Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

5 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

"Woodson will be back for another year at Indiana, perhaps to the delight of the rest of the Big Ten."

The media and non-"true fans" don't understand the genius that is Mike Woodson. He has the rest of the conference and country right where he wants them, underestimating his team. He'll use that to win the BTT then a NC. It's all going according to plan. The losing streaks, close wins against bad teams, and blowouts to any team with a pulse were just red herrings to make people think this team isn't very good.

24 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Be honest how long have you been sitting on this one? Because it's good.

The truth is I just got lucky. I was just scrolling and happened to notice it lol. I thought "what are the odds?!"

9 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

It's just kind boggling to me.  We could fire Woody now and bring in Dusty.  He would have Trey, Leal, probably MM and Reneau, and bring in 3-4 starters from his top 25 FAU team and have a top 25 team here next season.  He could also likely land a couple good 2025 recruits which Woody cannot do.

Or we keep Woody for one more year which will probably be a worse season than what Dusty would have here next season.  Then Leal, Trey, MM, Reneau, and the 2025 class are all gone and Dusty inherits a complete dumpster fire when he takes over next spring assuming he's still available.  So someone here explain to me like I'm a 5 year old...why are we not just firing him now?

Because there's a linear road to consensus or something like that.  Search KathywithaC  :)  

10 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

It's just kind boggling to me.  We could fire Woody now and bring in Dusty.  He would have Trey, Leal, probably MM and Reneau, and bring in 3-4 starters from his top 25 FAU team and have a top 25 team here next season.  He could also likely land a couple good 2025 recruits which Woody cannot do.

Or we keep Woody for one more year which will probably be a worse season than what Dusty would have here next season.  Then Leal, Trey, MM, Reneau, and the 2025 class are all gone and Dusty inherits a complete dumpster fire when he takes over next spring assuming he's still available.  So someone here explain to me like I'm a 5 year old...why are we not just firing him now?

You've heard the song "friends in low places"?  Woodson has friends in high places, i.e. chair of the BOT and wealthy donors.

12 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

You are 100% spot on.  This is exactly how I view this too.  Makes no sense 

15 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Dont talk back to me, im the coach, Now go to your room and stop peeing on the toilet seat.  

15 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

The AD and BOT are forward thinking. Crean got several years to get things going because he inherited nothing. Since the fans are such a problem, the obvious solution is to replicate that (sans sanctions) for the next coach so he gets time before feeling the heat. How very considerate of them.

9 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Given the senior day speeches, I don't know if it is a given that Trey Leal MM and MR would be back if they fired Woody. 

I think the more interesting question is how well does Dusty do next year? If he takes the OSU job and we do end up firing Woodson, he probably has to turn OSU around in 1 year to be considered by admin.  Will his buyout one year into his tenure be prohibitively large? It will be interesting to see this all play out, but imagine a future where we fire Woody next year and again pass on Dusty because he didn't compete year one year in the P5. 

1 minute ago, SamIam said:

Given the senior day speeches, I don't know if it is a given that Trey Leal MM and MR would be back if they fired Woody. 

I think the more interesting question is how well does Dusty do next year? If he takes the OSU job and we do end up firing Woodson, he probably has to turn OSU around in 1 year to be considered by admin.  Will his buyout one year into his tenure be prohibitively large? It will be interesting to see this all play out, but imagine a future where we fire Woody next year and again pass on Dusty because he didn't compete year one year in the P5. 

Good points made. I assume Bjork & O$U will make Dusty untouchable (especially by us) if they're going to bring him in. Given they should have some good options

58 minutes ago, SamIam said:

UNC had five in-transfers this year, replaced 3 starters, and currently sit at #4 in the country and #8 in Kenpom. If you are replacing a whole team every year, you aren't going to be good. But Gallo, Leal, Reneau, Mgbako and Cupps have played lot of B1G minutes now. IF Woody can keep those guys, I think that is a decent starting point.

Ok, that's one. Utah State is apparently another.   Still have a few to get to "lots."   

20 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Archie got 4 years, Woodson gets four years!

On a serious note, Woodson couldn't win with the talent he had this year in a medicore conference. The conference isn't likely getting any better next season even with the new additions. He hasn't shown he should be the coach going forward after very disappointing March's the last two seasons. 

1 minute ago, Trish said:

Archie got 4 years, Woodson gets four years!

On a serious note, Woodson couldn't win with the talent he had this year in a medicore conference. The conference isn't likely getting any better next season even with the new additions. He hasn't shown he should be the coach going forward after very disappointing March's the last two seasons. 

Especially with no foundation and 0 commitments.