Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, Silat Player said:

Of course Woody is cookin'. After all, Coach has SEVEN schollys to fill and it's almost APRIL.

He'd better be cookin'...

Yup.

But still and always true; it’s not who you miss on, it’s who you get.

And Bryson Tucker + Tony Perkins are damn fine gets.

Perkins and Gallo play hard. And they defend. Still need more, but it’s a solid start, especially with Tucker added as a three.

I’m torn because I’d surely love it if Woodson was able to bring in a stellar group for next year…I just really don’t want him to be the one here to coach them. I’ve had it with his shenanigans of acting like he’s superior to everything/everyone. I’d feel so much better if we 100% knew for sure that no matter how we did next year, he was just gonna be done and will be trying to go out on a high note with this upcoming season. Would make it so much more enjoyable to root for success (not that I would root for us to lose) rather than be worried that he meets whatever subpar standards there are that make him stick around to continue to underperform. 

Just now, IUrocker said:

I’m torn because I’d surely love it if Woodson was able to bring in a stellar group for next year…I just really don’t want him to be the one here to coach them. I’ve had it with his shenanigans of acting like he’s superior to everything/everyone. I’d feel so much better if we 100% knew for sure that no matter how we did next year, he was just gonna be done and will be trying to go out on a high note with this upcoming season. Would make it so much more enjoyable to root for success (not that I would root for us to lose) rather than be worried that he meets whatever subpar standards there are that make him stick around to continue to underperform. 

Yes.  Hopefully he announces next season is his last no matter what.   Otherwise even if he miraculously puts together a solid team and we have a good season you'll still have at least half the fan base rooting for us to lose every game.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Yup.

But still and always true; it’s not who you miss on, it’s who you get.

And Bryson Tucker + Tony Perkins are damn fine gets.

Perkins and Gallo play hard. And they defend. Still need more, but it’s a solid start, especially with Tucker added as a three.

Agreed. I like Perkins, but not in the same lineup with TG.

Perkins and Gallo together give you more of the same problems that you had this year. Not nearly enough shooting...

5 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Yes.  Hopefully he announces next season is his last no matter what.   Otherwise even if he miraculously puts together a solid team and we have a good season you'll still have at least half the fan base rooting for us to lose every game.

The alternative is that... fans could root for the team they support... to win. 

I want Woodson gone too but if as you say we miraculously have a solid team with a good season, I'd hope half the fans could get behind the team even if they don't think the coach is what's best for the program. I just don't think it's realistic to hope that he makes any announcement about next season being his last no matter what before the season even starts. 

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

What does this mean?

It means whatever Woody is cooking has made him lose a bunch of weight this off-season. Also probably overpaying for players, but what choice do we have?

It could also be around $6M he's cooking?

Edited by Coach Robby

Tucker fits the profile of one of Woodson's spring 5 star commitments. Looks likely, that's good. 

We just have to fill so many roster spots, I can't get excited about "our haul" yet, especially if Tucker and Perkins end up being the big gets.

3 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Tucker fits the profile of one of Woodson's spring 5 star commitments. Looks likely, that's good. 

We just have to fill so many roster spots, I can't get excited about our haul yet, especially if Tucker and Perkins end up being the big gets.

Yep. Tucker and Perkins don't fix IU's shooting woes.

6 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

The alternative is that... fans could root for the team they support... to win. 

I want Woodson gone too but if as you say we miraculously have a solid team with a good season, I'd hope half the fans could get behind the team even if they don't think the coach is what's best for the program. I just don't think it's realistic to hope that he makes any announcement about next season being his last no matter what before the season even starts. 

They can. Unfortunately, the team I like is led by a coach I don’t like at all. The stories we’ve heard about him paint the picture of a coach that no part of me wants to support. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

They can. Unfortunately, the team I like is led by a coach I don’t like at all. The stories we’ve heard about him paint the picture of a coach that no part of me wants to support. 

Yeah I feel the same way for the most part. How they start the season is going to matter a lot, for many reasons. 

There's just no way he's announcing before next season that it will be his last no matter what IMO.