Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, Chris007 said:

If he even sniffs the tournament next season Buckner will try to get him another year for sure.

I can’t see him getting close so I wouldn’t worry about it.

I don’t have it in me to root against IU when they play, but I am just numb at this point.

I will still watch and that will never change. I am not happy I was right but TD you he would be back.  Also once again the fans on these message boards were once again fell for these do called rumors. How many times does this have to happen for you guys to realize that most of the rumors have no truth to them. It is all about traffic and clicks.
I don't think Chris was looking for clicks

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Demo said:

I genuinely don’t know what the long-term vision is. Even if you bite on the high end of the best case scenario, you keep the kids you want to keep, you hit on some useful portal pieces, you finish top 5 in the B1G, you get seeded in the 8-9 range and you win a game, you’re still going forward with a 67 yo HC with no succession plan and with nothing that could laughably be called momentum. And of the range of outcomes that is incredibly optomistic. I just don’t know what to say to that.

Side note: poll question: the over/under on canned Assistants is 1 1/2. Anybody on the under? 

We made similar posts, this is the big thing, and the sort of challenge of needing to get the votes of folks who didn’t get into their spots because of their evaluative prowess in athletics.

I’ll never root against the Hoosiers but at this point I think it’s possible the least painful way out is another disappointment next year. If (like @Chris007, @Stuhoo, myself, surely others) you’re a real believer that May can be a star, hope and pray he has a nice month and stays put another year — a silver lining is he can lengthen his resume, Nate Oats et al get one year further into contracts with downward sloping buyouts, etc.

1 hour ago, cleeter said:

A salesman came into work yesterday and gave me a cigar. Said it’s a Cuban so save it for a special occasion. It’s in my humidor right now. Hopefully it won’t be in there long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d be happy to send you my work address if you’d like to send him over!!

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I can’t see him getting close so I wouldn’t worry about it.

I don’t have it in me to root against IU when they play, but I am just numb at this point.

Yeah, so see you all back here in a year while we track FAU scores in the meantime?

Sadly I find it tough to care deeply about CBB when IU is bad, as it’s just a reminder of all the myriad ways a program can be better.

We need our Harbaugh.

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It’s tough when losers are leading losers. Ride that Submarine straight to the bottom. 

I grew up in Bloomington and have rooted for IU all my life even though I graduated from Purdue. I think I’m about done. I watched Smith hit that 3 last night at Illinois and thought my god he would be beloved at IU. IU has lost its way. I’m so disappointed 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

If he even sniffs the tournament next season Buckner will try to get him another year for sure.

Our only hope is to have a kenny payne level bad season next year.

Maybe they are announcing that he’s technically said to be IUs coach for next year but he’s already agreed to retire after this season. So it makes it look like he’s being given another year, but he decides to “retire” at seasons end. I guess we’ll find out. Again, more wishful thinking here. 

9 minutes ago, GoHoosiers24 said:

Been following this board for a long time. Lots of awesome characters and opinions here. It’s a pleasure to read, feel like I know some of you guys personally haha. Never posted because I didn’t really have much to add, but with this recent news, I hope Minny, MSU, and whoever we play in the 1st round of the conference tourney beat the absolute **** out of us. Just a spineless, gutless move by Dolson (and F you too Quinn). You think missing the NCAA tourney is bad, just wait until next year when we miss the conference tourney. I’ll be praying it happens. I’ll go back to just reading now lol 

Keep posting! The more regulars that post quality content, the better!!

I have been truthfully checked out on IU basketball for years, I get reeled back in occasionally but realize this program and administration has not the wherewithal to compete like it once did. Thankful I will always have the 1987 Championship as a freshman as a memory.

21 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I dont think they're trolls. Just think "insiders" are very far removed from what is actually happening. 

It's like the telephone game from people 4 spots removed by the time stuff gets to a message board. 

Totally agree, people need to realize these guys don't have real inside info. If these guys work in the athletic office and come to these boards with insider info they should be fired.

2 minutes ago, DoctorP said:

Trilly made some good money off Hoosier fans this month. 

IU continues to do so as well

It’s the only reason we still get national coverage and prime time games. Ever notice not all B1G teams play an early season game aired on BTN+ but we always have a couple? There’s a reason for that. The program doesn’t deserve the fan base. Any other team and a tweet about Woody getting another year would be literally not be published. Woody getting another year as tweeted was the lead on the BTN halftime show of MSU NW.