to Florida.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I have heard he's not thrilled with Woodson for his senior talk. 

Yes I left out some good bullet points

His speech was a **** show. Literally cursing. From what I gathered, this senior day was not a good one.