Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

He covers the Pacers now. Some of the sports writers around here have some of the worst takes. What is the risk? We don’t have any recruits except one who might be having second thoughts. The 25 class won’t come to play for Woodson. Everyone is booing at games. But yeah too risky to move on.
They just seem to want to kiss butt some of these writers. I'd say there is far more risk in keeping

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

IMG_6135.thumb.jpeg.564d08029efd2f66326b2eab4a03a2bf.jpeg

Admitting this out loud and just now figuring this out is one of craziest things I’ve seen.

Sadly clueless. He probably legitimately thought his ways were better and wanted to outsize teams. I mean if you have TJD or Edey IT GOES A LONG WAY, but the guy clearly doesn’t understand analytics or the momentum swings of hitting 3 point shots. By not emphasizing 3 point shooting he sank his time here at Indiana.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Both Cupp’s and Galloway’s Dads are/were successful state championship winning high school coaches, they aren’t dumb.  If we see it, they certainly see it.  Plus whatever inside info they are getting in addition to what we see.  I mean if I’m their Dad I’m saying, it’s your call son but if you want my opinion….

This is so true. It’s got to be infuriating to them. Our lack of ball movement and player movement sucks so bad.

But Cupps has been given far more time than he’s earned. That’ll end up helping him in the long run if it’s not at Indiana.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Some of this is getting over-hyped - jmo. The players are all frustrated for obvious reasons, their parents too. That said I’m a bit skeptical it’s at this level of threatened departures. If it is, I’ll start thinking a change is at least possible this spring/summer. I continue to doubt it, but watching how much of this is overblown or not for sure

9 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Woody followed up that having the ball go through the net rather than being fetched out of the peach basket in between scores has messed up his defense schemes

Really? That should give him plenty of time to get the defense set. 

43 minutes ago, FortWayneHoosier said:

IMG_6135.jpeg

Guess he's forgotten the past 25 years as a HC/assistant in the NBA. Did he have his eyes closed when his teams played Golden State -- and Steph Curry would take two steps across the half-court line and launch 3s? And when that same Steph Curry won two MVPs by pretty much shooting nothing but 3-pointers. And how post play in the NBA has been deemphasized over the past several years? 

Wonder if he realizes nobody runs the wishbone anymore in football?

8 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

If Cupps and Sparks are really thinking about leaving it is sooo much worse than a lot of people imagine

Sparks, too? I had heard Galloway and then Cupps... not a good sign for Woodson.