Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

firecoachwoodsonthread

11 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

IU East in Richmond 

Yes, I forgot they have campus there.

I actually graduated high school in 1981, went to Morehead State University on a baseball scholarship but threw out my arm throwing a ball from left field to home, transferred back home to Ball State, in which Muncie is my hometown, it was cheaper for me to live at home and go to school like IU and live on their campus. 

1 hour ago, steubenhoosier said:

So, just as I thought. 

A bunch of guys who want to ***** and moan but really don’t want to do anything about it.

Doesn’t have to be running for the BOT, although they seem to be the target of many on here.

Surely you all can find something more constructive to do than complain on a meaningless message board 

I implore you, again, to maybe have a banana and go outside for a while. 

24 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Let's just stop engaging with him in this thread. If not, this thread will be close to 500 pages soon on no actual news. Lol coming back for more after yesterday's display surely answers the "troll?" question

I read were he was banned over on HSN and doing similar things like he’s doing here…

21 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Do you own a mirror, sir?

You mean, do I feel the need to constantly tear down the university? 

And not have a solution? 

No to the first, therefore don’t need to worry about the second.

I can play the snarky commentary game just as well.

No one on here has stepped up with a solution.

Do you really think that anyone here would run for the BOT?

Not the point. Point is however, complain but have an alternative 

I am not complaining about the state of the program like the majority are. I am not convinced that Woodson will survive but I am not going to write him off just yet. Waiting until the season ends is not too far fetched of a concept, and then let the results speak for themselves.

7 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

And not have a solution? 

I am not complaining about the state of the program like the majority are. I am not convinced that Woodson will survive but I am not going to write him off just yet. Waiting until the season ends is not too far fetched of a concept, and then let the results speak for themselves.

Mama said waiting until the off-season to pass judgment is the devil...

And not have a solution? 

Quinn, is that you?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, DoctorP said:

Yeah, it’s getting hard to find the nuggets of information or talk about potential coaching changes. 

If I block steubenhoosier can yall please stop quoting him? 

Love you too!

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

100%.  I didn't graduate from Indiana, so I guess I have no convictions. 

I guess if I don't like the way an NFL quarterback plays in a game, instead of going on a message board and complaining about it I should just start training and try to take his job.

This is literally a thread called 'Fire Mike Woodson'.  It's like he's surprised when he opens the lion cage that there are lions in it.

Don't be silly. He's not saying to take the QBs job, he's saying just become an executive in the front office. President or GM or something like that. 

29 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

I remember when Xavier got injured...again and again.

I remember when Yogi Ferrel got injured...bell rung...

I remember when Khristian Lander... Eric Gordon...Landon Turner...Scott May...

I blame the IU Medical Center for all of the IU losses.

I suppose that now I will have to run for Doctor...

There’s a sort of a new wave of athletic training / physical therapy that deals with dynamic neuromuscular function. There’s an instagram Called PosturePro and on their page they do an evaluation on Keyonte Johnson.

I would bet a ton of money that our athletic training tools and staff are stuck in the 80’s.

you can go really in depth here and do eye training for right eye / left eye dominant players to help them shoot better with a hand in their face.

I was shaking my head in 16-17 when OG tore his ACL because I knew he shouldn’t be out there after he tweaked his knee on a dunk like 2 games prior. I literally told my friend he’s going to over compensate and tear the acl, unfortunately he did.

XJ’s foot injury this year was most likely preventable with the proper equipment and experts in place.

But its not as simple as hiring an “athletic trainer”… it’s a specialization within PT, and it’s probably 1-10% of the field or less. There’s only one man I’m aware of in Indiana that’s an expert on the subject.

if anyone is interested I can go into serious detail using CJ Gunns lower body as an example of how he’s prone to lower body injuries etc. and I’m really in the camp the training staff doesn’t know the difference between a sneeze and a wet fart.

When Lebron was suffering from back pain that almost stopped his career, he found a guy similar to to what I’m explaining. 

I always talk on here that IU has no foundation. This is an example of that.

14 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

There’s a sort of a new wave of athletic training / physical therapy that deals with dynamic neuromuscular function. There’s an instagram Called PosturePro and on their page they do an evaluation on Keyonte Johnson.

I would bet a ton of money that our athletic training tools and staff are stuck in the 80’s.

you can go really in depth here and do eye training for right eye / left eye dominant players to help them shoot better with a hand in their face.

I was shaking my head in 16-17 when OG tore his ACL because I knew he shouldn’t be out there after he tweaked his knee on a dunk like 2 games prior. I literally told my friend he’s going to over compensate and tear the acl, unfortunately he did.

XJ’s foot injury this year was most likely preventable with the proper equipment and experts in place.

But its not as simple as hiring an “athletic trainer”… it’s a specialization within PT, and it’s probably 1-10% of the field or less. There’s only one man I’m aware of in Indiana that’s an expert on the subject.

if anyone is interested I can go into serious detail using CJ Gunns lower body as an example of how he’s prone to lower body injuries etc. and I’m really in the camp the training staff doesn’t know the difference between a sneeze and a wet fart.

When Lebron was suffering from back pain that almost stopped his career, he found a guy similar to to what I’m explaining. 

I always talk on here that IU has no foundation. This is an example of that.

I can not tell you how much I want to hear more on this. PT/kinesiology is absolutely fascinating. Are the prescribed focuses/methods beyond a normal routine currently followed? ie could the typical student(lol)/athlete adhere to the change in focus?

Let’s bring in a state of the art training/S&C coach.

1 hour ago, Home Jersey said:

In "news" (using that word loosely) actually related to this thread...

Trilly just chimed in. Nothing groundbreaking, but echoing what Chris said that Dolson is working on it. He also said that if the right people get on board, BP is "in line" to be the guy.

And Woodson has some powerful friends.

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

If Dusty May is available five years from now it would mean he hasn’t succeeded at a P5 school and we won’t want him.

Pearl has been successful in his career but some posters think we can get him in his 60’s. I’m not concerned about getting Dusty when he is 52’sh.

Dusty is young, will still be young in 5-7 years and I think we could still get him at that point even if he was very successful at another P5 job. IU grad that will presumably/hopefully still want to come to IU even if he turns around a place like Missouri, as an example.