Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

Just now, Hornsby said:

And I just read some guy on Twitter talking about building around mm,mr,Galloway next year and crushing the portal. It appears some have no idea what's really going on. If you say mm is leaving they trash you.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

In a perfect world, yes you build around them, but this world is not perfect and something has happened between the players and coach (if the rumors are in fact true) to set things on fire. I can only speculate what has happened between them. It always seemed as though TJD, RT, and MK had nothing but love for Woody; definitely does not seem that way with the current roster.  

3 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Highly doubt we win tomorrow. We barely won last year when minnesota was playing walk on players. This minnesota team is good

But did X play in that game last year. Remember, he is our "X" factor, pun intended. 

1 minute ago, Tom White said:

That is an interesting read, if it is accurate.

Thanks for posting it.

And that’s if we don’t take that $1m per year and finance it out to 20 years.

21 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Until we leave the barn tomorrow night with a W

*insert I’ll never root for IU to lose comments*

If someone’s still rooting for IU to win at this point in the season, they’re rooting against IU’s best interests. 

42 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He's going to give him a new staff and a GM to help in the future for the portal. Because Woodson now believes that he doesn't need HS kids anymore, he wants to use the portal to field a team from here on out. 

This is as bad as Calipari bringing in 6-7 freshman every year - only difference is they might have a few years of experience. But you’re constantly going to have to be trying to get a team that never been together to all of a sudden mesh  and then hope to make a deep run in the tournament.

We’ve seen what’s happened at Duke and Kentucky since they won their titles. Having multiple new players every year is just not the way to build a championship basketball team

Sorry to bother but could you tell us what it said. I couldn’t open the article.
Last year when Woodson was given his raise they also added new language to his buyout. Instead of getting all $12.6 million he would be paid $1million per year.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

In a perfect world, yes you build around them, but this world is not perfect and something has happened between the players and coach (if the rumors are in fact true) to set things on fire. I can only speculate what has happened between them. It always seemed as though TJD, RT, and MK had nothing but love for Woody; definitely does not seem that way with the current roster.  
Yep my point is alot of people are clueless to all of this and think Woodson is returning all these guys.
They get really made if you mention mm leaving. They give you the old where would he go line.

6 minutes ago, Jwalk83 said:

Sorry to bother but could you tell us what it said. I couldn’t open the article.

There was an amendment in the contract that says that IU can pay a lump sum of $1mil a year until their obligation is fulfilled and that Woodson must search for work...

But did X play in that game last year. Remember, he is our "X" factor, pun intended. 
Lol. I think minnesota had to start a walk on due to injuries. And we only won at the very end

Minnesota was down to seven scholarship players after Gophers’ leading scorer Dawson Garcia and top freshman Pharrel Payne were ruled out Wednesday afternoon, a week after Braeden Carrington went down with a stress reaction in his leg. Preexisting season-ending injuries to forwards Isaiah Ihnen and Parker Fox have put the U without a full calvary since the start of

2 minutes ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

This is as bad as Calipari bringing in 6-7 freshman every year - only difference is they might have a few years of experience. But you’re constantly going to have to be trying to get a team that never been together to all of a sudden mesh  and then hope to make a deep run in the tournament.

We’ve seen what’s happened at Duke and Kentucky since they won their titles. Having multiple new players every year is just not the way to build a championship basketball team

But on the bright side, you have a built-in excuse for sucking. "These guys haven't been playing together very long".