Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

1 hour ago, RoncalliHoosier said:

Is there a link for the portal list?

There's some secondary websites that offer somewhat updated list but i have a bit more direct access to it. ;)

19 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

No he's not. DeVries, Wade, Buzz Williams, Steve Lutz and Danny Sprinkle are the real names in the mix.

They are looking at too many people.SD needs to show their ad how to do a coaching search.

If this is truly our approach, IU could write a book titled something like "How To Be a Company That No Good Employees Want to Work For." The face of the program shows a serious lack of leadership. His bosses have no idea how to lead. If this was a company I was interviewing for and I found out they operated like this, I'm 100% out. We're damn lucky we actually have a history to fall back on.

1 hour ago, SamIam said:

Waiting a year def throws off the Dusty timeline. He will probably have a much bigger buyout, and will have to turn a program around in under a year to be considered. IU is not paying 15-20 mill a year if Dusty just makes the tournament, he would need a Tang-like turnaround. I still think Dusty "would walk to Bloomington," to use Trilly's phrasing, but after hearing what QB thought about Dusty I'm afraid many of those on this board who thought he was "unproven" may have gotten your way.  He is not staying at FAU on some hope that IU will open. Without any guarantee, he has to do what is best for his career, and that is taking a P5 job. 

The Shrews timeline seems like it fits better and he is a great option. He's one of the brightest young coaches in america, he turned around the worst job in the Big Ten in 2 years, and made them see hope in basketball. Then he left that program for ND ostensibly to get back home to Indiana. He would absolutely own recruiting in this state and he is as good with X's and O's as they come. Who cares about "selling it to the fanbase." My top requirement is, was, always will be that the guy is a good coach. 

To that end, some of you guys will be upset with the hire no matter who it is. They could hire Jesus Christ himself and you would say "yeah well he did it in Judea but that doesn't always translate to the roman league!" If that's you, I would suggest taking a step back. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better, because Purdue is going on a run. For the rest of us, we root for Woody in the portal, and for Dusty and Shrews next year. Go Hoosiers. 

If Bucker doesn't think Dusty's the man, then he is a guaranteed Grand Slam.  Book it.  

56 minutes ago, mamasa said:

I'd meet you at a side bar! Not to press for info, I just want to have a beer w/ another IU fanatic lol! The Sink Hole works for me lol!

True Fans only?   

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Woodson has been logged into his Myspace account all morning but no transfers have reached out yet. He's going to try AOL soon

Not sure that was even a thing back in his day.  Maybe carrier pigeon.

2 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

Not sure that was even a thing back in his day.  Maybe carrier pigeon.

He’s sitting in his office waiting for transfers to show up. If you want to play for Mike Woodson, you come to Mike Woodson. 

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Woodson has been logged into his Myspace account all morning but no transfers have reached out yet. He's going to try AOL soon

I hope reality setting in (that no one wants to play for him or in his crap system) is so bone jarring that all of his teeth fall out.

Dude needs a serious reality check.

Nobody wants to play for you Mike. Only the BoT and boosters think you should be the coach. 

1 hour ago, SamIam said:

The Shrews timeline seems like it fits better and he is a great option. He's one of the brightest young coaches in america, he turned around the worst job in the Big Ten in 2 years, and made them see hope in basketball. Then he left that program for ND ostensibly to get back home to Indiana. He would absolutely own recruiting in this state and he is as good with X's and O's as they come. Who cares about "selling it to the fanbase." My top requirement is, was, always will be that the guy is a good coach

Plot twist: Shrews lands commitments from both Mullins and Sisley and they follow him to Bloomington along with Markus Burton. 

I wouldn't hate it and gun to my head I'd probably take Shrews over May anyway. I understood the idea of May if he was able to bring his core over from FAU, seeing as those guys only have a year of eligibility left, I'm pretty stale on him starting in 25-26. He's not exactly being coveted as hard as I thought he would be by some of the other job vacancies. 

With ND being a private university, I therefore cannot find any information about the terms of Shrewsbury's buyout. Would love to know how feasible it would be after he only had two years at ND.

10 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Plot twist: Shrews lands commitments from both Mullins and Sisley and they follow him to Bloomington along with Markus Burton. 

I wouldn't hate it and gun to my head I'd probably take Shrews over May anyway. I understood the idea of May if he was able to bring his core over from FAU, seeing as those guys only have a year of eligibility left, I'm pretty stale on him starting in 25-26. He's not exactly being coveted as hard as I thought he would be by some of the other job vacancies. 

Could be because other AD's know where he wants to be and sees the situation currently at the place he wants to be.