Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Let's keep hope alive.

Dolson walks in that meeting with a check and says here is a little retirement present for you

I want to, but after the last two hires and the handling of this so far, I dont think i could ever get my hopes up in thinking that this school would actually make the right and smart decision. I will hope to be wrong. 

Just now, cleeter said:

I want to, but after the last two hires and the handling of this so far, I dont think i could ever get my hopes up in thinking that this school would actually make the right and smart decision. I will hope to be wrong. 

Worst case we have another year.

Best case we fire Mike Woodson

17 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

In all seriousness, there will be a conversation about this season with Dolson & Woodson. Woodson will have to explain what the plan is for next season. Dolson will then have to decide if he believes that plan or not. 

That’s what I’m worried about is Woodson saying everything Dolson wants to hear just to try to stick around but then when the season starts come to find he was full of it and doesn’t give a crap. 

5 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

That’s what I’m worried about is Woodson saying everything Dolson wants to hear just to try to stick around but then when the season starts come to find he was full of it and doesn’t give a crap. 

There is not a single thing Woodson could say that would make me believe anything leading to a successful 2024-25 season. And success is defined by reaching the 2nd weekend of the tournament. 

15 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Best case we fire Mike Woodson

No matter what happens, its still the Hoosiers and i'll still saddle up with them, wear my IU shoes and clothes on gameday and let their wins and losses effect my evening and following days. It would just be alot easier with woody gone. Let's pray. 

2 minutes ago, cleeter said:

No matter what happens, its still the Hoosiers and i'll still saddle up with them, wear my IU shoes and clothes on gameday and let their wins and losses effect my evening and following days. It would just be alot easier with woody gone. Let's pray. 

At this point I'm pretty sure the basketball gods have forsaken us.

2 minutes ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

I think Dolson has an opportunity to get someone he wants, and with all the other coaching vacancies I think he needs to act fast before it’s too late. 

Currently, Louisville, Ohio St, Depaul, and West Virginia are all open, and Michigan may be opening up soon. There are about to be some coaches moving to new jobs, which will open other jobs. Strike while the iron is hot

5 minutes ago, cleeter said:

I've been wearing my IU gear also but I've been wearing my unlucky IU gear. It might have caused a reverse jinx

In my opinion Dolson has 2 options

1) Take the risk of firing Woodson, who 99.9% of people know isn’t the guy. And swing for a guy like Dusty who could rocket ship the IU program back. 

or

2) Stand by Woodson. Given another season and risk his own head getting chopped for backing Mw longer than he should have. 

Obviously Woodson has the huge ego, but at this point, if he knows he doesn’t have anything lined up for next year yet and completely struck out on recruits, had Liam decommit, etc…if Dolson slid him a check and said here we can make this smooth, go enjoy retirement, hopefully he’d be ok with something like that. If he’s not ok with that then hopefully Dolson says, well here take it anyway, get out, I’ve got my guy lol 

25 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I know you get bombarded with questions, so sorry to add on.

Are you saying you think next year won't be good enough to justify a fifth, or he walks away no matter what after next year?

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I've been wearing my IU gear also but I've been wearing my unlucky IU gear. It might have caused a reverse jinx

My boss actually commented on my black IU quarter zip the other day. Said "i like that black zip, never seen you wear black IU before"
I said it was for "their funeral" haha

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

I know you get bombarded with questions, so sorry to add on.

Are you saying you think next year isn't good enough to justify a fifth, or he walks away no matter what after next year?

I think he's done no matter what after next season. That is just my opinion with a little of what I have heard mixed in. 

1 minute ago, IUrocker said:

Obviously Woodson has the huge ego, but at this point, if he knows he doesn’t have anything lined up for next year yet and completely struck out on recruits, had Liam decommit, etc…if Dolson slid him a check and said here we can make this smooth, go enjoy retirement, hopefully he’d be ok with something like that. If he’s not ok with that then hopefully Dolson says, well here take it anyway, get out, I’ve got my guy lol 

Plus Woodson knows he'd have to hit multiple home runs in the portal, in addition to retaining the guys on his roster that he wants back. 

That's a tough task.

Man, we’re going to keep working and get better.  I will go to my briefcase and spend some of that NIL or LIN or whatever you call it money.  Now, what I need from you guys is to come up with another couple $million for me so all of us can be successful.