Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1) I’m a Dusty May fan, especially for IU.

2) No coaching hire is a guaranteed success.

3) There are fantastic hires every year, though sometimes it’s difficult to know which ones will be fantastic.

FINALLY, I’ll summarize with a phrase that is usually saved for recruiting and absolutely applies here: It’s not who you ‘don’t get;’ it’s who you get.

This whole thing (Woodson, Buckner, Dusty and Pearl) makes me sick. Literally nauseated. Buckner is such an @$$, willing to take down his own alma mater to keep his buddy in a job that he was never qualified to get. and he's destroying every last bit of his legacy and Woodson's. 

3 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

It'll be hilarious when Michigan comes to Assembly Hall next season and Dusty gets a bigger ovation than Woody...

You all still expecting CMW to be back next season?

35 minutes ago, RoncalliHoosier said:

This whole thing (Woodson, Buckner, Dusty and Pearl) makes me sick. Literally nauseated. Buckner is such an @$$, willing to take down his own alma mater to keep his buddy in a job that he was never qualified to get. and he's destroying every last bit of his legacy and Woodson's. 

Geez man. Why are you so incredibly sure that Quinn Buckner is so incredibly evil?

I have seen no credible evidence that Buckner is the Svengali behind all things wrong with Indiana basketball.

I’m fine missing on May, not sold on him being the answer. Wanting a more proven coach like Pearl. Problem is those coaches are few and far between. Next year is going to be interesting. Honestly feel the best outcome now is we land a quality portal class and have a good year next year. 

3 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

We got Mike Woodson

We're fooked.

But next year we could be in the Final Four, or Woodson could be lousy and we could be welcoming Shrewsbury to IU. It’s incredibly hard to know who is the “right” choice until years after that choice is made.

And in my opinion anyone that is so completely sure of someone being the only right choice, has a case of tunnel vision.

14 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Geez man. Why are you so incredibly sure that Quinn Buckner is so incredibly evil?

I have seen no credible evidence that Buckner is the Svengali behind all things Indiana basketball.

He's the one forcing Woodson, year 4 on Indiana despite the crap show that he was in year 3. Woodson can't coach, won't recruit, and we can't dump him because Woodson was butt hurt when we hired Archie. And Archie got 4 years, so we're stuck with a lazy, incompetent has-been for our coach.

And Woodson is going to try to buy his team with the Cook's and Simons' checkbooks.

I have seen no credible evidence that Buckner is the Svengali behind all things Indiana basketball.

Wasn’t it said that Quinn wouldn’t stand in the way of a decision to remove woody was to be made? Would he be against it, yes. But from what I’ve read, he wouldn’t block anything.

But still, screw him for making it rough and fire Woodson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, RoncalliHoosier said:

He's the one forcing Woodson, year 4 on Indiana despite the crap show that he was in year 3. Woodson can't coach, won't recruit, and we can't dump him because Woodson was butt hurt when we hired Archie. And Archie got 4 years, so we're stuck with a lazy, incompetent has-been for our coach.

And why are you so 100% sure that this is the case?

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

But next year we could be in the Final Four, or Woodson could be lousy and we could be welcoming Shrewsbury to IU. It’s incredibly hard to know who is the “right” choice until years after that choice is made.

And in my opinion anyone that is so completely sure of someone being the only right choice, has a case of tunnel vision.

Dusty may or may not be the right choice.  After underperforming with an All-American talent his first two years and multiple 4 and 5 stars this year, we know that Mike Woodson is not the right choice.