Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

I hate that because I thought Banks had a lot of potential.  
Teo young guys who will be replaced with one year rent a players.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

Yep, but a good coach could develop them.  Wasn't that the comment, we need to get better quick.  He should have been developing these guys into better players for next year instead of the re-build mentality every year.  Just my 2 Cents. 

4 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Two young players who are not talented enough.  Definitely need an upgrade in the bench. 

13 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

seriously though, I thought someone said there would be two announcing for the portal today.  Did I miss read that.

It takes a while for compliance to register players through the portal. It's not an automatic process exactly. 

2 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

I hate that because I thought Banks had a lot of potential.  

I think it's fairly likely they'll both go somewhere else and produce more. I think Woodson killed their confidence with his rotations early in the year... I'm sure they could have also worked harder to "stay ready" too (they are who I assume those comments from Leal were directed at earlier in the year). We rarely looked like a team that was having fun this year. That's part of why it sucked so much. 

Fact is, Woodson himself said he couldn't "afford to wait on" those two to be ready this year. He didn't get them ready. Blame is probably not on the staff alone but you certainly can't absolve them of any. 

4 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

I think it's fairly likely they'll both go somewhere else and produce more. I think Woodson killed their confidence with his rotations early in the year... I'm sure they could have also worked harder to "stay ready" too (they are who I assume those comments from Leal were directed at earlier in the year). We rarely looked like a team that was having fun this year. That's part of why it sucked so much. 

Fact is, Woodson himself said he couldn't "afford to wait on" those two to be ready this year. He didn't get them ready. Blame is probably not on the staff alone but you certainly can't absolve them of any. 

I think your right...   I just feel like the staff should be able to develop the next guys into a roll, that is why we have bench players.  Not sure if they were just not that good or not but i seen flashes of what i thought looked good.

I must have missed the Leal comments.  What did he say?

Just now, 68Hoosier said:

I think your right...   I just feel like the staff should be able to develop the next guys into a roll, that is why we have bench players.  Not sure if they were just not that good or not but i seen flashes of what i thought looked good.

I must has missed the Leal comments.  What did he say?

I saw flashes too... they just never seemed to build on it/put it all together/get put in best position to succeed IMO. 

After a game earlier in the year, Leal made some comment about "it's not that hard to stay ready" and being prepared which, to me, seemed directed at Gunn and Banks because they had fallen out of the rotation in favor of Leal. 

The team may not have quit on the staff based on the end of year win streak, but those two definitely seemed more tuned out IMO. I can understand why they would feel they did not have a fair shake/need a fresh start. Wish them well if/when they officially portal. 

Yep, but a good coach could develop them.  Wasn't that the comment, we need to get better quick.  He should have been developing these guys into better players for next year instead of the re-build mentality every year.  Just my 2 Cents. 
Correct. He has cupps and Newton who has been hurt for two years as the only young players. The rest of the team is old or rent a players. I don't count mm as I don't expect him back.

36 minutes ago, Trish said:

Woodson hasn't had his one on ones yet more than likely. 

He hasn’t gotten back from the golf course yet.Remember Mike Woodson will do 1on1 when Mike Woodson is ready to do 1on1

He hasn’t gotten back from the golf course yet.Remember Mike Woodson will do 1on1 when Mike Woodson is ready to do 1on1
That is why I call him the nba legend. In his mind he is a legend and should be treated like one.

3 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

The 1on1 has to come to Mike Woodson.

Do they have to spend NIL money on plane tickets or will the Cook family fly them to Florida to the golf course between games.

Do they have to spend NIL money on plane tickets or will the Cook family fly them to Florida to the golf course between games.
Fly them to fuzzys house in naples.

16 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I wonder if he'll get another call from the athletic department asking him to please stop saying bad things about our coach. 

Did that happen.   If anyone got a call i would think DD would have gotten one.