Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

9 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Because I hid it almost immediately after it was posted.  Totally out of line.

FYI I did not call anyone a name or personally attack anyone.  Rather , I gave an opinion, viewpoint , description of my observation/s.  Your comment/s towards me rise to the level of slander.  You are totally out of line.  Those of you who do not like my comment/s and are continually confused every chance you get and offended…. You are welcome.

My comment/s were not as offensive as some I have read on some threads including this one.

9 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

And in case you’re wondering, THAT’s why your post was just hidden, @TTT

Yeesh.

Yeesh back at you.  I addressed it I am sure not to your liking.

Date Opponent IU  Opp Margin  Venue
Nov '23 U Conn 57 77 20 New York
Dec '23 Auburn 76 104 28 Atlanta
Dec '23 Kansas 71 75 4 Bloomington
Jan '24 Nebraska 70 86 16 Lincoln, NE
Jan '24 Rutgers 57 66 9 Piscataway
Jan '24 Purdue 66 87 21 Bloomington
Jan '24 Wisconsin 79 91 12 Madison
Jan '24 Illinois 52 70 18 Champaign
Feb '24 Penn State 71 85 14 Bloomington
Feb '24 Purdue 59 79 20 West Lafayette
Feb '24 Northwestern 72 76 4 Bloomington
Feb '24 Nebraska 70 85 15 Bloomington

23-24 AVG 67 82 15 9 of 12 Double Digits

Please tell me that moves the needle on him being gone after this year. Only two chances we have left to win in front of our home crowd now are against Wisconsin and Michigan State. Literally let a winless road team in conference come in and beat us pretty easily. Listening to Fischer on the radio during the game, obviously there wasn’t much to cheer about, but when they happened to do so, you could tell there were a lot less people there because of the lack of volume it seemed to have. Plus when they booed, boy did you hear it clearly. 

Seeing a lot of people saying this team has quit. Isn’t that a sign of them tuning out their coach and wanting to be done with him. Shouldn’t that give Dolson and anyone else of importance the hint that we need to move on?  Or is that just gonna make them think “Woodson needs to get a different group of players in here that won’t tune him out.” If that ends up being the case then yikes. I reallllly hope they don’t see it that way. 

2 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Seeing a lot of people saying this team has quit. Isn’t that a sign of them tuning out their coach and wanting to be done with him. Shouldn’t that give Dolson and anyone else of importance the hint that we need to move on?  Or is that just gonna make them think “Woodson needs to get a different group of players in here that won’t tune him out.” If that ends up being the case then yikes. I reallllly hope they don’t see it that way. 

But, this is Indiana... We do everything possible to squander opportunity until we are backed into a corner and have little to no good options. It's kinda our thing.

Nationwide cell carrier outages…about the only thing that could slow this thread down :)

On a related note, whatever it was last night was the last straw for some. I’ve gotten at least 3 texts this morning from friends. These are “non-message board” guys. Life long IU fans. All decent former HS or college players. A couple are either coaches or work at the HS level. I say all that because, I want to point out they aren’t reactionary type guys. The basic conclusion: This team is as bad as any of the other ones we’ve had, and the product on the floor is embarrassing to them. The most die-hard IU-guy of them—very similar to a lot of you guys—said he hasn’t watched since January. That surprised me.   

If I’m a gambling man, I’d put money on Woody being back next year. But the natives are restless!

24 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

On my way to work, I didn't see Woodson's vehicle so I thought maybe he had been let go, then I remembered he was probably just out all night partying with Chris Tucker. 

Woody was smart enough to stay in the shadows -- away from the camera lens. LOL! 

giphy.gif

The algorithm to hire a basketball coach should never start with, "what is your affiliation with the school?".  Rather, it should be something more along the lines of, "Can you coach college basketball?".

This is more in response to Dakichs stupid f-ing tweet about firing Woodson and hiring Cheaney and Hulls.  A ridiculous idea that would only further compound the problems surrounding the program. 

3 minutes ago, Five Prime said:

The algorithm to hire a basketball coach should never start with, "what is your affiliation with the school?".  Rather, it should be something more along the lines of, "Can you coach college basketball?".

This is more in response to Dakichs stupid f-ing tweet about firing Woodson and hiring Cheaney and Hulls.  A ridiculous idea that would only further compound the problems surrounding the program. 

Plus, according to Chris007, who seems to know Calbert -- he has no interest in full-time coaching. He likes the limited role he has now. If Dakich had his finger on the pulse of the program as much as he wants everyone to believe, you would think he'd know that.

Does anyone even see a win left on the schedule?

Just when you think it couldn't get any worse, you look at the schedule and realize we may have already celebrated our last victory of the year.