Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Dear Most Trustworthy Ally, I am the very royal twice-removed cousin of an affluent Nigerian prince. I write to you laden with the heavy burden of multiple inheritances that are stuck in cold storage within the African continent. However, this particular plea does not concern the gold mines or oil wells I own, but the landscape of Indiana. Yes, bewildering as it may sound, as a Nigerian prince's twice-removed cousin is indeed concerned with American college basketball.

Indeed, I speak of the legendary Indiana Hoosiers and their leader, Mike Woodson. I bring with me a tale of missed shots, lost rebounds, lost recruits, and championships that live only in our daydreams. Here's the proposition: We jointly, with our unified superior intellect and a common love for Indiana basketball, rally to gather the modest sum of $12 million dollars (mine is stuck in cold storage unfortunately) and, brace yourself, buy out Mike Woodson's contract! A bargain in comparison to golden inheritances and diamond-studded tiaras which I will return twofold if each of you send me your ATM PIN numbers to achieve this goal

Ridiculous, you may scoff and rightfully so. Quite like the probability of a Nigerian prince reaching out to you via this board for aid. If I simply had your commitments (and ATM PIN numbers), we make history. Perhaps then, we'll finally steer the Hoosiers to the championship dreamlands.  I am only humbly seeking your commitment towards one of the greatest plots in the history of college basketball. The glory days are within our grasp, only a Nigerian prince-sized miracle away. We're only $12,000,000 from the glory land.

Just lightening the mood - Nigerian Prince IU-DL

Just now, Hornsby said:

It's called living in reality. In there was any positives going forward we would be thrilled. But there are none with woodson.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I don't disagree.

But if you're going to post frequently, always saying the same things, and poking fun at others who are just finding the slightest sliver of anything but doom and gloom... it's not really adding much to the conversation. You could just say your piece and move on. Most people around here anyway will likely agree with you, lately when it comes to IUBB, I certainly do.

It's not "sunshine pumping" to think/hope that .... not everything is always going to be terrible all the time. Unclench brother. 

17 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Somebody posted that mm and lm were going to be the best outside combo in the country. We were getting back to the summer narratives where every iu player is a flat out stud. But soon some will say we are actually better off without Liam. Give it a few days and you will start reading that.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Few days?

18 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

I'm surprised nobody has even asked a very simple, safely worded softball question. 

I am surprised, to an extent, that Scott Dolson appears happy to hide away and be invisible. Personally I give him until about 6pm ET today until he speaks up in some form or another... otherwise appears to me his tenure is dead in the water, likely resigning in a few months 

Imo Dolson is waiting to see what happens in these next two games.  Two losses and some portal entries may move him to act.  

Sooooo...Woodson doesn't have to answer to anybody regarding recruiting?

I am sure that he didn't say that to Buckner or Dolson.

What in the world do you think he told these guys about his optimistic plan?

(OR)

Did a conversation even happen between Buckner and Woodson?  Did he squash it and not even bother?

4 minutes ago, Sardinefarts1991 said:

I can't believe we have a coach who won't answer media questions and doesn't even wanna go out and recruit.  He doesn't even wanna do the job.  This is BS

Woody could not try to do a much worse job managing the optics of this all in the press. 

Makes me actually wonder how much he really does understand/is aware of everything ... or if he just knows he's teflon. 

John Gotti GIF - John Gotti GIFs

I hope that Dolson is going to current players and getting a feel of what’s going on. I’m sure he has heard the rumors of a mass exodus from our current roster. Can we still fire Mike Woodson after stating he will be back? If rumors are true and McNeely isn’t coming, then why not move from Woody now before next year is even worse? Just an my opinion, it seems awfully strange that Liam decomitts the day after Mike Woodson is retained. It almost seems like he was waiting around to see if we hired a new coach before announcing he was leaving us. 

On 3/6/2024 at 9:05 PM, Cd71 said:

Man, this is probably the lowest of lows I have felt about IU basketball, something I have loved and followed since the 70’s.  I just don’t know anymore.  I don’t think IU will ever return to what it once was.  

I knew with these guys it could get lower.  I’m so stupid.  

1 hour ago, ib4iu said:

We couldn’t get players like Chris Ledlum last year. It’s going to be bad. And while I think there will still be a lot in the portal, the overall pool should be lower with the Covid year gone. 

We wanted a guy like Chris Ledlum last year. That doesn't bode well for the type of player he's looking for.