Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, mdiu28 said:

This sucks. 

Booing and writing emails is great and all but if you really want to show our gutless admin how unacceptable this is you have to stop going to the games, buying merchandise, etc. There's no other way. 

We deserve so much better than this and it isn't even funny. What a f'ing joke IU Men's Basketball has become. Absolutely pathetic.

That’s the conclusion I’ve come to.  It’s the only way.

I don’t think he’s very well plugged in. His source could be correct, but I don’t know we’re there yet. He’s been used before.

Seems Rothstein has the same source or just copied Ostermans report.

Sent from my Fisher-Price Flip Phone

Ugh, I really hope this is just a ploy to quiet all the noise with rumors of future coaches and stuff until the season is over. If you think about it, news like that also backs off the rumor mill from the sides of Pearl and May so that they can concentrate on the rest of their seasons as well. Of course this is big time wishful thinking on my part. 

Waiting for the key players here to confirm. We will know soon. 

If this is true,  it makes it a lot easier to not care about a program that clearly does not care about the fans. Will still support soccer and women's bball but no more money for men's tickets + merchandise. It's embarrassing.

Well you have to hit rock bottom before you can recover or something like that. I thought that was when sampson was fired and creans first years. Then I thought it was Archie Miller. This season and next must be it lol. The distant future could possibly be bright. Maybe

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Just now, Banksyrules said:

Midwestern fan bases are loyal breed. Unfortunately in this case the administration is absolutely taking advantage of it. 

I live in Chicago and totally agree. But there is no reason to continue to be loyal to these clowns. The IU admin just gave the fan base a giant middle finger saying they don't give a rats @$$ about us. The only voice we have is to remove our presence. 

I dont think they're trolls. Just think "insiders" are very far removed from what is actually happening. 
It's like the telephone game from people 4 spots removed by the time stuff gets to a message board. 

I hear ya.

Fool me once, shame on me.

Fool me twice… can’t get fooled again.

Sent from my Fisher-Price Flip Phone

2 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

There's a racial component here.  That's what kept Davis on past 2001, and what got Woody and Sampson hired.  Go look at some of the job openings IU has posted sometime.  These are disgusting racist human beings running the University.  You're literally required to write essays on your white privilege for many positions.  I'm done forever.  Bye.

Woody didn’t get hired because he’s black. A trustee was very public regarding Mike and her feelings if he wasn’t to be retained, and Herbert drove the bus for Sampson, which included a diversity as a component. But I’ve never once heard Woody’s skin color invoked by anyone.

This is sooo hard to keep up with.

Quinn Buckner is on BTB as well as other possible board members.  Chris is very active and gives us all his good knowledge.  Not to mention still debating about dropping by his office for that good coffee and warm smile.  Yeagley has made an appearance.  I’m not sure who he is but I am sure it’s someone to pay attention to.  

Oh and @Class of '66 Old Fart is going out of his way to welcome the new female members which is a problem for me since I am currently waiting out that relationship.

I love all the activity but this is just too much for me to process right now.

Wonder if Dolson knows something about whether or not May is actually a serious candidate for OSU. Before this all got really hot I made the point that moving on makes more sense next year and this jibes with that, even if it’s not what I wanted.

Next year’s gonna feel weird. Really think Woody may have lost the juice, in which case IU moves on in a year (one too late), and may miss more than it should in ‘25.

Conversely, if he succeeds, hopefully he does couple that with recruiting success. Of course. But I could see him “splitting the baby:” being okay next year — say, a tournament team — but retiring then, and not necessarily setting up his successor with a great class. Suboptimal.

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Well you have to hit rock bottom before you can recover or something like that. I thought that was when sampson was fired and creans first years. Then I thought it was Archie Miller. This season and next must be it lol. The distant future could possibly be bright. Maybe

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Been posting it for weeks

comb.io - Days of Wine and D'ohses