Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, Golfman25 said:

Kind of interesting.  1 leaves.  1 returns.  ?????

Their topics are so different though i don't think it is him.  I know prior boards could determine if the poster was posting from the same location.  Can this still be done?

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Just my opinion:

While it's 100% appropriate to push back on anyone's opinion, it is unadvisable toward the quality of the board's discourse to accuse posters with differing points of view of having an 'agenda'. 

Ngw bailed in a hail of accusations leveled by him and at him of having some hidden agenda--that's a shame because it didn't need to be that way.

A potentially repetitive group trampling of those with opinions different from the vast majority is allowed. But to me? Not a good idea in the long run.

Semi-rant over. Love y'all!

Yeah, I rather enjoyed some of the discourse.  I didn't agree with much of it.  But I did agree with some of it.   I'm sure we will get a told you so next season if Woody and staff build a monster and flips this MFer.  

And if he stays, I certainly hope he does.

I personally think Woody is worried about the wrong stuff but maybe his competitiveness will win out and he will build a roster good enough.  

I never give up hope no matter how dim the forecast is.  

Just now, Golfman25 said:

You should google the goings on at Maryland.  IF you think IU is bad . . . 

great point.  The soft staff blaming the fans for their failures need to realize every program short of expectations is getting theirs in social media.  ALL of them.  

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

This is not directed at any particular poster; just noticing a trend:

While it's 100% appropriate to push back on anyone's opinion, it is unadvisable toward the quality of the board's discourse to accuse posters with differing points of view of having an 'agenda'. 

Ngw bailed in a hail of accusations leveled by him and at him of having some hidden agenda--that's a shame because it didn't need to be that way.

A potentially repetitive group trampling of those with opinions differing from the vast majority is allowed. But to me? Not a good idea in the long run.

Semi-rant over. Love y'all!

I was waiting for one of these posts yesterday when my character was being attacked but it never came from anyone with any authority.

Luckily others seem to have my back but it was probably more because he rubs everyone the wrong way but as the kids say

It is what it is 

No crime he asked a Mod to delete his account.   I’m guessing he will be back with another user name soon enough 

Ok thanks for clearing that up! I missed that part

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I've seen no opinion, only vague allusions to working in the administration.

No insight, only "consensus decision making" and "but my SEC BOT friends!..." 

Oh yeah, and a whole lot of speaking down to people, very plainly. 

I don't disagree about repetitive group stampedes on different opinions at all Stu...

As for an agenda, when you're admittedly part of the administration, everything you say is in defense of the BOT despite you claiming you're not here to criticize or defend, while offering no actual insight to back that up and then be dismissive to anybody trying to have an actual dialogue ... You know, about something substantive like how consensus decision making may lead to unilateral authority ... it's hard to take it for anything but an agenda. She's not sharing an opinion I disagree with she is positioning herself as an administration insider, then offering no actual perspective aside from telling you that you're wrong and know nothing re: what you're talking about. I don't see that kind of posting style bringing much value to the board. 

Give me a vacation if I'm being too much but I've got way less patience for that than anything NGW did 

1 hour ago, Magisterium said:

I don’t see any realistic scenario where IU could hire May a year from now unless he stays at FAU. Certainly not if went to OSU, Louisville or Michigan. Probably not even if he went to WVU or DePaul. He’d probably have to request an “out” or “exception” clause in his new contract (in the event IU wanted to interview him) and if I were the AD at those other schools a request like that would be a major red flag.

I agree with you. However, I do believe that Dusty is smart enough to stay away from DePaul.  

11 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Their topics are so different though i don't think it is him.  I know prior boards could determine if the poster was posting from the same location.  Can this still be done?

Their grammar and word usage is also very different. Not the same poster. I can't understand anything she's trying to say. I agree it's talking in circles with a nice vocabulary buy in the end those words are amounting to absolutely nothing. 

4 minutes ago, rcbowla said:

Their grammar and word usage is also very different. Not the same poster. I can't understand anything she's trying to say. I agree it's talking in circles with a nice vocabulary buy in the end those words are amounting to absolutely nothing. 

I've literally worked in PR/Marketing/Corp Comms world for 10+ years and I can most assuredly say it's a whole lot of nothing that she is saying.

1 minute ago, rcbowla said:

clearly an academic of some sort. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I think Reneau is a top priority but I do think he is going to listen to offers from schools down south. 

I think Mgbako is going to test the waters of the NBA but if he doesn't like what he hears he will be back at IU.

I agree on both.  MgBako will most likely work out for teams and if he doesn't get a draft guarantee, he'll be back at IU with a nice NIL deal. 

1 hour ago, Home Jersey said:

I know Mgbako came on much stronger toward the end of conference season, but when you do a side-by-side with Owen Freeman... the co-award is a bit of a head scratcher. Conspiracy theory? We call in a few favors? Lol

I’ll do a conference only breakdown but I think if conference play numbers are put side and side it might make more sense.  Freeman was only double digits 9 times in conference play.

1 hour ago, Schreckbagger said:

Nope, I don't really get into multiple message boards. But apparently, one of our current players' mother has had concerns about the CMW rumors, so this nonsense here just adds to uncertainty retaining players, and/or recruiting new players. If you don't think recruits talk to each other......get over it.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

Sure, recruits talk.  "Have you seen that antiquated offense that IU runs? " Sheesh, IU rarely runs anything for three-point shooters."  "I don't want to play in that coach Woodson offense, I'd just be feeding the post all night!"   I think recruits are having these conversations all the time.  Hence, zero commits. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I agree that we either need to play Reneau at the 5 or if we're getting a rim protector let him go. But no one wants to see two bigs playing together any longer

I think regardless of what we want there is going to be a rim protector playing alongside Reneau next year.  Best hope IMO is that Reneau continues to expand his perimeter game AND we get a difference making perimeter shooting guard.

5 minutes ago, JF87 said:

Sure, recruits talk.  "Have you seen that antiquated offense that IU runs? " Sheesh, IU rarely runs anything for three-point shooters."  "I don't want to play in that coach Woodson offense, I'd just be feeding the post all night!"   I think recruits are having these conversations all the time.  Hence, zero commits. 

And that old dude didn't even know my name.  

4 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I think regardless of what we want there is going to be a rim protector playing alongside Reneau next year.  Best hope IMO is that Reneau continues to expand his perimeter game AND we get a difference making perimeter shooting guard.

I think with 3 shooters and an improved Reneau this makes sense.  

58 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I didn't care the 3 games before msu. I watched them but couldn't get into them. Never really had that happen. Was excited for senior night game and cheered most of it. Probably alchohol related lol. I am excited for big 10 tournament and I think why I wasn't before was I didn't have hope. I have hope now so we will probably get destroyed game 1 lol. Woodson and leals speech pissed me off! Mostly because I feel it makes them look weak. Hopefully they prove me wrong!
Fire Woodson unless he wins the big 10 tournament! Lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

It's okay to root for the team to win and still think that Mike Woodson isn't the right man to coach IU.  Unless he wins the BTT and makes the NCAA Tournament this will be a down year which shouldn't happen in year three with IU's resources.  I'd love for coach Woodson to prove me wrong, but until he does, I know we've underperformed all 3 years that Woodson has been our coach.  

59 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

Didn't read either article, so I can't comment. But, do remember the trash on the Indy Star message boards for years. Had an old sports writer friend at Indy Star who quit because of the toxicity. Again, the decision has been made for next year, so let it go.....or continue stomp your feet and jump up and down, holding your breath......your choice.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

I appreciate you telling us what to do, but I'm good.  You accept mediocrity.  That's your choice.  I'm not going to accept mediocrity and I will continue shouting into the wind.