Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

3 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

it's not the debate that's annoying, it's the back handed insults.  Stuhoo argues but he does so in good faith.

I didn’t realize that saying needing better guards was such a highly debated topic. Forgive me.

These burner accounts really are the absolute worst. IU, winning the offseason once again! 
Woodson barely has anything to do with IU *potentially* landing these portal players anyway. They’re coming here because IU will pay them the most, which is happening because Woodson’s buddies gave more NIL money. He probably doesn’t even remember the players’ names. 
Feels like half the twitter burner posts all refer to wookson cooking. They all seem very similar

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Banksyrules said:

For the first time in 40 years we actually have good management that won't fall for that trick. Cmon guys you all secretly want  OG Anunoby to get his well deserved ring.... 

Lifelong Pacers fan here. I don’t care if the entire 2013 Indiana Hoosiers roster played for the Knicks….. I’d have to root for them to lose. 

5 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Yes for sure. Quinn would send his buddy to retirement for Brad.

Ok. I understand the focus of this thread is on firing Woodson, but if I’m following correctly, Chris has been dropping some bombs in here that haven’t gotten much discussion. And these are new things I have not heard before.

What I think I saw was:
- There’s a possible to real chance that Brad Stevens could return to college coaching, perhaps at IU

- He may have told Indiana to “keep in touch with me, and I’ll let you know if the time is right”.

- Success by the Celtics could help this along, perhaps soon.

- Even though Woodson has Buckner’s (and boosters) strong support, if Stevens wanted to come, we would make that move.

Did I glean or interpret that right? If that’s correct, that seems huge!

3 hours ago, AH1971 said:

I think it’s entirely possible to not be happy with how last year went while also acknowledging he’s going to be the coach next season. And rather than dwell and be a miserable person for the next 11 months, actually have articulate dialogue on how things can improve instead of  just “It’S MiKE WOoDSoN……DErrrrrrr”

The best indicator of future performance is past, relevant performance. In 3 years with what ever talent Woodson "recruited" or inherited, he made the play-in game once and got blown out in the round of 64, and then won the round of 64 and got wasted in the round of 32. And then he didn't make the tournament at all this past season. Show me where the "shock and awe" are. 

I hope he gets talent. And then I hope he figures out what to do with it. Just remember, it's one thing to buy a team with the checkbooks of billionaires. It's quite another to coach said team to anything beyond mediocrity. It's Mike Woodson.

4 hours ago, AH1971 said:

Which is why significantly upgrading the back court is imperative lol. What do you think he’s doing right now?

Are you saying that if someone buys Woodson an upgraded back court" he will be able to coach that team to some sort of success?

What is he doing now? I don't know... golfing? smoking a stogie? drinking wine? He hasn't signed a single portal player yet, and wouldn't even be in consideration for any without the Cooks and Simons money. 

1 minute ago, Muskie for three said:

Probably not right thread . Also most likely been asked and answered . But do walk ons receive nil from the collective or whatever you call it . 

They can. Michigan football paid a lot of NIL to have an extra 20 players on the roster above the scholarship limit so kids had free tuition and play football. 

1 minute ago, Muskie for three said:

Probably not right thread . Also most likely been asked and answered . But do walk ons receive nil from the collective or whatever you call it . 

Walk-ons can receive NIL. There just isn't much reason for it. NIL is simply paying for one's name, image or likeness. Any collective or business or individual can offer money to a walk-on to appear at an event, to promote something on his social media account or to hang his picture on a wall in a living room. They typically don't get much money--if any--because it makes more sense to pay the athletes who make a difference in winning or losing. 

7 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Are you saying that if someone buys Woodson an upgraded back court" he will be able to coach that team to some sort of success?

What is he doing now? I don't know... golfing? smoking a stogie? drinking wine? He hasn't signed a single portal player yet, and wouldn't even be in consideration for any without the Cooks and Simons money. 

To date, 7 of the top 30 players in the portal have signed to new schools.  

Players don't face a firm deadline on when they must commit. Additionally, graduate transfers and players impacted by coaching changes that occur after May 1 will be able to transfer after the deadline. Players who have also entered the NBA Draft will have until 11:59 p.m. Eastern on May 29 to withdraw if they wish to return to college for the 2024-25 season.

I speculate that if I was in the portal, and in the top 30, I would be looking around for a good fit.  No hurry at this juncture. 

A month from now I might just buy season tickets to the IU women's basketball.  Or UD...or Wright State...  definitely not OSU.  

Actually, looking forward to live bands outside in warm weather and fresh air.

12 hours ago, AH1971 said:

The one year IU had a single good guard they were a top 30 offense.

But yeah, Mike Woodson.

Man, if only Mike Woodson would have had the ability to change that the past three years.  Glad that his luck finally changed miraculously after a bunch of people started screaming about firing him for being lazy, not doing his job, and running an awful system.  

This seems to come out of nowhere. 

Seth Davis, who seems to be somewhat well respected, had an interesting take -- seemingly revisiting the Brad Stevens to IU narrative. 

I don't want people to get all jacked up about the Masshole all over again, but this certainly was odd. Maybe he was joking? I don't know what led to this speculation. Davis says "Perhaps if there's a big job open in his native state next year ..."

Well, there WAS a big job open in 2021, and Stevens wasn't interested. Why would next year be any different? 

I just simply cannot imagine why the President of Basketball Operations of the NBA's most storied franchise, with the league's best record this year, would return to college and deal with coaching, recruiting and the NIL and portal messes. 

Maybe he's just trolling us? LOL! 

https://x.com/SethDavisHoops/status/1778858724360433687

36 minutes ago, IH8PU said:

Over a nice hot cup of coffee with the sun rising behind the trees shining into my computer room window, reading threads from my last stop on Friday night .... my ignore list increased by one this morning.

Guess who?  

Dan Dakich?

Seth Davis?

Mike Woodson?

Edgar Allan Poe?

Stephen Bardo?

Class of '66 Old Fart?