Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, cleeter said:

Do you mean after next season. Seems like he’s already locked in for next season. Dolson doesn’t have enough pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that is what I meant.

2 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

So then why does it matter if he is recruiting HS then. He can’t do anything right is your point then. 

So we arguing for no reason. 

I’m sure he can do lots of things right  just running a college basketball program  isn’t one of them 

52 minutes ago, MrBBall said:

The fact that this program is now run by a few big donors is truly troubling 

This is the way of the world. Just a little more out in the open than in years past. 

19 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

But you would be fine if he had the UK or Duke approach? Why does it matter? This is the future of college BB to play at the top. It is all 1/2 year rentals. 5 star freshman or portal.

I don’t know if Captain Obvious or not. 

but.

UK and Duke just gather enough talent to be good and in the discussion every year (besides Covid season). 

most of our fans don’t care how it’s done, just want to root for a winner. 

it’s so simple.  

Woody tried to compete and can’t so he’s trying another avenue.  Can’t fault that I guess.  This is just the next ploy to fail for him.  

it’s a solid plan i guess. But we need a different captain to steer the ship. 

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think we will find out after the meeting what the conditions Woodson will have to meet to keep his job for next season. 

1) pinky promise to make the tournament next year. Any tournament. BTT works.

2) learn the names of recruits. Or just create cool nicknames for them like big dog or set shot.

3) hire an astrologer and rename the team Pisces.

2 minutes ago, Papacap said:

1) pinky promise to make the tournament next year. Any tournament. BTT works.

2) learn the names of recruits. Or just create cool nicknames for them like big dog or set shot.

3) hire an astrologer and rename the team Pisces.

Ok...#2 had me almost spit out my drink laughing!

3 minutes ago, Ya Boy AD Scotty D said:

Silly but where we are. Send Woodson out with a win in Assembly Hall. End the regular season on a high note. Then reality (on a few fronts) sets in after the BTT exit. Rather than say a whole lot of nothing, I'll say a little bit of nothing: things happening on and off the court matter. The entirety of the season will be assessed (take that as you will. Lot to be embarrassed about this year. Some stuff not fitting for our brand) McNeeley news shocked the staff... being anything other than buttoned up, does not tend to go well, when under a lens. 

I'll also say. I'd be surprised if anything is necessarily official following Tuesday. The situation is incredibly fluid. Many factors at hand, on and off the court. It won't be over and done with when Martha the Mop Lady stops singing today, that is clear to me. 

This is all shocking information. KathywithaQ assured us that Scotty D. has sole decision making authority in all things basketball. Why would there be so much turmoil when it is his decision alone?

58 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Texas Tech is proving other wise as just one example. It has been multiple years now with 5+.

I also think people are don’t really see how many of the top say 50 KenPom have had 4+ transfers this year. In most cases 4+ out too. rough estimate is 60% of them.

Yes, you still need a core. We will have that. We will also keep reciting 2025/2026 and look to bring in a couple but it is a shift in philosophy. Focus majority dollars on transfers and not freshman. 

It's interesting how you say hiring a mid major coach like May would likely fail based on the history of the majority failing, ignoring exceptions yet when it comes to keeping Woodson and building the team through the portal you say it will likely succeed based on the exceptions, ignoring the history of the majority failing.

@Chris007 - Surely Dolson, donors, Whitten, BoT all know about the May to OSU chatter. Are they discussing options about how to satisfy the Woodson backers, while securing our long-term future with May? Dolson needs to scare the heck out of them with tales of what Dusty will do at OSU, knowing Dusty preferred to be here initially.

Knight had opportunities to coach OSU, but he had already built something special at IU. Same could be true for Dusty. IU won't always be his dream job.