Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, Tasmanian Devil said:

Without question it’s ugly right now.

But it’s nothing like it’s going to be on Sunday if Woody still in line to be back next year. We could be talking about some serious blowup in Assembly Hall.

I just also find it really hard to think that Dolson would willingly start a war and cause a major divide between everyone if he didn't feel he had the ability to get it done. And it feels like he has started one.....

We are about to find out how effective Scott is as a political operative. IMO, as a rookie AD, QB and co were able strong arm Dolson into the hire they wanted. He's probably learned a lot in the 3 years since then, as evidenced by his savvy move on Allen and seemingly strong hire in Cignetti. I am hoping that Dolson feels burnt about being bullied into/convinced of a hire he presumably never wanted to make and has spent ample time since then thinking about how he will make his move when the time is right. Obviously it's not all up to him but I still have hope knowing we've got someone in our corner fighting for us. Trilly has even joked that we have an awful lot of characters to keep track of at IU and how we have so many cooks in the kitchen. He's going to need a mod for the IU section soon lol

2 minutes ago, cleeter said:

I just also find it really hard to think that Dolson would willingly start a war and cause a major divide between everyone if he didn't feel he had the ability to get it done. And it feels like he has started one.....

Can QB and Woody get Dolson fired?

1 hour ago, rcs29 said:

Osterman wouldn't have had that info just laying around right? I say the war has officially begun.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Zach is connected to Dolson for sure. He has access to his contract as the media does through a release. The timing of the article is quite interesting given the regular season is still occurring. 

6 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Man, that game was brutal. But I also cared more then than I do now. A lot more.

I think they only lost the second half by 24 points instead of 26. They lost by exactly 50, right?

image.png

Yes I remember losing by 50. Pat Knight was the player of the game for IU if I remember correctly. He had like 6 pts and 3 assists. 

30 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Some guy on Peegs is raising hell that Quinn's influence in this is unethical given his relationship to woody and position on the BOT. He is trying all he can to get it out there. 

Tend to agree with him.

It is unethical, it’s a conflict of interest and could and probably hold up in any court if that were the case.  It may have to head down that road before it gets better.  What a shite storm!  Why can’t they just let Dolson do his job? 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I also don't think Dolson is going to show his hand just yet. I think he has more cards to play in the final two weeks

He has to have a plan, otherwise this is a death sentence for his career at IU. At minimum, he has his guy, price, and probably has a couple of BOT members up his sleeve. This is a calculated move if all the smoke from the last couple days started with him. 

30 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think in most cases if someone on the board was that close to the person that is being hired or fired or given a raise they would excuse themselves from the conversation. Quinn should absolutely not be in the room when Woodson is being discussed. 

I 100% agree. I also 100% don't believe that will happen. 

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I also don't think Dolson is going to show his hand just yet. I think he has more cards to play in the final two weeks

I'm betting Dolson wins this one in the end. He's the AD for the future. Buckner is almost gone from the board anyway...I sure hope the rest of the trustees can see this frustration with the fans. 

11 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Safe to say Woodson is not going to leave gracefully

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Gracefully is definitely out of the question at this point.  I knew when he made that statement that he wasn’t going anywhere, that was the calm before the storm 

10 minutes ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

Without question it’s ugly right now.

But it’s nothing like it’s going to be on Sunday if Woody still in line to be back next year. We could be talking about some serious blowup in Assembly Hall.

It's possibly that what Rabjohns etc are saying isn't coming from the athletic department in any way, but they depend on having access and could be a good way to lose access.

Just now, OKHOOSIER said:

I’ll add this, if QB really has veto power to control the BOT votes, and it gets reliably leaked nationally Dolson had a major move in the bag like  a Pearl or an Oats type— ugly does not begin to describe what next year would look like for Woody and regrettably the players through no fault of their own if they don’t win 25+

That is a very good point

It is downright obvious that Dolson didn’t want to hire Woodson, but tried to put safeguards in place but that was eliminated and now Dolson is taking his shot!  Wow, it’s going to be interesting after it’s all said and done. The fallout will be bad either way

21 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Going to? If we're seeing an effort to turn public perception against Woodson to influence Buckner then it's already ugly.

At this rate, this looks to be the of the most controversial coaching hire/firing situations in IU history. What a black eye..