Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

19 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I guess if Woodson keeps everyone and gets a elite guard in the portal and then get another elite shooter I think we would be good!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I’m not buying it. Indiana has zero bench at the moment, they would have to clean house there. Woodson will still want to play inside out and Malik clearly isn’t the answer at this point to be the #1 option. 

Cupps will be serviceable, Trey will be serviceable of course. I’m not buying Woodson being able to turn it around in the portal. 

He’s getting 3 times what he got this year.

Pretty much what I figured. No wonder he ran it back. I doubt he would have run it back for the same money.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I hope I’m wrong but I was told he could lose every player and he’s still getting next season. Boosters have already ponied up their money and he gets to see what he can do with it. Which we know is not much.

So in that case, we just hope he puts together a good team and know next year will be his last and announces retirement, or should we be worried that if he actually is able to put together a stellar group and do really well that it’d have him stay even longer? I know Jerry mentioned Dolson putting expectations on him as far as wins/losses go, so I wonder if it’d be safe to just kinda root for a pretty decent year and as long as he doesn’t make the Final Four or win B10 championship then we’ll know he’s gone and we can be done with the mercenary crap. 

If he is gonna get to be here for his 4th year even if he strikes out in the offseason with people leaving, then it kinda seems pointless to hope that it happens….because if it did make him get kicked out and we move on to someone else then I'm sure most here would hope he strikes out ha 

27 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I hope I’m wrong but I was told he could lose every player and he’s still getting next season. Boosters have already ponied up their money and he gets to see what he can do with it. Which we know is not much.

This truly makes me a Tad Queasy! 

Over 6 million next year in NIL

Did I mistake something along the line, or did our NIL go from 4 million to 6 million this offseason. So does that mean the booster (Simons, Cooks, Woody backers) only put up an extra 2 million to raise it to 6, or are they already part of the 4 million and added more?

Or is that 4 million to 6 million something i thought i seen but totally fabricated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Trish said:

Anthony Leal getting paid to warm the bench is a joke. 

He’s a feel good story absolutely, the program needs a hometown player for sure. But paying him? 

Especially knowing he’s getting paid triple the amount just to talk up his coach and say we should chill because they’re gonna run it back next year. 

34 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I guess if Woodson keeps everyone and gets a elite guard in the portal and then get another elite shooter I think we would be good!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

How does  that fix our defense?

3 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Especially knowing he’s getting paid triple the amount just to talk up his coach and say we should chill because they’re gonna run it back next year. 

Yeah why wouldn’t they run it back.  There will never another job he can get making the money they are making without having to produce any results at all.

Anthony Leal getting paid to warm the bench is a joke. 

He’s a feel good story absolutely, the program needs a hometown player for sure. But paying him? 

Its not that much of a feel good story anymore knowing he is getting paid big money when most 12th men in the big ten probably don't get dork.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Did I mistake something along the line, or did our NIL go from 4 million to 6 million this offseason. So does that mean the booster (Simons, Cooks, Woody backers) only put up an extra 2 million to raise it to 6, or are they already part of the 4 million and added more?

Or is that 4 million to 6 million something i thought i seen but totally fabricated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They for sure put up an extra two. I figured all of the collectives made up the other 4.