Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

That's my point. He did what he was told. I see over and over again on the board about how arrogant he is and never takes responsibility for these outcomes. If that holds true and he truly feels he holds all the cards, he's going to continue saying what he really wants to say to the media. Today, he possibly said what someone else wanted (or instructed) him to say. It's that, or he was truly showing some humility. Either way that feels like the behavior shift of someone who's tushy is beginning to feel really, really warm and he needs to do something to cool it down.

Just listened to kent Sterling blast Woodson. It was all true. Somebody got to leary though.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Herotime said:

Can someone help me understand why Todd Leary is on with Jim Coyle pointing out all of the team’s OBVIOUS insufficiencies but following his criticism by saying “CMW isn’t going anywhere and I don’t  want a new coach bc there’s no home run hire out there and I don’t want to start over.”

He on the payroll? Help me understand.

The belief is that someone has reached out to former players and some of the YouTube personalities and asked they cut coach Woodson some slack.  Assembly Call postgame after Penn State didn't want to discuss the macro issues of the program, instead focusing on the issues within the game.  If you want access, you have to sometimes play ball with those in charge. 

17 minutes ago, JF87 said:

The belief is that someone has reached out to former players and some of the YouTube personalities and asked they cut coach Woodson some slack.  Assembly Call postgame after Penn State didn't want to discuss the macro issues of the program, instead focusing on the issues within the game.  If you want access, you have to sometimes play ball with those in charge. 

There is nothing else to talk about this year.  The macro issues are all that matters.  We could win every single regular season game left and maybe make the NIT but, 1. Who cares and 2. That appears to be extremely unlikely anyway.

I have the suspicion we are getting Woodson again and if/when it gets ugly next year the fans are going to catch the blame.  "Just too much negativity around the program..."  They have turned this program into a .500ish Big Ten team.  Eventually the fanbase is going to catch on and the support is going to start to equal what that means for all the other programs that occupy that same territory.

Fun -- or not-so-fun -- fact : We've lost nine in a row to PSU, Northwestern and Nebraska. 

These are supposed to be the conference bottom feeders. 

I think we're trying really hard to take over that status. 

Unfortunately we are now a bottom feeder

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

There is nothing else to talk about this year.  The macro issues are all that matters.  We could win every single regular season game left and maybe make the NIT but, 1. Who cares and 2. That appears to be extremely unlikely anyway.

I have the suspicion we are getting Woodson again and if/when it gets ugly next year the fans are going to catch the blame.  "Just too much negativity around the program..."  They have turned this program into a .500ish Big Ten team.  Eventually the fanbase is going to catch on and the support is going to start to equal what that means for all the other programs that occupy that same territory.

Thank god we are a football school now.  Go Cig. :)

The silence is somewhat deafening…..

Over the years, on occasion, players have spoke out about how hard the coaches have helped prepare them in various areas of their game. Also, during difficult times those same players have placed blame on themselves for poor play and not delivering……

Something is obviously broken. What I can’t understand is every one of these players were obviously labeled D1 caliber players because of their HS careers. With that being said, all these players were prolific or at least good, in specific areas of the game. 
I know the college game is much more challenging than HS, but how can some of these players become such non factors as sophomores, juniors and even seniors? 

My biggest question of all is, why can’t our players score baskets and hit free throws in the game? 
Are the players not putting in extra work in the gym before or after practice, if not why not?

Are they not motivated, if not why?

I will end with this….we all know that if players totally believe in the coaches and the coaches totally believe in the players then there is usually cohesion, growth and success. Where is any of that with this team?

JMO 

Go IU

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I'm pretty sure that script and its accompanying talking points has already been written... it's just a matter of time before we see it in print.

5 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

The silence is somewhat deafening…..

Over the years, on occasion, players have spoke out about how hard the coaches have helped prepare them in various areas of their game. Also, during difficult times those same players have placed blame on themselves for poor play and not delivering……

Something is obviously broken. What I can’t understand is every one of these players were obviously labeled D1 caliber players because of their HS careers. With that being said, all these players were prolific or at least good, in specific areas of the game. 
I know the college game is much more challenging than HS, but how can some of these players become such non factors as sophomores, juniors and even seniors? 

My biggest question of all is, why can’t our players score baskets and hit free throws in the game? 
Are the players not putting in extra work in the gym before or after practice, if not why not?

Are they not motivated, if not why?

I will end with this….we all know that if players totally believe in the coaches and the coaches totally believe in the players then there is usually cohesion, growth and success. Where is any of that with this team. JMO 

Go IU

I have heard rumors that some guys, how shall we say, are more concerned with their social lives.  

9 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

Todd wants to use his new shot doctor business to help the players. I guess they haven’t asked for his help. I believe he would be back to telling it how it is if he wasn’t wanting to get in with the team and help out (get paid). I think Todd would be more harsh like years past if he wasn’t promoting his business.

Todd is on DD show every week and he pretty much rips the basketball program.

Just now, Golfman25 said:

I have heard rumors that some guys, how shall we say, are more concerned with their social lives.  

If true,…..

…that most likely is the kiss of death from NIL folks.

5 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

That is what Kent Sterling and DD has said but who knows if that is true or not.

25 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

From the effort they play with, it seems they care more about literally anything than they do basketball. 

1 hour ago, Golfman25 said:

You reap what you sow. The players see their coach smoking cigars and yucking it up after a beatdown and they emulate his behavior. He doesn’t give a $hit or work hard, why should they? Their leader doesn’t cast a shadow, he casts a cloud of cigar smoke and bull$hit. The standard you ignore is the standard you set, and the standard that has been set is to party after an L and blame someone else.

Another year of Woodson incoming. Quinn is the gift that keeps on giving. But hey we had Dusty banners and old you tube videos.

Next year

17-15. Progress.

5 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Another year of Woodson incoming. Quinn is the gift that keeps on giving. But hey we had Dusty banners and old you tube videos.

Next year

17-15. Progress.

Lovely day outside. Might want to go touch grass before the snow comes back.