Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, cleeter said:

1987, I was three years away from……being born emoji15.png*

*sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said when I was a newly wed in our church marriage small group “we don’t have any children but are actively practicing the conception part”

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This is so true. It’s got to be infuriating to them. Our lack of ball movement and player movement sucks so bad.

But Cupps has been given far more time than he’s earned. That’ll end up helping him in the long run if it’s not at Indiana.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Not sure how you can say that... Cupps is the only reasonable guard they have besides Gallo and Leal... X is always hurt, Banks, an injured Newton and a bunch of walk-ons is all Woodson has... he didn't recruit any from the portal, remember...

13 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Some of this is getting over-hyped - jmo. The players are all frustrated for obvious reasons, their parents too. That said I’m a bit skeptical it’s at this level of threatened departures. If it is, I’ll start thinking a change is at least possible this spring/summer. I continue to doubt it, but watching how much of this is overblown or not for sure

A change in the summer after the majority of impact transfers have signed would make zero sense. 

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

And don't forget no center jumps after each made basket.

And they don't shoot free throws for non-shooting fouls until the 7th foul of the half... I guess that's a good thing for Woodson's teams. *clank* *brick*

33 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yes he will have an end of the season meeting with all players and coaches.

“Well Woody none of the guys want to return next year. Quinn and I were talking we would love it if you tried this over again. Now you might not use all your scholarships but it’s okay I’m sure Curt and Jeff would be fine with you using some of their guys.”

Who actually thinks we are going to beat Wiscy?  Not friggin me!  This who
e thing is crazy.  No more money!  That’s the new chant!  No more fing money!
Tuesday is the new hump day.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, FortWayneHoosier said:

32 here. My biggest memories are from 2002 and after. Yes I watched Indiana when coach knight was in his  last two or three years but I was like 8 or 9 years old. I think most of us younger people love the tradition and really love what Indiana basketball is about but we have never been around when IU was a world beater and relevant. That’s why most younger college basketball fans love the Dukes, Kentuckys, UConn, Gonzaga’s, of the world because they have managed to have success in the last 20 years and sustain it. IU hasn’t been a powerhouse since we went to the final game in 2002, maybe for a short stint when Zeller and Oladipo were here, but we only made it to the sweet 16. I think we are at a crossroads with this next hire imo.

Hell Duke, UConn, UNC and Kansas have won titles in the last 10 years. Kentucky gets the "NBA" brand that helps them under Cal. Indiana has... The 70s and 80s.

3 hours ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

Couldn't agree more... this one has to be as risk free as possible.... granted there's no such thing as risk free

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

But doing that will minimize the risk!

1 hour ago, Sardinefarts1991 said:

The only good Coach IU has had in my lifetime of watch IU in 23 years has been 1 coach, Kelvin Sampson, for 1.5 years until he got fired for text messages before the texting deadline.  1 year later, his violation was no longer a violation.  I want a good coached Hoosier team finally.  This is BS.  I've watched every ******* game for 23 years and ... I mean..listen to woodsons pregame vs Wisconsin press conference.  The man is clueless.

We thought we had to bring Knight back to end the curse. Maybe we need to invite Sampson back instead 

“Well Woody none of the guys want to return next year. Quinn and I were talking we would love it if you tried this over again. Now you might not use all your scholarships but it’s okay I’m sure Curt and Jeff would be fine with you using some of their guys.”
Quinn needs to be on that bench next year right next to armond hill.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

I wonder how media people really feel about Woodson. Even ITH is being very critical. Wonder if they feel annoyed by him as well. 

Ya Inside the Hall from what I’ve followed have never been afraid to say how they feel, other outlets don’t usually say any negative until the cat is out of the bag and everyone is trashing the program. I think a lot of the media tries to ride that fine line so they don’t lose credentials. But I imagine there aren’t many media folks that are on board with the product in Bloomington. If we lose the next few games you will see everyone going the negative route.