Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

4 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

I get the consternation from Buckner's POV, but my question was more about why would Pearl walk in to that land mine?

I’ve questioned that too!  Maybe because of this:  “It’s Indiana!”  

7 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

"No one bigger than the program ever again"

Good quote. Someone needs to tell QB that applies to him as well. He'll never win us another game. Bruce Pearl would.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, OldBuddy67 said:

That naive, arrogant, stupid??? All of the above??? Wins and losses aside, those KenPom and NET ratings are all one needs to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It mainly arrogance and lack of caring about the outside noise.  Woodson is comfortable in who he is which is a great trait to have, but he is completely oblivious to what is being said on social media and these boards.

Edited by hoosiersoxfan

1 hour ago, JF87 said:

Probably throw in that Bob Knight would roll over in his grave if IU hired someone with Pearl's issues.   

Let him roll then. With the number of behavioral instances that Knight got involved in, I think there is little room for criticism of others. In fact, I think part of the problem we are having now is that Quinn and Woody are simply carrying on his attitude of being untouchable regardless of what they do. And yes, I do know how unpopular that line of thought is. But it is what I believe, so there it is.

5 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Good quote. Someone needs to tell QB that applies to him as well. He'll never win us another game. Bruce Pearl would.

Doubt he really cares... as long as he holds power somewhere at/over the university.

2 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Let him roll then. With the number of behavioral instances that Knight got involved in, I think there is little room for criticism of others. In fact, I think part of the problem we are having now is that Quinn and Woody are simply carrying on his attitude of being untouchable regardless of what they do. And yes, I do know how unpopular that line of thought is. But it is what I believe, so there it is.

I keep reading the problem(s) with Buckner, and I'm curious: Has QB actually made any statements, or is it all an assumption that he's protecting Woody? That said, I think they're bros for life & he is most definitley protecting him; I just don't recall seeing it in writing. Could be wrong.

6 minutes ago, hoosiersoxfan said:

It mainly arrogance and lack of caring about the outside noise.  Woodson is comfortable in who he is which is a great trait to have, but he is completely oblivious to what is being said on social media and these boards.

And he appears to be completely oblivious to the reality of the shortcomings in his coaching abilities.

1 minute ago, iu-dl said:

I keep reading the problem(s) with Buckner, and I'm curious: Has QB actually made any statements, or is it all an assumption that he's protecting Woody? That said, I think they're bros for life & he is most definitley protecting him; I just don't recall seeing it in writing. Could be wrong.

Not in writing that I've seen... but based on the things that @Chris007 has said, and the way the BoT seems to be circling the wagons, it appears to very much be fact.

7 minutes ago, Shooter said:

Not exactly that, but I did hear something interesting about May. Dusty May has apparently begun recruiting Braylon Mullins.

I assume that Mullins is unlikely to go to FAU.. so to me, this suggests that May thinks he'll be coaching at a bigger school in the Midwest next year. IU is not the only school looking of course.

Just now, Henryville Hoosier said:

I would think it would be hard to get new assistant coaches if your a lame duck coach.

Not really, Woody has a lot of good friends that would love a highly paid job for a year.  It's not like he makes his assistants work the recruiting trail that hard.

14 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

There is no way that IU is going to hire a new basketball coach without BoT approval. The overall dollar values are too large, and the role is too central to the university.

Dolson has to work through the BoT, not around it.

But what BoT approval means is up for debate.