Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

4 hours ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

Damn, you guys are young, lol.  I was a college sophomore when we won the 1987 title.

Same…I was on campus at Wright Quad watching the game with a bunch of friends. We sprinted to Showalter fountain and then on to Kirkwood. Best night of my life….. as a college kid. Lol

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I was 11 in 87. Still remember going to the auditorium to see everyone celebrate and getting hiy with a beer-soaked snowball. My parents thought that was a sign they should take me home. I've loved beer ever since

I officially turned 21 a half-hour after the game ended, so it was a fun night/morning.

5 hours ago, Artie86 said:

That's when players and coaches get frustrated because they sometimes forget about QUAD wins/losses. Just wins and losses alone don't always get you in. We have been bitten so many times this year with bad losses.

With our remaining 4 games of the regular season, there are opportunities to get 3 quad 1 wins and a quad 2. That's 2 home and 2 away. I just don't see that happening.

Below is a list of all wins and losses so far, from quad 1 through quad 4.

Quad 1 
Record: 1-8
L
57-77
Neutral (3)   5 UConn
L
76-104
Neutral (7)   Auburn
L
71-75
Home (14)   2 Kansas
L
70-86
Away (41)   Nebraska
L
66-87
Home (2)   2 Purdue
L
79-91
Away (22)   11 Wisconsin
L
62-70
Away (17)   10 Illinois
W
76-73
Away (66)   Ohio St.
L
59-79
Away (2)   2 Purdue
Quad 2 
Record: 4-4
W
65-53
Home (67)   Maryland
W
78-75
Away (120)   Michigan
W
71-65
Home (66)   Ohio St.
L
57-66
Away (98)   Rutgers
W
74-68
Home (60)   Iowa
L
72-76
Home (53)   Northwestern
L
70-85
Home (41)   Nebraska
L
74-83
Away (96)  

Penn St.

Quad 3 
Record: 3-1
W
89-80
Home (144)   Wright St.
W
69-68
Home (118)   Morehead St.
W
74-62
Home (78)   Minnesota
L
71-85
Home (96)   Penn St.
Quad 4 
Record: 6-0
W
69-63
Home (262)   FGCU
W
72-64
Home (332)   Army West Point
W
74-66
Neutral (206)   Louisville
W
89-76
Home (180)   Harvard
W
83-66
Home (257)   North Ala.
W
100-87
Home (253)   Kennesaw St.
Upcoming
Q1 Home (22)   Wisconsin 02/27/2024
Q1 Away (67)   Maryland 03/03/2024
Q2 Away (78)   Minnesota 03/06/2024
Q1 Home (24)   Michigan St. 03/10/2024

We still got OSU quad 1 baby thank goodness they fired Holtmann and they are rallying. 

I’m onboard with Oats, Pearl, any P5 coach.
My candidate choice is a proven P5 conference coach that’s a proven winner.  No risk for this hire and I think Dusty May, ISU’s coach and any one below a P5 would be a risk to me.  This is my opinion and we’ve already been burned by non P5 head coaches, yes you can include Davis in this group.  Yes it narrows our scope but that’s where the search should start and end, IMO
Couldn't agree more... this one has to be as risk free as possible.... granted there's no such thing as risk free

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I don’t feel the buy out is much of an issue. We have been there and done that. 
Firing one of our own is not going to ever be popular with everyone.

But the real problem is can we get a replacement that everyone one can jump on board with?

38 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

Damn, you guys are young, lol.  I was a college sophomore when we won the 1987 title.

Here, hold my Geritol... I graduated in 1977, a year after watching the last undefeated team in college basketball beat Michigan for the 1976 NCAA Championship...

4 minutes ago, Crazy about IU said:

But the real problem is can we get a replacement that everyone one can jump on board with?

There's only one coach who everyone would agree on, and he's already turned us down once and will likely never coach college basketball again. 

13 minutes ago, Crazy about IU said:

I don’t feel the buy out is much of an issue. We have been there and done that. 
Firing one of our own is not going to ever be popular with everyone.

The answer is no. You can never make everybody happy with one decision.

2 minutes ago, KNOBYDOX said:

The answer is no. You can never make everybody happy with one decision.

Exactly. I think Pearl and Oats would be absolute grand slam hires, but there are people that do not think so. No single prospect will make eveyone happy. Dolson can listen to fans when they refuse to buy tickets/concessions or make donations, but he absolutely should not take "fan consideration" into the hire (unless, of course that fan is me).