Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 hours ago, JF87 said:

The first of many Too Soon to Move On From Woodson articles.  

Indiana’s Cruel Optimism - The Crimson Quarry

Predictable, and as expected, a waste of space. 

I didn't read all of it, but my takeaway was that this is a tacit admission that Woodson's not the guy, but since firing our last two coaches didn't fix the program, we shouldn't risk trying that again, and stick with someone we know isn't the guy for one more year because...? 

It's comical how a segment of this fanbase is so scared at the idea of changing coaches. 

4 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Predictable, and as expected, a waste of space. 

I didn't read all of it, but my takeaway was that this is a tacit admission that Woodson's not the guy, but since firing our last two coaches didn't fix the program, we shouldn't risk trying that again, and stick with someone we know isn't the guy for one more year because...? 

It's comical how a segment of this fanbase is so scared at the idea of changing coaches. 

I agree that we can't be afraid of change because we just changed three years ago.  Woodson has us on the wrong path.  As IUGRAD06 said, "when you know, you know".  We know that Woodson isn't the guy, so waiting one more year when you know he isn't the guy makes no sense. If we have a donor willing to foot the bill, we need to move on.   

11 minutes ago, JF87 said:

I agree with everything, but with one caveat. I think it would be okay to let Woodson know what you think if you are in your seat at an IU game. Cheer or boo the head coach all you want.  

Sure, within the context of the game is (somewhat) reasonable as long as one can act like a grown adult. 

53 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

So some of the people making these arguments don't know what they are talking about.  Case in point:

Kravitz's initial argument is that Woodson should stay.  He then spends the rest of his time providing arguments and agreeing to arguments of why he should go.  Additionally, when Coyle talks about the "great 2025 Indiana recruiting class" and Kravitz gets confused and thinks that Indiana University already has a great 2025 recruiting class lined up and has to be corrected...well, a bunch of these blowhard know less about what is going on than us morons, so their opinions are worthless to me.

ETA:  The whole building a culture argument in the article also neglects the fact that our 66 year old coach wasn't going to be here long to begin with. He was brought in to build a bridge and a culture.  He has done neither.  He is on the verge of having to bring in 50%+ of next year's team from the portal.  Convincing high school kids that he is going to be around for 4 years to build that culture is going to become increasingly harder.  This was a stupid gamble to begin with and we are in the middle of crapping out.  

Here's the bridge Woodson built

image.thumb.png.df12c8258331919e4f018671e8aea0fe.png

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Criticize Woody's performance to your heart's desire but let's avoid bringing his family into the thread in negative tones.   And a reminder to avoid blatant name calling of Woody, players, other btb posters, etc.  I don't think we have a problem in that regard it's just a reminder.

image.gif.806730d5913e16496dd75e8b565832d3.gif

I agree that we can't be afraid of change because we just changed three years ago.  Woodson has us on the wrong path.  As IUGRAD06 said, "when you know, you know".  We know that Woodson isn't the guy, so waiting one more year when you know he isn't the guy makes no sense. If we have a donor willing to foot the bill, we need to move on.   
He isnt the guy but let's keep him anyway. Insanity.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Not defending Woodson at all if you had bothered to read my posts. Embarrassed by the incessant, unnecessary piling on.

Yes, since I work with HNW folks every day, I know exactly what it takes to be a successful executive. Pretty sure being on a basketball forum isn’t one of the traits that makes a person climb the corporate ladder.

Are you speaking in generalities about the fan base right now or this specific thread? If you are embarrassed by incessant piling on, a thread titled “Fire Mike Woodson” might not be the one to hang out in. 

49 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Not defending Woodson at all if you had bothered to read my posts. Embarrassed by the incessant, unnecessary piling on.

Yes, since I work with HNW folks every day, I know exactly what it takes to be a successful executive. Pretty sure being on a basketball forum isn’t one of the traits that makes a person climb the corporate ladder.

Maybe have a banana and sit outside for a while. It ain’t that deep. 

What also is baffling to me is how recruiting has pretty much dried up even with all the assistant coaches we have who are younger and should actually have the energy to go out and recruit.
Why weren’t our assistant coaches at that game last week for Braylon Mullins when Painter and other coaches were there…why do we not have a presence with at least our assistant coaches,  what are they doing? 

42 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Are you speaking in generalities about the fan base right now or this specific thread? If you are embarrassed by incessant piling on, a thread titled “Fire Mike Woodson” might not be the one to hang out in. 

He’s not talking about this thread necessarily, but the diatribe that certain fans throw out there, in person, on their overrated radio shows, social media, etc. Those are little Richard syndrome people who are unhappy with themselves and feel they have the right to intrude on others’ peace of mind/sanity. There’s also a HUGE difference in wanting Woodson fired (per the thread) and seeing all the insults hurled. 

2 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

He wants to win.  He doesn’t want to prepare to win.  That’s the difference.  And being a Knight disciple he should know that.  

Fair enough as your opinion, but still DOES NOT make it right to base judgement on the amount paid. 

1 hour ago, steubenhoosier said:

The comments are neither "incessant" nor "unnecessary". Woodson is pretty bad at all aspects of the college coaching gig... calling that out is necessary... there are some who are perfectly content with him and the job that he is half-@$$ing...

Some things just need to be repeated...

31 minutes ago, ronzo4IU said:

What also is baffling to me is how recruiting has pretty much dried up even with all the assistant coaches we have who are younger and should actually have the energy to go out and recruit.
Why weren’t our assistant coaches at that game last week for Braylon Mullins when Painter and other coaches were there…why do we not have a presence with at least our assistant coaches,  what are they doing? 

Earlier in this thread, someone wrote that Rabjohns (I believe) said that IU was saving their recruiting days for portals players after this season. Sounds like the 2025 Indiana kids are not a priority for the staff. 

1 hour ago, theriverpilot said:

Don’t be a jackass to coach and basically behave like an adult. 100% agree

Correlating work ethic to when posts are made on the internet??? You lost me there. 

That falls into the category of  "holier than thou"...

35 minutes ago, ronzo4IU said:

I hate to go back to the Fife thing, but I think the answer lies somewhere in there. If the stories are true there was a real disconnect in recruiting.  And I think we are now seeing the results (or lack thereof) of that.