Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

I’m sure the conspiracy theorists will consider this to be another intentional story planted in the media. It’s all so complex to them!

So…. What actually happened here? Lol

Sent from my Fisher-Price Flip Phone

If this is indeed true we are in trouble. Very surprised they are willing to see how this plays out next year. This is beyond sad

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

They are gonna throw 10 million at the NIL transfer portal to try to make Woodson look like a competent coach.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, KathywithaC said:

Woody was very interested in the job before Miller was hired, and he had the backing of many basketball alums. Glass made him wait in the figurative lobby and generally treated him dismissively, and that pissed off the basketball guys and others royally. There’s more to that and the blow back was nasty, but that started a bunch of this. Woody is a good guy and whatever he’s shown as a coach, no one felt good about that and some hard feelings remained.

Thanks for the explanation. I certainly wouldn’t have wanted him treated that way, it seems deliberately cruel. That said, and I mentioned this like 200 pages ago before you joined lol— I cannot wrap my head around QB or anyone else who genuinely cares for Woody on a deeply personal level thinking it is a good idea. Thats the main confusion for me. Anyone with two eyeballs can see next year will almost certainly be a train wreck. They have not begun to see “toxic fan base” if we have a similar record, much less worse. Unless, of course, Woody knows this and really believes his own excuses, in which case, so be it.. I simply don’t understand it, but I am moron, so there’s that. 

If this is indeed true we are in trouble. Very surprised they are willing to see how this plays out next year. This is beyond sad

It is not a serious program that has been confirmed.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

They are gonna throw 10 million at the NIL transfer portal to try to make Woodson look like a competent coach.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app
I suppose but can you actually get enough quality horses with that kind of money? I mean you can only get who enters and we need alot!

3 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Most incompetent administration in the history of sports.  Go to hell IU. I'm done.

Been that way for 30 years unfortunately.  People within and around this program won’t get out of the way.  They’re either incompetent or they’re deliberately tanking the program.  Regardless, I’ll read the box scores, news and be on forums, waiting to see if they ever decide to take this program seriously but I won’t be holding my breath and I won’t be investing anymore money.  The women’s basketball program will still get my support, as well as the other sports.

8 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

We live in our own little world on this board and the vast majority of what we discuss here isn't even close to reality. 

The fact that Osterman has to tweet something like that with 2 games left runs counter to that. It wasn’t just this board. Regardless, his seat is going to be nuclear from game 1. I feel bad for the players.