Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

12 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Correct.

IU doesn’t have a talent problem. They have a coach with a bad system who is bad at constructing a roster problem.

There’s little doubt in my mind that IU will get dudes from the portal. The biggest question now is what kind of dudes and how many give a s*** about the name on the front of their chest? I see a bunch of mercenaries collecting a work check next year.

It’s both. We’re severely lacking in perimeter talent and shooting talent. And our coach is bad at maximizing the talent that we do have. 

I think Quinn has made it known behind the scenes he’s not a fan of Dusty. 
Hardly a surprise they will never ever make the right moves.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Woody backers and BoT do not care about anything else. They don’t care if their money is wasted, they just want their buddy in there. May going to OSU is the least of their concerns I’d guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
May will go somewhere else and become part of the long line of coaches we could of had. I am truly convinced our admins almost want us to fail.

11 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Geez people, if Dusty May goes to O$U or any other program it's not the freakin' end of the world.  Maybe he'd be good at IU and maybe he'd flame out.  But you could say the same about Pearl, Oates, Cronin, etc.  There's no guarantee any of them would be successful at IU.  And if there is an announcement that Woody won't be back after all, Dolson might start getting some surprising calls from agents indicating their client has an interest and it could be quality candidates who've just been biding their time.  Not against Dusty May as our next coach, just can't step to the edge of the ledge ready to jump if he's at O$U or at Lance College of Mines and Engineering.  

But I was lead to believe good coaches and players don't want to play at IU due to the crazy fan base. Unless, of course, they are in the transfer portal and getting paid. In which case, they are definitely going to come to IU. In all seriousness, I too would have concerns about May versus an established guy, but I think most people are doomposting because of how much it would hurt to see and IU guy build something special at another B1G school and we stayed aboard a sinking ship too long. Dusty at say some random Big12 or ACC school winning would not bother me. Him crushing it at OSU would be devastating. 

47 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I’m sure he can do lots of things right  just running a college basketball program  isn’t one of them 

I heard he runs a hell of a Snapper lawn mower. Woody’s lawn game is top notch so they say. Maybe we can all pitch in and buy him a pallet of Scott’s fertilizer as a buyout incentive. 

This seems to suggest if we want Woodson gone, then we should root for a W today, but be one and done in the BTT.
You're gonna need to explain that one to me.
It's scotty d. Nothing makes sense.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Geez people, if Dusty May goes to O$U or any other program it's not the freakin' end of the world.  Maybe he'd be good at IU and maybe he'd flame out.  But you could say the same about Pearl, Oates, Cronin, etc.  There's no guarantee any of them would be successful at IU.  And if there is an announcement that Woody won't be back after all, Dolson might start getting some surprising calls from agents indicating their client has an interest and it could be quality candidates who've just been biding their time.  Not against Dusty May as our next coach, just can't step to the edge of the ledge ready to jump if he's at O$U or at Lance College of Mines and Engineering.  

I can't speak for others, and I'll try not to reduce my response to hyperbole; but as someone who would rather have May than Woodson, I'd hate to think IU would let a hot commodity with ties to the program take over at a a rival's institution. I would take Pearl, Donovan, and others before May, but I would also take May before Woodson. 

I'm not leaping anywhere, except potentially from the mismanagement of the IU program. 

May is just one example of an option that's got more upside to Woodson. I can have the same conversation about many other coaches if that helps others understand--for me--it's less specifically about May and more about using him as an example. 

2 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

No, that is not true. Those were examples of one year and two years at most transfers.

there are lots and lots of examples of schools bringing in 5+ transfers and moving out 5+ guys and killing it the next year.

You can keep believing it is about filling holes but that is not true.

You’re wrong. Got thru the data.  I have.  In a single year, Success is the exception not the rule.  

Basically we need to see if Pearl, May whoever else is interested, then we need to weigh the money, then decide what is the best option moving forward. 

May won’t be available after this offseason and after this offseason, the Pearl ship will be sailed away. We had a chance this offseason. We blew it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And in his only year as a head coach was 13-69. Buckner hasn't been a winner in many years.
And this is the guy running our program. Take away his playing days and he is mediocre

1 hour ago, Ngw7183 said:

That he can’t count. (Benefit of the doubt is he is using something like on3 and it doesn’t show all transfers) 

Look, if I get some time this week, I will create a full spreadsheet showing how many top 50 teams in past 2 years have had 4+ in one year and 6+ in 2 years. I will also call out those that have done it consecutive years and those who have done entire roster flips.

as @RaceToTheTop said - I don’t think all the data in the world changes peoples view so not sure it is worth my effort. 

I think you would agree that if your assessment about woody being able to assess and get the right pieces in place and to play an efficient game that the number of teams that have built through the portal previously will be irrelevant.  

Just now, Golfman25 said:

So 3 of 25.  Sounds like IU free throws. 

Also he is leaving out this is Selfs worst team even though still a good team in a long time.  UNC only plays three of those transfers. They were also two of the best transfers in the market that IU had zero chance with.  

2 hours ago, Ya Boy AD Scotty D said:

Turns out Miller Kopp's Indiana VS Everybody sweatshirt should read Simons & Cooks vs Everybody. Trey will be back, that's big. A "friend of a friend" lets call him "Tom A." (Not Allen) is telling Quinn to lace 'em up like it's '76 and meet him in the paint. Because he is going hard down there. 

Tuesday is still happening. David v. Goliath is a memorable story because of its underdog nature. It also sets a precedent for hope to beat the odds when things are looking a certain way. Anticipate we will hear more shortly after. Will solidify what I know with multiple sources before posting here again. Hopefully Thursday. Probably Friday. Thats not to say there will be anything official or qualifying as "news" by the textbook definition. We might only learn more of the context and 'why' underneath what would be a monumentally catastrophic course of action for the program (notable people also share this view). My belief as of now is that can still be avoided. All bets off if BTT goes how many think. Root for a big W today. Just an opinion, I think winning now helps. Controversial? As of now the smart money is still on Woodson. Will the line move again? 

Ok got a few more calls before tip-off. Will the sleeping giant wake up or hit snooze on the alarm again? I encourage decision makers to stroll around Showalter Fountain and recall what this program is capable of when at its best. 

Scotty D out. 

-Ya Boy AD Scott D

I have a prediction on here from some days (weeks?) back—before you or Cathy showed up—that basically predicted this. IU has no plan. That IF there’s a change they will be reactionary and thus too late for guys like May who will be off to other jobs. IU will land some other secondary tier of candidate.  

It’s almost sad how predictable IU mediocrity is.