Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

8 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

The one year IU had a single good guard they were a top 30 offense.

But yeah, Mike Woodson.

And TJD lol common dude. I’m not trying to shade JHS at all. But TJD in college would have dragged multiple teams to 20 wins. If you wanna give Woody credit for Trayce getting better at basketball, okay, but insert even a second team all conference player at the 5 and we don’t sniff the tournament. 

Just now, IU Prof said:

Why'd it take him 3 years to figure that out?

Bet substantially on Xavier Johnson and it blew up in his face. Rice and Carlyle are no joke and only going to get better if their freshman years were any indication.

5 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

And TJD lol common dude. I’m not trying to shade JHS at all. But TJD in college would have dragged multiple teams to 20 wins. If you wanna give Woody credit for Trayce getting better at basketball, okay, but insert even a second team all conference player at the 5 and we don’t sniff the tournament. 

Would say the exact same thing about JHS. We had essentially the same team the year prior and needed a Herculean run to Saturday of the BTT finals to limp in as a play-in team. Works both ways.

12 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Would say the exact same thing about JHS. We had essentially the same team the year prior and needed a Herculean run to Saturday of the BTT finals to limp in as a play-in team. Works both ways.

I’m going to nominate you to give the speech when he gets inducted into the Hall of Fame. Sounds like his offensive mind is untouchable.

Just now, Chris007 said:

I’m going to nominate you to give the speech when he gets inducted into the Hall of Fame. Sounds like his offensive mind is untouchable.

Appreciate it, but if you don’t understand the importance of guard play I’m not sure it’s even worthwhile to have this discussion. The one year in Woodson’s tenure where IU had a high functioning offense came in a year where IU had an elite guard. He’s had an elite front court every year.

But to insinuate that adding Rice and Carlyle isn’t anything but vastly upgrading the back court from any of the 3 previous seasons, well yeah it’s not worthwhile to continue any discourse.

Back to the mob mentality you go.

2 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Appreciate it, but if you don’t understand the importance of guard play I’m not sure it’s even worthwhile to have this discussion. The one year in Woodson’s tenure where IU had a high functioning offense came in a year where IU had an elite guard. He’s had an elite front court every year.

But to insinuate that adding Rice and Carlyle isn’t anything but vastly upgrading the back court from any of the 3 previous seasons, well yeah it’s not worthwhile to continue any discourse.

Back to the mob mentality you go.

Bruh. We needed guards and shooting last year. Everyone knew it. It wasn’t a secret. We were all on board. Kinect, Timberlake, Ledlum, transition: boogie, literally any guard we recruited. They’ve all said no. Do you understand that Rajon Rondo doesn’t exist anymore? PGs are not interested in scoring zero points and having 15 assists. The NBA doesn’t pay guys who can’t score and only generate assists. Every player’s goal is an NBA contract and that requires scoring. If the offense runs primarily through dudes that are super tall, that lowers your chance at NBA money. We’ve missed on every guard we’ve recruited for two years, and if you think JHS is a lottery pick without TJD I’ve got ocean front property to sell in Arizona. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

See this is where I have a problem. You’re over in the Fire Mike Woodson thread trying to convince every person how great we’re going to be. We are going to have to see it. I don’t care if you think you know more about offense than John Wooden. I don’t believe Mike Woodson had what it takes to win at a high level. Two kids who played in the PAC 10 transferring here isn’t changing my mind. I promise you I’ve been around this program a lot in the last 25 years. So you can tell me I don’t know basketball or I’m dumb but I’m not going to blindly follow our coach because we got a couple portal guys.

So the Fire Mike Woodson Thread is where all objectivity goes out the window?? Is that what you’re saying?

9 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Bruh. We needed guards and shooting last year. Everyone knew it. It wasn’t a secret. We were all on board. Kinect, Timberlake, Ledlum, transition: boogie, literally any guard we recruited. They’ve all said no. Do you understand that Rajon Rondo doesn’t exist anymore? PGs are not interested in scoring zero points and having 15 assists. The NBA doesn’t pay guys who can’t score and only generate assists. Every player’s goal is an NBA contract and that requires scoring. If the offense runs primarily through dudes that are super tall, that lowers your chance at NBA money. We’ve missed on every guard we’ve recruited for two years, and if you think JHS is a lottery pick without TJD I’ve got ocean front property to sell in Arizona. 

Lol

21 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Appreciate it, but if you don’t understand the importance of guard play I’m not sure it’s even worthwhile to have this discussion. The one year in Woodson’s tenure where IU had a high functioning offense came in a year where IU had an elite guard

1) good guard play is imperative

2) Woodson has had good guard play maybe 1 out of 3 years

Best case for firing Mike Woodson in 1,000 plus pages. 

6 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

So the Fire Mike Woodson Thread is where all objectivity goes out the window?? Is that what you’re saying?

You do you. It’s people like you who make me want to do something else for the weekend. Remember who told you we were even getting these guys. 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

It’s where people vent about there displeasure for the coach so that it doesn’t bleed into other threads.  While it’s impossible for that to happen this thread does the best job to limit it happening. You don’t have to agree with it or like however it’s not going anywhere.   If you don’t like what’s in here I suggest ignoring it.  

3EEA954B-FC59-42F9-B190-EB09FE0A9596.gif

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

It’s where people vent about there displeasure for the coach so that it doesn’t bleed into other threads.  While it’s impossible for that to happen this thread does the best job to limit it happening. You don’t have to agree with it or like however it’s not going anywhere.   If you don’t like what’s in here I suggest ignoring it.  

I have zero problem with people holding the opinion that Mike Woodson needs to be fired just like I have zero issue participating in a thread where my opinion is in the minority. Doesn’t bother me at. It’s not however going to stop me from being objective.

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

You do you. It’s people like you who make me want to do something else for the weekend. Remember who told you we were even getting these guys. 

“I don’t want to talk to you unless you share the same opinion as me”. The richest message board fodder of all-time.

Enjoy your weekend Chris.