Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, Scotty R said:

He was talking about this with Micheal Lewis today and both said IU needs to get their swagger back. We need to get back to be better than just another program 

I don't disagree... but at this point with who we are and who our coach is and the product that he is delivering, "swagger" might just be a bit premature... give me Pearl and we can swagger with the best of them.

DD was ripping IU fans for creating this petition. He said IU fans should be above things like this but we are no better than teams like Memphis. He said IU needs to get back to being above stuff like this. We need get back to where IU was cocky and we knew we were better than other programs. We need to stop bowing down to recruits and tell them if you want to come to IU we have a spot but you only have a short time to commit.
Can't say I disagree all that much

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Yeah, well, DD is on the same level of arrogance, ego and self-importance as one Michael Dean Woodson, IMO.

I have listened to DD for a decade, some disagreement in what he says but not always. What pisses me off is how he **** on IU admin, players, and coaches for a decade then turned around this week and said IU fans are stupid because they’re dissing IU Admin and Coach. Dont know him personally but from outside looking in he is an angry old man who hates everyone and everything depending on the day. Nobody is more self-righteous 

I have listened to DD for a decade, some disagreement in what he says but not always. What pisses me off is how he **** on IU admin, players, and coaches for a decade then turned around this week and said IU fans are stupid because they’re dissing IU Admin and Coach. Dont know him personally but from outside looking in he is an angry old man who hates everyone and everything depending on the day. Nobody is more self-righteous 

Not sure if he’s an angry old man or not… but his shtick is all about generating clicks. Flip-flop is all part of the act, as is virtually everything he does.

16 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

DD was ripping IU fans for creating this petition. He said IU fans should be above things like this but we are no better than teams like Memphis. He said IU needs to get back to being above stuff like this. We need get back to where IU was cocky and we knew we were better than other programs. We need to stop bowing down to recruits and tell them if you want to come to IU we have a spot but you only have a short time to commit.

DD shouldn't tell anyone, ever, that they are above any antics.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

Can't say I disagree all that much

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

He said under RMK they went into every game thinking they were going to kick everyone's @$$. He said they didn't always win but it is the kind of attitude you need to go into every game

Isn't that essentially what the petition is trying to do???

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

The change.org petition is at 505 signatures now... and the "Fire Woodson" thread is 481 pages...

If you would take the multiple posts from any given poster, who says the same thing over and over, and condense those into one post, there would only be about 20-25 pages.

33 minutes ago, Feathery said:

So Buckner is appointed to his role on the BoT by the Governor. Then he can be removed by the Governor. If ppl feel inclined, call their state reps and start applying pressure to have QB recuse himself from any discussions that pertain to Mike Woodson. 

You expect this governor to listen? I don't.

32 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Yeah, well, DD is a moron so.....

4 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Yeah, well, DD is a moron so.....

According to him he has invested 16 years of his life to IU so he has the right to be critical when needed.

2 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

According to him he has invested 16 years of his life to IU so he has the right to be critical when needed.

He's made his whole schtick bashing everything Indiana basketball.  For him to say Indiana fans to be above it is laugh out loud funny.  

2 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I quit listening to him years ago. Frankly, I'm surprised he still has a gig. I know 1070 The Fan fired him, and before that ESPN fired him. He must be broadcasting from a short-wave radio in his basement of something.