Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, ronzo4IU said:

After watching that, I definitely want him here in Indiana!

Ok, but I'm going to keep saying this almost as much as people in this thread say, "Fire Mike Woodson!"

WE NEED SHOOTERS. WHERE ARE THE SHOOTERS?

I like Perkins. He plays hard and is a good Athlete, but he's just a so-so, kind of streaky shooter. 

As they have for years now, IU needs some shooters.

Edited by Silat Player

7 minutes ago, Silat Player said:

Ok, but I'm going to keep saying this almost as much as people in this thread say, "Fire Mike Woodson!"

I like Perkins. He plays hard and is a good Athlete, but he's just a so-so, kind of streaky shooter. 

Yep, I like Perkins and I like Galloway, they are similar players… we need at least 2 sharp shooters in the line up and neither of them are that

11 minutes ago, Silat Player said:

Why can’t you add Perkins and a shooter? And another shooter after that? There’s 7, possibly 8 open scholarships that need filled. IU needs a PG. Perkins was 2nd team All-B10 last year. What are we even doing?

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Why can’t you add Perkins and a shooter? And another shooter after that? There’s 7, possibly 8 open scholarships that need filled. IU needs a PG. Perkins was 2nd team All-B10 last year. What are we even doing?

39 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Agree, but my worry is that Woody is going to play all of the players who aren't shooters together. I mean, he DOES seem to have a history of valuing players who are not great shooters, so...

I could just see him actually move MM to the four (if he actually doesn't try to go to the NBA), which would be great, and then move that Frosh to the three, keep TG at the 2 and Perkins at the point. I know...I know... making a TON of assumptions here, but bear with me. 

That would STILL create a lineup that's short on shooting. Based on reviews of the freshman and what I've seen of Perkins, it would be VERY short of shooters. 

Until I see at least 2 very good shooters sign with IU, I'm going to be very leary of anybody that Woody signs. And then, I'll believe that he's going to actually play the shooters and get them shots when I see it.

Edited by Silat Player

3 hours ago, Silat Player said:

Agree, but my worry is that Woody is going to play all of the players who aren't shooters together. I mean, he DOES seem to have a history of valuing players who are not great shooters, so...

I could just see him actually move MM to the four (if he actually doesn't try to go to the NBA), which would be great, and then move that Frosh to the three, keep TG at the 2 and Perkins at the point. I know...I know... making a TON of assumptions here, but bear with me. 

That would STILL create a lineup that's short on shooting. Based on reviews of the freshman and what I've seen of Perkins, it would be VERY short of shooters. 

Until I see at least 2 very good shooters sign with IU, I'm going to be very leary of anybody that Woody signs. And then, I'll believe that he's going to actually play the shooters and get them shots when I see it.

We’ve got three years of evidence and quotes that point to Woody simply not believing the 3PT line is a viable strategy to win games. Period. I more or less expected this. He is obsessed with stars and athletes, which, given his systems is probably what he needs. I don’t believe it’s a recipe for major success in CBB. The ceiling is what we saw with TJD and JHS. Thats just the reality. The Tucker kid doesn’t move the needle for me at all. He was a G League Ignite lean until they disbanded the team. And was the only top 30 player not committed elsewhere until Liam bounced on us. In the words of my man Kenny Powers this is simply about Dollar Dollar Bills Yall. It’s a desperation move, not filling a need per se. 

2 hours ago, OKHOOSIER said:

We’ve got three years of evidence and quotes that point to Woody simply not believing the 3PT line is a viable strategy to win games. Period. I more or less expected this. He is obsessed with stars and athletes, which, given his systems is probably what he needs. I don’t believe it’s a recipe for major success in CBB. The ceiling is what we saw with TJD and JHS. Thats just the reality. The Tucker kid doesn’t move the needle for me at all. He was a G League Ignite lean until they disbanded the team. And was the only top 30 player not committed elsewhere until Liam bounced on us. In the words of my man Kenny Powers this is simply about Dollar Dollar Bills Yall. It’s a desperation move, not filling a need per se. 

I like any post that quotes Kenny Powers.  Just wish Dolson would have quoted as well.  “Woody, you’re f-ing out!”

13 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Yup.

But still and always true; it’s not who you miss on, it’s who you get.

And Bryson Tucker + Tony Perkins are damn fine gets.

Perkins and Gallo play hard. And they defend. Still need more, but it’s a solid start, especially with Tucker added as a three.

I didn’t see it.  Did we get those guys? 

53 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

I didn’t see it.  Did we get those guys? 

We have the same amount of openings today as we did yesterday. Still waiting for the first domino which will probably be Tucker. I'm sure his camp is just waiting for the funds to hit his bank account

4 hours ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Yeah, I don't think the problem is under appreciation of shooters, it's under utilization. Woody doesn't think it's the coach's job to help them. Funny, says he is doing his job, but never defines what it is. Until his offense does something to help the best shooters, I don't see the results changing much. 

9 hours ago, go iu bb said:

Even with the historically bad football team, IU's basketball team should be good enough to keep the school off of these types of lists. A new coach would probably help.

https://collegefootballnews.com/rankings/worst-college-football-basketball-schools-13-to-20-indiana-army-umass-2024

Love the quote that it’s Indiana so missing the tourney is never OK. Unless you’re a ‘true’ fan and then it’s ok to miss it. 

I'm watching how we do in the portal.  Word is out that IU is going to pay well, so I'm sure we'll add some very expensive and talented players.  The key is whether we create a balanced team or just assemble a lot of good pieces that don't quite fit together.  How many of these new pieces will be promised starting roles along with their big check?  How will that affect team chemistry?  Will Woodson change his system to fit the college game?  If not, we'll underperform again next year like previous years, based on the talent on the roster.