Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Attention PhD candidates...need a thesis topic or a gold medal case study in failed leadership, organizational management disasters, or how to ruin a good organization through malignant ineptitude? Take a look at Indiana University's senior leadership failures and fiascos.

(sorry its come to this, and I'm a two-time alum, but Good Lord our administration looks fatally and crippingly incompetent, again. Or is it "still"?) 

We couldn’t get players like Chris Ledlum last year. It’s going to be bad. And while I think there will still be a lot in the portal, the overall pool should be lower with the Covid year gone. 
There just aren't that many real difference makers on the portal outside of the yop 25 guys. And Woodson needs 4 or 5 difference makers.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

We need to step it up fellas. Trilly’s IU discord has been going crazy for a few hours now, making us look apathetic and Mike Woodson-ish. More posts! More speculation! More anger! @Scotty R send more emails to Dolson

Crap I went to the legion for the first time in 2 days to watch ISU . No balley and I'm so far behind with you guys . I'm out of likes and lost . Have we fired him yet .

8 minutes ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

So is the plan next year to grab all Indiana State players from the portal when Schertz leaves for bigger payday?  All 5 starters can hit 3’s

There's the the problem, they hit outside shots. College game is inside out, just ask Mike Woodson.

4 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

Let's face it, this utter fire storm would have been briefly avoided if the press release would have been held off until seasons end. I would have felt better if it said,....."At this time, Coach Mike Woodson will be returning next year."

There wasn't a press release.  

Woody can't discuss recruiting because he has no clue what is even going on with recruiting. I am shocked at how clueless he is a coach and even more dumfounded that the IU Administration, Dolson and the BoT don't or want to see it. I don't care that Archie got 4 years (he should have only had 3) no way in hell does Woody deserve nor should get a 4th year.

Let's face it, this utter fire storm would have been briefly avoided if the press release would have been held off until seasons end. I would have felt better if it said,....."At this time, Coach Mike Woodson will be returning next year."
The timing could not have been worse but that's iu for you.

I am holding out like 1% hope that the following scenario plays out: 

-Anthony Leal goes through Senior Day and announces he is done playing. 

-IU loses on Thursday of the Big Ten Tournament

-Mgbako announces he's exploring his professional options

-The transfer portal opens on March 18 and Trey Galloway, Malik Reneau, Gabe Cupps, Gunn and Banks all announce they are leaving.

-That leaves IU with a remaining roster of Jakai Newton who may never play and Payton Sparks who...tries.

Would that scenario force Mike Woodson to look around and come to a realization that he's doomed? Would it force the Simon family to realize there is no hope for 2024-2025 to be anything other than ugly? Would that force to Scott Dolson to actually take a stand publicly? I know the answer is most likely no so I'm hoping things don't implode because it wouldn't accomplish anything anyway but who knows? Maybe that changes things?

8 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

We need to step it up fellas. Trilly’s IU discord has been going crazy for a few hours now, making us look apathetic and Mike Woodson-ish. More posts! More speculation! More anger! @Scotty R send more emails to Dolson

It's the acceptance stage of grief. Woodson stays because his friends demand it, consequences for the program be damned.

Woody can't discuss recruiting because he has no clue what is even going on with recruiting. I am shocked at how clueless he is a coach and even more dumfounded that the IU Administration, Dolson and the BoT don't or want to see it. I don't care that Archie got 4 years (he should have only had 3) no way in hell does Woody deserve nor should get a 4th year.
That's exactly what Jim Coyle said today.

1 minute ago, HoosierHuddle said:

-The transfer portal opens on March 18 and Trey Galloway, Malik Reneau, Gabe Cupps, Gunn and Banks all announce they are leaving.

-That leaves IU with a remaining roster of Jakai Newton who may never play and Payton Sparks who...tries.

Would that scenario force Mike Woodson to look around and come to a realization that he's doomed? Would it force the Simon family to realize there is no hope for 2024-2025 to be anything other than ugly? Would that force to Scott Dolson to actually take a stand publicly? I know the answer is most likely no so I'm hoping things don't implode because it wouldn't accomplish anything anyway but who knows? Maybe that changes things?

In reality, it should never come to that, but it will come to that and sadly, I do not think it will make a difference. Woody still thinks he an Elite coach and he is doing good. If they stuff that was going on even before Liam didnt make everyone see the writing on the wall, nothing will. 

4 minutes ago, HoosierHuddle said:

Woodson's ego allow that realization?

image.png.c28841f022bac9f41eacb911c792f7e3.png

Best laugh I've had in a while. Please tell another.

6 minutes ago, Muskie for three said:

Crap I went to the legion for the first time in 2 days to watch ISU . No balley and I'm so far behind with you guys . I'm out of likes and lost . Have we fired him yet .

I thought it was on ESPN +

2 minutes ago, Ya Boy AD Scotty D said:

The final chapter remains unwritten. All that can be said for now (apologies for that). 

Things may, or may not, change.

Nothing is certain but death, taxes, and IU not being able to get out of its own fu*king freakin' way. 

-Ya Boy AD Scotty D

Pull out your inner Trump and fire some people Scott. Damn I want you fired for not firing him