Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

As much as I want woody fired..boy it'd be funny if we won the big ten tournament.  Talk about never knowing what a team is gonna do..God dang
Yep that's one thing that never ever happens though. I think we have maybe made the semis 5 times in like 25 years. Finals once.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Fun fact. Steve Kerr’s son married our former neighbors daughter and kids babysitter who is also an IU grad.

Make it happen Scott.

Yeah, no... Don't want to go anywhere near another coach with no college experience. Ever.

25 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If Dusty May is available five years from now it would mean he hasn’t succeeded at a P5 school and we won’t want him.

Not necessarily. He is an IU alumn and that draw will always be there. Also, if he leaves FAU, he isn’t landing at a blue blood. It will be a middle of the pack type power 5 job. Those jobs are ones you leave to go to IU. There is really never a scenario where you dip down to the mid major level to hire a men’s basketball coach at IU, imo. That 5-7 years gives Dusty or anyone else a chance to improve a power 5 program and show they can recruit at a power 5 level as well. 

I spent the day with my 5 and 7 year old at my mom's playing at the park.  Me and my stepdad are going to the Mich St. Game.  I told him , I kinda hope we go 0-3-0-4 on this final stretch so we can fire woody.  He looked at me like I'm completely crazy.  I follow more than he does.

Idk, I'm just ready to feel like iu had a coach where we aren't constantly getting out coached.  I've followed every game for 23 years...IU basketball is part of me and will continue to be so until I die. But..Woody needs to go...this feels just like Archie. Come on man.  I don't even care that we won.. it's laughable 

2 hours ago, cleeter said:

So I have complained about the administration here, so I fall into that category.

Using your logic, am I allowed to complain about President Biden? Or since I’ve never put myself in the race to become president, am I not allowed to complain about him?

I do believe that you’re saying that their job is hard and a lot more to the job than what couch coaches like me even know. That is true. I think complaining about the decisions this administration has made in the past is fair. The bigger the job, the more people will care, the more people that care, more complaining can happen. Part of the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate the response. No one else seemed to feel it warranted a reply.

if you feel you are qualified to be the POTUS, I say, go for it.

I’m a big proponent of the idea that if you are going to complain about something, then you should be willing to do something about it. 

The nomination period for the BOT. Is a real thing and provides an opportunity for someone here who is dissatisfied to step up and make a difference. 

Either folks here have a conviction they don’t.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I think that Mike Woodson is far from perfect, but that was far better than Kevin Willard today. Far better.

I also think that I never, NEVER, want Indiana basketball to lose a game.

I feel you stuhoo.  I hate that I am the way that I am.  Have a few drinks in me... thinking my character flaws right now.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I think that Mike Woodson is far from perfect, but that was far better than Kevin Willard today. Far better.

The decision making portion of Kevin Willard’s brain hasn’t developed since middle school. 

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

This season is over. Every win here on out increases the chances of Mike Woodson coming back and next season being over before it even begins. I’ll want that. 

This season is over. Every win here on out increases the chances of Mike Woodson coming back and next season being over before it even begins. I’ll want that. 
Sadly you are correct. Any win only helps woodson.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Not all on here you are telling to fill out a form can  even run for the position.   You are assuming these people all graduated from IU.   Not all fans of IU basketball are Indiana graduates.   Going on a free message board to tell people who are venting about a terrible season and a coach that isn’t producing to even the standards he himself talked about when he was hired to run for a serious Indiana university position is an interesting choice.   Plus I would tell most that fill out a form to run if the platform has anything to do with athletics while they are running it probably isn’t going to end well.   One of the Hysterics ran for a spot if I’m not mistaken and he got smoked 

So, don’t try then . It’s kinda like voting. If you don’t vote, what right do you have to complain?

After being at the game tonight compared to previous couple years @ Maryland. What a difference. Previous years all the IU fans would start the IU chant when we would be winning. This year I heard multiple IU fans by me yelling brick when IU was shooting so we could lose and most yelling about Woodson. Even after the win walking out with everyone you would have not known who won as both fanbases walked out like what a crap year. Changes will have to happen. 

3 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

So, don’t try then . It’s kinda like voting. If you don’t vote, what right do you have to complain?

I'm fairly sure every single one of these posters have bought a ticket to a game, so they have helped boost the share of the athletic department one way or the other. In that sense, that gives them the right to complain. I'm not talking about IU like a stock, merely saying anyone who buys a ticket and is a fan should be allowed to complain. 

Also, the voting thing might hold water in other states but this is indiana. They could roll out a ventriloquist dummy and they would get voted in if they were republican. The only year a Democrat won the popular vote in Indiana was Obama over McCain. But alas, I'm not getting into the political aspect. 

For the record, I think Woodson should go based on his age and I think the timing could be more right this year then it might be in future years but just an opinion. I don't necessarily like how the team performs with him as coach, after 3 years of sample size. 

I do have the right to say that, whether I went to IU or did or didn't run for the BOT or not.