Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, RoncalliHoosier said:

I'm new here, but from reading some of your posts, you appear to be a big fan of your own voice. Are you the resident contrarian?

I don't know what actually happened with Knecht, as I was not there, but from the media reports, corroborated with the timing of actual events (Mike Woodson's surgery, Knecht not visiting Indiana and committing to Tennessee), I'd tend to believe Pat Forde, his article and his quote of Knecht.

Very strong first post. Welcome to the board... stick around. It's not so bad here after you get used to the smell :) 

16 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

I had a typed out multiple responses and just deleted all them. Not going to answer certain questions when people have chosen who is not to be questioned.

I hope some of you will realize you are being fed a lot of misinformation. Not all but a lot. Just because you want something to be true, doesn’t make it so. 

Im deleting my account and won’t be back.

Supporting the program is not blind faith but it is also not going on Twitter, Trilly discord (where there is now players, parents and recruits on as well) that are false.

Many of you have stated - posting some stuff on here is one thing but going on Twitter with those takes shouldn’t be done. That each program will always have some crazies but no, that shouldn’t be done .The assumption is people here wouldn’t do that.  Not the case.

Promise?

1 hour ago, mamasa said:

Speaking in terms of someone who has been around here forever, Chris doesn't change his info on his feelings. He shares (so grateful for that!) info of what he's told. Things change. Sources change. 

Yep, but he also shares his opinion, just as everyone else does. I guess NGW doesn't think he should be allowed to do that. Or maybe he can't tell the difference between the two, which is on him an not Chris.

1)  Yeah, but we where told there where "lots" of programs.  Still waiting for that list.
2)  And where did Eric from Peegs get that?  Of course Trey wants to win.  Not sure how we go from that to he's good with not being a starter.  

1) I know. I was agreeing with you ha.
2) I’ll try to find it. If not, then I’ll eat my words unlike others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1)  Yeah, but we where told there where "lots" of programs.  Still waiting for that list.
2)  And where did Eric from Peegs get that?  Of course Trey wants to win.  Not sure how we go from that to he's good with not being a starter.  

1) I know. I was agreeing with you ha.
2) I’ll try to find it. If not, then I’ll eat my words unlike others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I asked what I thought was a very, very fair question in terms of votes from the board that were split.  Never received an answer.

That's because it was a (very) smart question and could have blown her entire stance out of the water. 

She was only here to condescend and make fans to feel "less than" so we'd shut up and go back to our corner until it's time to buy tickets, merchandise, and donate again. 

8 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Yep, but he also shares his opinion, just as everyone else does. I guess NGW doesn't think he should be allowed to do that. Or maybe he can't tell the difference between the two, which is on him an not Chris.

I think you added context to my post that I should have included (in essence, you said what I meant to say, but better lol)!

23 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I asked what I thought was a very, very fair question in terms of votes from the board that were split.  Never received an answer.

If there were an answer, it most likely would've been a bunch of corporate-speak gobbeldygook that made very little sense. 

I think someone wrote that discussions with her -- if it indeed is a her -- on here were like trying to solve a puzzle. I thought that was a very accurate characterization. 

1 minute ago, Ryno6284 said:

Did all of NGW posts get deleted too? We just lost 13 pages of this thread! Lol

13 pages would only be like 3 of his posts. He does like to go on and on.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I'm going to push back against the "Oh no; Kenny Payne!" take:

The role matters.

1. Kenny Payne has been an unmitigated disaster as a head coach.
  2. But when he was an assistant coach at UK, their hyper-critical fan base and their recruits thought he was flat-out awesome. 

I have no idea whether he will join Woody, but just because Payne wasn't good at one job doesn't mean he won't be excellent at a completely different job.

I was aware of his time at Kentucky when I wrote it, and it was mostly a joke based on his outlandish press conference. I don’t really care who Woody hires at this point. I say mostly because it is more about optics right now and the idea of stacking failed head coaches on staff to me. Maybe he’s the best recruiter ever, I don’t know, maybe he’d completely turn us around with HS recruits, I don’t know, I do know Kentucky lost exactly zero beats on the recruiting trail after he left and he’s won 12 games in two years. Maybe he could do what a 2X FF participant, 5x B1G champion, 4x BTT champion couldn’t and get Woody to use him.