Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

39 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

Why does it matter when we don't land any of these recruits?  It makes us look like always a bridesmaid and never a bride.  Oh look so, so choose someone else other IU nothing new IU doesn't land their target again.  

I meant good press for the kid. I agree it’s not a great look for us to always be a finalist and not get commitments. 

2 hours ago, Trish said:

It takes a while for compliance to register players through the portal. It's not an automatic process exactly. 

There literally was a player who announced that he was going into the portal within fifteen minutes of losing in the conference tournament that he was entering the portal and it was announced on Tipton Edits.  You don't have to have the paperwork go through the portal to announce you are entering.

Why does it matter when we don't land any of these recruits?  It makes us look like always a bridesmaid and never a bride.  Oh look so, so choose someone else other IU nothing new IU doesn't land their target again.  
Rabjohns last summer iu is in on its most top 50 players ever. And we got a big fat zero.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

I’ve finally made it. 

Thanks for your insight.  In regards to the Tuesday meeting.  In your opinion, is there any chance that Friday’s events - blowout, ejection - could change anything?  

1 hour ago, iubhounds2 said:

They have TWO "shot doctors" on the bench in administrative position, yet cannot coach shooting. Am I right?

D1’s men’s and women’s basketball programs are allowed to have 2 additional non-assistant staff members with on court duties. 

It’s up to each program who to use for on court designations. That being said, a lot of programs break this rule. 

18 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

There literally was a player who announced that he was going into the portal within fifteen minutes of losing in the conference tournament that he was entering the portal and it was announced on Tipton Edits.  You don't have to have the paperwork go through the portal to announce you are entering.

Exactly. But for a coach to contact you, you must be in the portal. If not, it’s an NCAA violation. A lot of schools have committed violations within the last week by reaching out to kids who are not officially in the portal yet. 

Is your program willing to bend the rules? Most of the time it’s coaches reaching out to AAU coaches or following on IG. 

18 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

Well our very own Coach Jerry is famous on X now! 

Social media is such a funny thing. The one Twitter person basically implying someon is looking for attention while in fact they’re the one vying for clicks

7 minutes ago, kottke said:

I don’t know why but I find this interesting. All the big dogs were on hand:

https://twitter.com/iuhoosiers/status/1769848347790061714?s=46&t=gB0MxkpMJ7CnCr8Z4-dEpQ

All the money Indiana could ask for just to not make the NCAA tournament. 

But that’s Mike Woodson doing his job! 

Our guys haven’t entered the portal yet?
I thought he was golfing but it appears he is taking that blank check from the Simon's and locking up everyone. The Woodson magic!

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk