Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

OK I'll do my best to help.

At the end of the season Dolson who is furious with Woodson for calling out the fans, sits down with him to discuss the season, to see what the plan is for next year. So Coach let's start with Mgbako getting arrested. Is that the second or third arrest in your tenure?

OK let's move on to not beating any good teams in the nonconference. Then we didn't start very well in the Big Ten, but I will give you credit we ended well. Next, our recruiting is not going very well why is that? Next, I've noticed you have missed your radio show several times this year. You do know that you are contractually obligated to be there every Monday right? 

Well, I'm going to be honest and don't think you are the person to lead us any longer in Men's basketball. Mike Woodson as my good buddy says YOUR FIRED.

That is how I'm picturing the season-ending talk to go.

Do you actually know that Dolson is furious with him for that, or is that also part of what you’re hoping? Haha

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

At the end of the season Dolson who is furious with Woodson for calling out the fans, sits down with him to discuss the season, to see what the plan is for next year. So Coach let's start with Mgbako getting arrested. Is that the second or third arrest in your tenure?

OK let's move on to not beating any good teams in the nonconference. Then we didn't start very well in the Big Ten, but I will give you credit we ended well. Next, our recruiting is not going very well why is that? Next, I've noticed you have missed your radio show several times this year. You do know that you are contractually obligated to be there every Monday right? 

Well, I'm going to be honest and don't think you are the person to lead us any longer in Men's basketball. Mike Woodson as my good buddy says YOUR FIRED.

I imagine he has to be, but have we heard Dolson is pissed?  Lot's of great points.  You could add roster mismanagement/guard depth/open scholarship, sitting on his @$$ not recruiting top Indiana kids, etc. etc.  Perhaps everyone could help and make a list of bullet points for Dolson's meeting!

2 minutes ago, HoosierMoore said:

I imagine he has to be, but have we heard Dolson is pissed?  Lot's of great points.  You could add roster mismanagement/guard depth/open scholarship, sitting on his @$$ not recruiting top Indiana kids, etc. etc.  Perhaps everyone could help and make a list of bullet points for Dolson's meeting!

I have heard he's not thrilled with Woodson for his senior talk. 

Yes I left out some good bullet points

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I have heard he's not thrilled with Woodson for his senior talk. 

Yes I left out some good bullet points

In your defense, there are a ton to remember.  Sadly, I need to actually start working and don't have an time work on.  On vacation next week, I will have the list typed up and bound with a corresponding powerpoint presentation.  

13 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Well, I'm going to be honest and don't think you are the person to lead us any longer in Men's basketball. Mike Woodson as my good buddy Trish says YOUR FIRED.

I wish it were true and appropriate conversation.  However, I don't know Mike Woodson could sit through a conversation such as you described.  

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Well, I'm going to be honest and don't think you are the person to lead us any longer in Men's basketball. Mike Woodson as my good buddy Trish says YOUR FIRED.

That's the stuff I'm talking about. You da man!

4 minutes ago, JXG said:

I wish it were true and appropriate conversation.  However, I don't know Mike Woodson could sit through a conversation such as you described.  

In all seriousness, there will be a conversation about this season with Dolson & Woodson. Woodson will have to explain what the plan is for next season. Dolson will then have to decide if he believes that plan or not. 

9 minutes ago, HoosierMoore said:

In your defense, there are a ton to remember.  Sadly, I need to actually start working and don't have an time work on.  On vacation next week, I will have the list typed up and bound with a corresponding powerpoint presentation.  

Be sure to include how he thinks he's above the women's team, even though they are the MUCH better program right now. 

In all seriousness, there will be a conversation about this season with Dolson & Woodson. Woodson will have to explain what the plan is for next season. Dolson will then have to decide if he believes that plan or not. 

And if he is not and wants to make a change, and if he is a good AD, he does not need consensus but will get it like all good ADs do but they wont vote it will just be a subtle head nod or something.  Then we go and look for the next great coach but as a good AD, or maybe his isnt really so he cannot make the hire on his own really, but there is no consensus or voting on the next hire.  If he was a good AD he would just be able to hire his guy but the BOT does not think he is a good AD so they will offer suggestions and they will not vote again but will do a sublte hand wave this time, so as not to be confusing with the head nod not vote to make a coaching change.

Simple

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

But even if Dolson doesnt believe it, or say Woody degraded and was a smart @$$ towards Dolson (which wouldnt surprise me), woudl any of that even matter? Woody is back next year and it sounds like Dolson cant do anything about it. 

I think Dolson can make this decision himself, Quinn is not going to stop him. He will strongly be against it but not stop it. 

I think Cathy even said Scott doesn't need board approval for this. 

I'm not getting my hopes up...i wont do it...not again. Nope.

Butttttt......

Just now, Golfman25 said:

He should be.  He or Pam Whitten should have put out a release saying Woodson was reprimanded for that as we love all fans.  

Yes we love all fans by the way football season tickets are on sale now with our new coach who also loves all fans Cigs