Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

Does Chris Tucker still make movies? I don’t think people recognized him. There was only a quick shot of the crowd but they reacted to Tucker like the Hickory Huskers faithful did when Shooter ran on to the floor. 

28 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

A loss used to ruin my day, put me in a bad mood and made everything miserable for a day or two...

Now, all I do is watch with a numbness... I'll care when IU shows they care...I better find a hobby in the meantime!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Couldn’t have said it better myself. This is exactly where I am (and I assume a lot of us are). 

Remember when the success of JHS developing under Woody was going to get us guards to win?

Remember when TJD developing under Woody was going to get us dominant bigs to win?

Why haven’t we seen the results of this? We have a semi-retired coaching grandpa that didn’t have an inkling of understanding of what it takes to win in college (despite what the fanboys attempted to sell us).

Everything starts and ends with the head coach. If you took your crimson colored glasses off for a few minutes when Woody was hired you’d have seen this coming. Hard work beats talent when talent refuses to work hard. Woody has failed on the recruiting trail and on the court. Biggest reason.. lack of hard work.

Does Chris Tucker still make movies? I don’t think people recognized him. There was only a quick shot of the crowd but they reacted to Tucker like the Hickory Huskers faithful did when Shooter ran on to the floor. 

I absolutely loved Friday. Tucker acting a fool was indeed the highlight of the season. Mostly because we haven’t had 1 legitimately good win, but still I laughed a couple times at Tucker and a bunch of times at our team….

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

You're right... the fanbase is fractured... and it ought not to be... watching Woodson's team this season, I cannot believe that anyone would want this nightmare to continue... there is absolutely nothing Woodson could do, short of stepping down, that would change this mess.

Heading over to watch the post game presser... can't wait to hear Woodson repeat the mantra - how much they miss Johnson, how his presence would have made a difference, how we're a young team that needs to go back to work and get over the hump... 

Of course you don't have to agree with my feelings or comments, but I am as entitled to them as is any other poster here... 

First two excuses in the presser:
We're.young...
We miss our senior point guard...

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I absolutely loved Friday.

Me too, but isn’t that movie about 30 years old?   

I’m not a good judge of pop culture relevance though. When they broke out those Made By God jerseys, or whatever it’s called, and everyone talked about how popular they were…well, I had never even heard of that brand.  

tldr- I have no idea if kids today recognize Chris Tucker. 

I’ll be honest… I think the Dusty May thing makes too much sense. He won’t have a roster next year at FAU. The timing is right.

BUT…. I’m afraid he ain’t the guy either. The B1G will eat him alive.

Oh well. Both likely scenarios don’t give me hope.

I fear, May is the give him time candidate. He will try to build and figure out B1G winning for 3 years or so with middling results. Then……..

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Just now, Unexpectedflash said:

Then we can use the same excuses all over when he’s inevitable hurt again!

Perhaps X could play all five spots at once. He is a real difference maker, after all.

Just now, hoosierfan84 said:

Tired of the same old excuses from Woodson.

It points to the fact that he's clueless... if this is the best he can do, let's just pack it in... these have been his excuses as far back as I can remember, but he's done nothing to try to remedy the situation... that's the main job of a coach - to teach, to identify problems and fix 'em... but he just wants to complain and not do anything to improve the situation.