Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Archie Miller Assessment Thread

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Poor ISP posted info on Peegs and is taking a beating for it. Most people don’t believe him. He should have just stayed with us over here. We don’t bash people who bring us info whether it turns out true or not.

For those of us that don't have Peegs account, what did ISP say?

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Did he also say they used to use peach baskets when he first started playing?

How is he supposed to relate to recruits today when in his day they changed the game by cutting the bottom out of the peach basket?

3 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

They are spouting some BS that future coaches will be scared off because IU will run them off if they aren’t successful by year three.  Of course the miss the part where the fired coach walks away with millions.  

Agreed, that is such an overplayed narrative. It's something that sounds reasonable when people say it but ultimately makes very little sense.

1) For the reason you mentioned, money talks 2) No one who is worth hiring expects to fail

42 minutes ago, cleeter said:

So tonight Rabby said 1) Indiana could land Bruce and 2) Pearl would love the IU job.

I am so ready to get hurt again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lU should but won't because of their goody two shoes mentality.

The problem is we aren't winning,  if we were winning their voices wouldn't be heard at all. The media didn't like Knight but he was a winner and didn't have to answer to them. CMW isn't winning and can't act the same way. The future isn't looking very positive either. 

Pearl would honestly be an equivalent hire as Cig was for Football imo from Dolson. Would give 4-6 more years for Dusty to build that resume to see if he is the real deal.

A big part of me loves the Pearl idea. Age concerns me a bit though, tbh.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Have him bring Broome and Hollowell. Has a good guard signed for 24. Try to keep McNeely, Mgbako, Reneau, Gallo.

Would be interesting to see what he can do with Indiana resources in the portal.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

7 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

I don’t see that being an issue at all for a guy like him anymore. Beard is a hell no but outside of him, not an issue. 

Number one issue I will keep repeating. No donor is going to give $12 mil, help with new salary etc to replace Woody who many of them still like with Dusty or the like. 

Dolsons only shot is to lineup a Pearl, lock it 100%, not 99% in, and then go ask for the money. Even then, he is going to have to convince. 

The athletic department got about a $30 million raise with the new TV deal that started this year.  They got a donor to pay for the football buyout. So Dolson has the money, regardless of any donors, without taking away from any funds he had at his disposal in any previous year. Money for buyouts is not an issue. Money for NIL could be a factor but not for buyouts. It’s going to be about politicking to fire a guy and then still get them to donate to NIL. But I believe Dolson has the capability to bridge that political gap and win over a donor or 2. 

5 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

Or maybe they have an agenda. See, we can both see play hypotheticals. They do by the way and obvious to see. They never liked how he responded to them. 

why do I get to decide, huh? Simply making a statement that we have too many websites, podcast and blogs acting not as reporters but opinion givers. Most of them don’t make some big living off of that. They do it as a side thing. Market or not market they are there.

Problem is their voice and opinions shouldn’t carry any weight but do. Most of them don’t no more than the average fan and know less than intelligent fans. That has been a problem well before any of this.

DD for being the mess he is got that one right a long time ago. He is good for one or 2 a year. 

I think it’s important to differentiate just anyone with a blog or a website or a podcast from “the media.”  Everyone has access to the internet and the ability to get their voice heard.  Whether it’s sports or anything else, sure, a lot of people decide what they want to believe and then easily find something on the internet to latch on to.  To the extent someone wants to blame that phenomenon for their problems, it’s not going away anytime soon.

11 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Guess he's forgotten the past 25 years as a HC/assistant in the NBA. Did he have his eyes closed when his teams played Golden State -- and Steph Curry would take two steps across the half-court line and launch 3s? And when that same Steph Curry won two MVPs by pretty much shooting nothing but 3-pointers. And how post play in the NBA has been deemphasized over the past several years? 

Wonder if he realizes nobody runs the wishbone anymore in football?

Or has leather helmets with no face mask on anymore either.