Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

This has probably already been posted but negative media hasn't gone away yet. If IU hoped that the "leak" saying Woodson would be back would stop that, they were wrong. I expect we'll see more of this over the summer and fall. If he doesn't have a great season, it'll really explode.

https://www.indystar.com/story/opinion/columnists/2024/03/12/bob-knights-legacy-fails-iu-as-mike-woodson-keeps-coaching/72929876007/

I try to get some actual work done and come back and my boy took his ball and went home? Unfortunate, I’ve been on pins and needles waiting for the spreadsheet to tell me how many teams have been really good with a ton of transfers. He never had time I guess.  I suppose I will have to rely on 24/7 and my own eyeballs for that answer.  

31 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Done! Both per request and per moderator digital access removal.

Adios Ngw... it wasn't without entertainment, frustration, vigorous debate, joy, sadness, and all that.

But alas! This. Is. Farewell.

Ah. The old internet forum hari-kari.  Cool.  

38 minutes ago, cleeter said:

1) I know. I was agreeing with you ha.
2) I’ll try to find it. If not, then I’ll eat my words unlike others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I saw.  But that dude is just saying something without any attribution.  Had he said, I spoke with Trey and ______________, that would at least be substance.  Right now, no different that xyz is going to the portal, etc.   

I enjoy discourse, never want to see someone leave, but it was time haha. 

I really wanted him to answer my question...he spoke with a confidence that implied an intimate knowledge of the current college basketball landscape, and the inner workings of collegiate programs, NIL, recruitments... especially this one...didn't need specifics, just was curious what was driving that. 

27 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

I was aware of his time at Kentucky when I wrote it, and it was mostly a joke based on his outlandish press conference. I don’t really care who Woody hires at this point. I say mostly because it is more about optics right now and the idea of stacking failed head coaches on staff to me. Maybe he’s the best recruiter ever, I don’t know, maybe he’d completely turn us around with HS recruits, I don’t know, I do know Kentucky lost exactly zero beats on the recruiting trail after he left and he’s won 12 games in two years. Maybe he could do what a 2X FF participant, 5x B1G champion, 4x BTT champion couldn’t and get Woody to use him. 

What if he replaced Armond Hill?  (tic)

2 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

a) the list of “lots” of programs that have been successful after 5+ transfers in a year

UNC had five in-transfers this year, replaced 3 starters, and currently sit at #4 in the country and #8 in Kenpom. If you are replacing a whole team every year, you aren't going to be good. But Gallo, Leal, Reneau, Mgbako and Cupps have played lot of B1G minutes now. IF Woody can keep those guys, I think that is a decent starting point.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

What if he replaced Armond Hill?  (tic)

Now you are just trying to rile up the natives lmao. *rubs temples, that’s not possible, he’s just joking, breathe*

57 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Done! Both per request and per moderator digital access removal.

Adios Ngw... it wasn't without entertainment, frustration, vigorous debate, joy, sadness, and all that.

But alas! This. Is. Farewell.

He will still be here with alternate accounts don’t worry. Lol I still think Kathy with a C is NGW.