Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Our program needs to be rebuilt and Mike Woodson has shown that he's not the guy to rebuild it.  No high school recruits, no team identity, no culture, archaic offense, and slow to make adjustments.  No reason to give Woodson another year.  

But he’s getting it. So time to face it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Rabby reporting we are going to reject NIT bid. 

Mike Woodson saying that he is going to reject an NIT bid is like me saying that I am going to reject a date with Margot Robbie. Neither of us was going to get that invite to begin with.

Our program needs to be rebuilt and Mike Woodson has shown that he's not the guy to rebuild it.  No high school recruits, no team identity, no culture, archaic offense, and slow to make adjustments.  No reason to give Woodson another year.  
But the Scott's think he can buy a team of all stars.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

Mike Woodson saying that he is going to reject an NIT bid is like me saying that I am going to reject a date with Margot Robbie. Neither of us was going to get that invite to begin with.

Pretty sure we would get one. It’s in the tournament’s best interest for IU to play.

8 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

Pretty sure we would get one. It’s in the tournament’s best interest for IU to play.

Yeah, the three NIT bracketology sites I saw had IU in the NIT prior to the BTT.  And considering the number of teams that will reject the NIT this year as they have to play the portal game, there really wasn't Indiana wouldn't have been invited.  IU and Mississippi so far have said they will reject bids....there are going to be others.  

34 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

He looked like he wanted to treat the reporter like a Taco Bell drive thru worker for asking such a dumb question 

Well he had Mgbako in the presser with him. Mack has some Taco Bell experience.

2 hours ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Promise to get everyone the update I committed to last weekend in the next day or two. Wanted to let things shake out from the meeting Tuesday and see how the tourney games went. 

See how the tourney games went.  Hmmm…..

51 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

Yikes. This man is clueless.

Jesus.....this has to make all decision makers face palm. Right? Or are all of us the crazy one's? I don't even know anymore.

So when should we expect to officially know if Woodson will be the coach for another year or not? Monday? Tuesday?

If they do keep him, I don't think an unnamed source "leaking" that he'll be back is sufficient. The AD will need to at very least release a statement of support and confidence in Woodson. Too much noise around firing him to try to ignore it. 

So when should we expect to officially know if Woodson will be the coach for another year or not? Monday? Tuesday?
If they do keep him, I don't think an unnamed source "leaking" that he'll be back is sufficient. The AD will need to at very least release a statement of support and confidence in Woodson. Too much noise around firing him to try to ignore it. 

AD’s don’t have to release a statement saying “we are keeping said coach who is still under contract.” It’s been said he’s staying, he staying. Stop getting hopes up (like me) and putting yourself in this macaron.

1 minute ago, cleeter said:

Guys, i love this board and all yall that come along with it. But Woody is back. Face the music.

Certainly feels that way. Lame duck coach will only stall any rebuild while other programs advance. First time in a while I will not be looking forward to basketball season.