Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Archie Miller Assessment Thread

1 hour ago, pumpfake said:

Yes, and I see him as a valuable player to retain if there is a change next year.

Yeah. I'm sure if we end up with a good-great portal haul and if Barrel Rick is correct about Mullins/other 25 recruits, everyone will be happy about that. What sucks is half the fanbase now feeling like they are empowered to "keep receipts" and mock you for rooting for your team, just because you had a different opinion on the coach. It probably says a lot about how divided society is these days.

And if Woody does land a great portal haul + land a 2025 class... if he has a good season, sure, bring him back the year after. What is a "good" season? What are the odds based on the whole picture? To say it's premature to laugh at "the angry mob" is an understatement. 

Let's see how next season goes. Sorry, but recruiting isn't enough to get me excited about the program this offseason anymore. 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

This place has been doing this for over 10 years now and that’s not going to change even with a lame duck coach that 99 percent of people want to move on from.   Isn’t that part of the fun for people projecting possible rosters?   I’m old enough to remember Mario Kegler looking good in candy stripes before he chose someone else.  Anthony Lee was going to be a missing piece for the Hoosiers as a grad transfer.  Then he was going to torch IU because he ended up going to Ohio St.  slowing down isn’t as much fun as projecting rosters that most won’t come to light.  Some   IU fans are in a rough spot and that sucks.   Getting a 5 star kid should be celebrated throughout the fan base but with where most stand with the head coach that’s not possible.   Here’s hoping next year will be back to normal 

You are so correct. Yes, it is fun with the possible guys but it's different when we need so many spots. I hope he's amazing.

5 minutes ago, Trish said:

Not at all. Woodson can't coach nor teach as it's been proven after his three years as the head of the program. Hell it was proven when he wasn't hired again as an NBA head coach.

Woodson could bring in Duke's recruiting class next season and still fail to make it to the second weekend of the tournament. This kid was given a large dollar amount and a starting position. Good for the kid for waiting out till the spring to get the higher dollar. 

If Woody's high dollar supporters want to try to buy him a winning team, I say go for it. But they will run the risk of proving just how bad of a college basketball coach he is if they load up his roster and we still stink it up! But hey, if he competes for a BT Championship and gets a deep NCAA run and proves me wrong....I like my crow with red wine and a cigar!

Just now, Home Jersey said:

Yeah. I'm sure if we end up with a good-great portal haul and if Barrel Rick is correct about Mullins/other 25 recruits, everyone will be happy about that. What sucks is half the fanbase now feeling like they are empowered to "keep receipts" and mock you for rooting for your team, just because you had a different opinion the coach. It probably says a lot about how divided society is these days.

And if Woody does land a great portal haul + land a 2025 class... if he has a good season, sure, bring him back the year after. What is a "good" season? What are the odds based on the whole picture? To say it's premature to laugh at "the angry mob" is an understatement. 

Let's see how next season goes. Sorry, but recruiting isn't enough to get me excited about the program this offseason anymore. 

Yeah the second element to me is if he actually puts the time to coach the players.  The perimeter defense was gawd awful and if it's not addressed you can have all the five stars you want... we ain't going far. 

1 minute ago, RoadRage said:

If Woody's high dollar supporters want to try to buy him a winning team, I say go for it. But they will run the risk of proving just how bad of a college basketball coach he is if they load up his roster and we still stink it up! But hey, if he competes for a BT Championship and gets a deep NCAA run and proves me wrong....I like my crow with red wine and a cigar!

Agreed. Their money, not mine. I personally wouldn't donate to this specific head coach considering the basketball we've all seen under him. 

I'd personally donate my money to the women's basketball program. 100% a better program and has been for years. 

20 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

This place has been doing this for over 10 years now and that’s not going to change even with a lame duck coach that 99 percent of people want to move on from.   Isn’t that part of the fun for people projecting possible rosters?   I’m old enough to remember Mario Kegler looking good in candy stripes before he chose someone else.  Anthony Lee was going to be a missing piece for the Hoosiers as a grad transfer.  Then he was going to torch IU because he ended up going to Ohio St.  slowing down isn’t as much fun as projecting rosters that most won’t come to light.  Some   IU fans are in a rough spot and that sucks.   Getting a 5 star kid should be celebrated throughout the fan base but with where most stand with the head coach that’s not possible.   Here’s hoping next year will be back to normal 

Not to be disrespectful but what is your idea of normal?

5 hours ago, choosierred1 said:

Fire. Mike Woodson. #TrueFanClub

4 hours ago, bigrod said:

Nothing to add, just wanted to see it again.

4 hours ago, 68Hoosier said:

And again

I don't think that I can see this too many times!