Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

13 hours ago, Herotime said:

What the experts forget is we have gotten several VISITS from some of the best transfers in the portal! Heck, one even committed!!! That’s as good as wins in my book.

That coupled with everyone coming back (expect arguably our MOST productive player from last season) and Woody is fixin’ to turn up the heat in the kitchen!!! This year our problem was talent… not next year. Next season we are going to be rolling in west coast talent. Watch out B1G, Woody iscoming for you, and he’s ready for dinner!

9F560594-CDFC-438C-B162-8D0167ED6172.jpeg

YES!!! At least were not last. I'm guessing in about two seasons Diebler will be above Woodson

13 hours ago, Herotime said:

What the experts forget is we have gotten several VISITS from some of the best transfers in the portal! Heck, one even committed!!! That’s as good as wins in my book.

That coupled with everyone coming back (expect arguably our MOST productive player from last season) and Woody is fixin’ to turn up the heat in the kitchen!!! This year our problem was talent… not next year. Next season we are going to be rolling in west coast talent. Watch out B1G, Woody iscoming for you, and he’s ready for dinner!

9F560594-CDFC-438C-B162-8D0167ED6172.jpeg

Blueblood!!!!

I was even saying positive things the other night and that dude came after me like you wouldn't believe. Like since I thought Woody was terrible last season and should have been fired IMO I'm never allowed to root for IU again. I've seen it on here in the Indiana interest thread. You either follow blindly or you get ridiculed 
It is like they are on a mission to prove they are "true fans" and the rest of us are just haters. Thing is most people I know aren't even on twitter so their audience is very small.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Obviously they don’t know about all the cookin’ Woody’s billionaire buddies have been doing this spring. 

That doesn't have anything to do with the actual coaching sadly. 

New here, we fired him yet?

All kidding aside, I do hope we see meaningful changes this year so we can modify this to a Mike Woodson appreciation thread.

I sometimes say silly things.

YES!!! At least were not last. I'm guessing in about two seasons Diebler will be above Woodson
So you think ballo is a done deal? Is he canceling the rest of his visits?

13 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

So you think ballo is a done deal? Is he canceling the rest of his visits?

I think he will. I don't think the staff is going to let him take our 1.2 million offer and go shop that around. We did all of the negotiating before he got here. We took his biggest offer Ole Miss 1 million and gave him more. 

I think he will. I don't think the staff is going to let him take our 1.2 million offer and go shop that around. We did all of the negotiating before he got here. We took his biggest offer Ole Miss 1 million and gave him more. 
I wonder what these guys will be asking for in a few years 2 million. 3 million.

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I wonder what these guys will be asking for in a few years 2 million. 3 million.

If Trilly is to be believed we spent 3 million just on Rice, Carlyle and Ballo

I am still surprised he left Arizona I would have thought they would have alot of nil money.

Crazy. In 5 years sone will probably be making more than some nba guys. Nba 2.0 will be the ncaa. I guess Woodson should be happy he got that extra 2 million.

3 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

At some point there are going to have to be other models of profit share and contracts. Exactly what you are saying is why I don't think the current model is sustainable. Unlimited transfers, no collective bargaining, not caps on spending, etc. It is a pro model without the constraints of contracts and salary caps. I am all for players getting paper, but sooner than later in my opinion there are going to have to be rule changes. Step one is universities stopping with the farce of the student athlete and just call them employees with the rights of employees. 

At some point there are going to have to be other models of profit share and contracts. Exactly what you are saying is why I don't think the current model is sustainable. Unlimited transfers, no collective bargaining, not caps on spending, etc. It is a pro model without the constraints of contracts and salary caps. I am all for players getting paper, but sooner than later in my opinion there are going to have to be rule changes. Step one is universities stopping with the farce of the student athlete and just call them employees with the rights of employees. 

I meannl if this continues I don't honestly know how interested I would even be in watching college bbal down the road. I always liked it over the nba but if they become one in the same I may just tune it out. And like you said they are no longer student athletes

7 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

I’m not sure why the players would have any interest in being employees at this point.  They have far more rights than employees and make a lot more money than they likely would as employees.

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yowza.  So I guess we are way beyond playing for the name on the front instead of the name on back?  Now we're playing for Ben Franklin.  :)  

I know it's reality, but I think it takes something away from the game.  

And this is really only year 3 of the NIL. I cannot even imagine how out of control it will be three years from now

2 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

I’m not sure why the players would have any interest in being employees at this point.  They have far more rights than employees and make a lot more money than they likely would as employees.

Actually, not the majority of players.  Which is where the collective bargaining will come in.  The 10,000s of "teammates" will need to get more pie and will bargain for it.  The top dogs will be giving up something to have a team.   

1 minute ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

That is why I believe it is not sustainable. Eventually the money people are not going to keep pumping funds in and the current rate. That is just simple math, when that happens there will have to be a shift in where the money comes from and how it is distributed. IMO this will be some sort of profit share based on the TV contracts for football, and to a lesser extent, March Madness. Then again, maybe not, but I just do not see how the current large donation based system can sustain itself. I do not think the crowd sourced small donation model can support this going forward. Who knows,

Fire Mike Woodson

18 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I am still surprised he left Arizona I would have thought they would have alot of nil money.

They didn't try to talk him into staying so that told me something. 

5 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Mike Wooson isn't the worst coach in the conference (yet), Mike Woodson did his job.- Mike Woodson, probably