Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

7 hours ago, Chris007 said:

The problem is that most people will still renew their season tickets because they don't want to lose them when we do finally get a new coach. But they will stop going to the games so other things will drop like concessions.

Also, I think our NIL will go down so that will hurt also. 

People will renew their tickets, but they can still donate less. I am far from a big-time donor, but I got football tickets this year and increased my varsity club donation level just to improve my bball seats. Probably won't do either for next year if Woodson returns. And like you said, NIL will also take a hit.

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Is Mgbako going to win Freshman of the Year? Is the Big Ten freshman class that bad? Woody will probably just to say how good of a coach he is for making a top 10 recruit into freshman of the year.

No.   Owen Freeman should have it wrapped up 

Well I guess he isn't getting fired today. Probably go to sleep to get ready for tomorrow night's game. After this west virginia k st game. Should check it out if you aren't watching

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Really really tone deaf.

Be self-aware enough not to say stupidshit 

Really remarkable how much more quickly this has gotten bad due to totally unforced errors that aren’t really connected to things happening on the court.

Crean, as one example, rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, could bristle in pressers, and was prone to coach-speak. But he mostly avoided the rake-stepping Woody’s done this year.

And the pace is accelerating. It’s no reason to fire a coach, but at the margin it sure makes it easier.

1 hour ago, southsidehoosier said:

Woodson also said the game has  changed with a lot glass backboards.

Glass backboards originated at Indiana University btw.  We're still #1 in some things!

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

Glass backboards originated at Indiana University btw.  We're still #1 in some things!

Did he also say they used to use peach baskets when he first started playing?

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

He covers the Pacers now. Some of the sports writers around here have some of the worst takes. What is the risk? We don’t have any recruits except one who might be having second thoughts. The 25 class won’t come to play for Woodson. Everyone is booing at games. But yeah too risky to move on.

They are spouting some BS that future coaches will be scared off because IU will run them off if they aren’t successful by year three.  Of course the miss the part where the fired coach walks away with millions.  

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Poor ISP posted info on Peegs and is taking a beating for it. Most people don’t believe him. He should have just stayed with us over here. We don’t bash people who bring us info whether it turns out true or not.

Unless your name is Jeff Rabjohns, people won’t believe you. I don’t get why people even try. 

3 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

They are spouting some BS that future coaches will be scared off because IU will run them off if they aren’t successful by year three.  Of course the miss the part where the fired coach walks away with millions.  

Weeding out coaches who don’t think they can win, and therefore have no plan to, by year 3 is a good thing.