Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

the upside is probably greater over time with May compared to Pearl given their age differences, however, greater risks involved with May compared to Pearl.  Pearl has been around the block at big universities and Pearl likely gets us back to winning sooner rather than later than May would.

To me we tried the "May" route with Archie seeing how he worked his way through smaller schools as a HC whereas Pearl has been on the big stage much longer.  

But at this point, I'd be on board with either option vs what we have now. 

10 minutes ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

A   Pearl

B   Oats

C   May

D   Schertz

I know nothing 

I'd put Otzelberger in there at C ... definitely above Schertz... but loving me some Pearl or Oats... not sure how "real" Oats is, but I wouldn't hate it.

Why does this feel exactly like 3 years ago?  Remember when we were going to get Brad Stevens and ended up with Woodson?  Now we think we're getting Pearl and end up with...Dane Fife?
You would hope we have a better plan this time and go after more than one guy.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, ziggyiu said:

@Chris007 Without providing specifics, wink if you see options A - D in the list below. 

Amir Abdur-Rahim 

Dusty May

TJ Otzelberger 

Scott Drew

Tommy Llyod

Mick Cronin

Greg McDermott 

Tony Bennett 

Grant McCasland 

Nate Oates 

Bruce Pearl

Just wondering is Holtmann would be an option?  Rumor was we were interested 3 years ago.  

12 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Depends on how it's positioned to him....Do you want to leave the program you love with a tarnished reputation and no chance to repair it? Or do you want to try to be part of returning the program to where it should be? I don't believe his ego is such that he doesn't realize that this has not worked out for him. 

One could argue that Woodson has already "tarnished" the reputation... and not sure he could repair it... don't want to necessarily "kick him to the curb", but not sure Woodson would take a deal like that due to ego.

He has to know deep down that this has not worked, but doubt he's ready to admit it to anyone - even to himself.

2 minutes ago, JF87 said:

Just wondering is Holtmann would be an option?  Rumor was we were interested 3 years ago.  

we beat his OSU team twice this season....WE did.....and then OSU was like "dude, you let Woodson and IU beat us twice....you're gone...."

so yeah, given IU's track record with logic in basketball hires....he could totally be an option

One could argue that Woodson has already "tarnished" the reputation... and not sure he could repair it... don't want to necessarily "kick him to the curb", but not sure Woodson would take a deal like that due to ego.
He has to know deep down that this has not worked, but doubt he's ready to admit it to anyone - even to himself.
Correct. My guess is he still thinks he can fix this and wants another year. A demotion is probably not something he would take too kindly too imo.

3 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Sounds like you can buy tickets for a buck for tonight's game in the balconies. Wow

I think i'm skipping watching altogether and working concessions for my kid's fundraiser.....might as well make some money huh?

2 hours ago, TadQueasy said:

I want to be positive that there is still a bright future for IU Basketball, but more and more I feel like things have passed us by and we will never be more than what we have been for the last few years.  Maybe an occasional sweet 16 run, but more times than not we are a bubble team or a NIT team. 

I understand what you are saying, but it might help a bit to remember how long it was between McCracken's 2nd title in 1953 and Knight's first in 1976. Sometimes it does happen.

I think i'm skipping watching altogether and working concessions for my kid's fundraiser.....might as well make some money huh?
I do not have peacock so I will be checking my phone. Less painful anyway.

11 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Someone obviously works for one of these sites.  Which one do you work for?

They don’t lay out facts and that is my problem. They use opinion more than facts.

Journalism and especially sports journalism is dead.  It's all about the clicks.  Sure, some statistics or facts may be occasionally incorporated in an article.  Unfortunately, sports journalism these days is all about the hot take.  

13 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Not true - they won’t use their funds for this. It will have to be backed by a donor or Dolson won’t get it done. 

It is true they have the money. Now will they reallocate the funds is a different question. But the money is definitely there. It’s why we all had to get Peacock and the rest of the streaming options to watch big ten games. IU got a massive pay raise.