Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

fIre CoAch woodsoN ThREAD

14 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Are you serious?

Yes, well I assume he’s talking about you. He tweets about “60 year old guys working in ____ telling you they have inside info from the athletic department” and “message board guys from campus who feed Trilly info that everyone believes.” Also says that it’s “the same guys” who “cooked up” the Brad Stevens store. He has 1,900 posts so there are probably more, but that’s just from the past few days. 

16 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

I've seen a few tweets that seem to indirectly reference you in pretty disparaging ways. Not with your username that I've seen (easily could have missed that because just saw the account yesterday for the first time). 

To say he's gone fully off the deep end is a complete and total understatement. Big yikes. 

Chris has a stalker.  Chris- Don't go straight home after work. Drive around in circles so you can shake any car tailing you.  

7 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Not only do the dumb$$es pull this every year, but the bulk of the fans buy it until it goes up in flames. It really doesn't matter who Woodson is able to con into coming here for the NIL cash, he's still the coach and that says all I need to hear.

So hilarious "Hmmmm, almost like someone has been telling all of you to calm down, not believe the doom. To quit worrying. Now you are seeing ... some of it. More coming, chill." 

What exactly is it that we are "now seeing" because last I checked, we still have no recruits after our 5 star decommitted when we announced we were bringing our HC back. Dude is a complete and total joke, wannabe insider... he is 100% portraying himself that way.

I used to like reading his posts but somewhere along the way he became way too combative. Sad to see his delusion spill over in so many ways... but he is sure pumped to have those 200 followers behind him! Hope he gets the help he needs. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

He'll do just enough in the portal to get people excited on paper for next season. It looks to me that a lot of posters have already forgotten how bad of a coach he is when you don't see it every other night. 

When is he going to start.  Weren't we told a several transfers were already "set?"  So far, nada, nothing, zilch, zip.  

12 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Did I miss what great amazing thing happened that tyme is referring to? Did we land a explosive player that I missed?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Bruce Thornton, but he's not in the portal yet.  

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yes, well I assume he’s talking about you. He tweets about “60 year old guys working in ____ telling you they have inside info from the athletic department” and “message board guys from campus who feed Trilly info that everyone believes.” Also says that it’s “the same guys” who “cooked up” the Brad Stevens store. He has 1,900 posts so there are probably more, but that’s just from the past few days. 

Good thing is he has most of his info wrong about me. The only thing that is remotely close is I work on campus. So yes it has to be him.

Serious question…do you guys think if this coming season goes south that the next IU head coaching search will be as embarrassing as Louisville’s? Kelsey may turn out great, I don’t know. But the optics on the whole thing have been brutal for them. We all just want to think that anyone (Pearl, etc) would leave for the IU job, but my confidence in that gets lower by the day and by each failed season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I'm guessing that Chris Collins looks at NW being a better job than IU right now. Probably why he hasn't been a candidate at UofL 

Chris is from around my parts.  He's not going anywhere, except maybe Duke.  He's home, treated well, doing great things at NW (for NW).  He's Pat Fitzgerald 2.0.  

We really should’ve fired Woodson and went with dusty. He would’ve been our floor in the coaching search. Whoever we get next year will almost certainly be worse, imo. 

Completely agree. I’m a Dusty homer, but my gut says IU will regret it big time.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, ib4iu said:

Goodman just tweeted that Louisville is hiring Pat Kelsey from Charleston. Leaves an opening for us and Schertz. Maybe he waits for a bigger job than SLU. 

I admittedly know very little about Kelsey but he is only 48, has been a HC for 12 years and has won his conference an impressive six of the twelve years (also has  2 seconds and 2 thirds). 

3 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

So hilarious "Hmmmm, almost like someone has been telling all of you to calm down, not believe the doom. To quit worrying. Now you are seeing ... some of it. More coming, chill." 

What exactly is it that we are "now seeing" because last I checked, we still have no recruits after our 5 star decommitted when we announced we were bringing our HC back. Dude is a complete and total joke, wannabe insider... he is 100% portraying himself that way.

I used to like reading his posts but somewhere along the way he became way too combative. Sad to see his delusion spill over in so many ways... but he is sure pumped to have those 200 followers behind him! Hope he gets the help he needs. 

And remember, the good ones, the ones that Woodson wants - those guys haven't' entered the portal yet. Looks like Woodson isn't the only delusional one.

1 minute ago, DLG3 said:

Serious question…do you guys think if this coming season goes south that the next IU head coaching search will be as embarrassing as Louisville’s? Kelsey may turn out great, I don’t know. But the optics on the whole thing have been brutal for them. We all just want to think that anyone (Pearl, etc) would leave for the IU job, but my confidence in that gets lower by the day and by each failed season.

I agree on the optics being bad, but man, at this point... if we could get a coach with a similar profile to Kelsey next year, I'd be happy. 12 years as a HC at Winthrop and CofC have been pretty darn good, record wise. Looks like a consistent winner on the surface, not familiar with his style of play and what not though. I have super low expectations/hopes for our next HC hire. 

5 minutes ago, DLG3 said:

I would like to hope not. I would say that feelers by Dolson have already been put out this season will have information that could be carried into next year on how people see us. I would also say that Dolson would/could be putting out feelers behind the scenes all season long if it goes haywire or looks bleak. Seems like the plan is to move on next season barring a crazy run. Again, all hypotheticals and my guesses.