Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, mdiu28 said:

So the buyout isn't as daunting as we thought. 

The only thing keeping Woody here is Quinn Buckner? Surely there has to be a way around that. 

Hopefully, something can give.  Sounds like we need Buckner out of the picture 

Let's say Dolson wants to make a change (sure seems like it). Would the other BoT's be inclined to think it a terrible idea to have a HC remain that the AD won't support 100%? I mean I know he'd have to give lip service but everyone would know that Woddy isn't who Dolson wants. That can't be a good dynamic and I wonder if that'd be enough to sway the vote.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

SIAP, but I was going back through the Monday night chat last night. And saw this story

1.) This will sound like l'm piling on. Not my intention. Just passing on a story. There's been some frustration with the "chances" that our current assistants get to have a meaningful impact on the current team and our recruiting. So, I'm only speaking personally, I did think it was odd to hear that one of the people Mike enjoys listening to about IUBB (outside of the Wittman, Todd, Hill braintrust) is..... Terri (Woodson)

So outside of his buddies, he goes to his WIFE over the staff for recruiting. Makes the Boogie situation sound a lot more believable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

*insert I’ll never root for IU to lose comments*

If someone’s still rooting for IU to win at this point in the season, they’re rooting against IU’s best interests. 

Indeed. Sometimes you have to lose a battle to win the war.

If I'm Dolaon (Scott are you reading this?)....I make Quinn flat out refuse my decision. Then I make best friends with Rabby, Osterman, whoever, to make it well known what's going on....I burn it to the ground... it seems that would be the best place to start rebuilding...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

If I'm Dolaon (Scott are you reading this?)....I make Quinn flat out refuse my decision. Then I make best friends with Rabby, Osterman, whoever, to make it well known what's going on....I burn it to the ground... it seems that would be the best place to start rebuilding...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I think he has already started that PR Campaign. The media tide has shifted very noticeably over the last week.

5 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

Can Dolson just call Woody into his office and say "You're fired, GTFO" ? Does he not have that power? 

I'm no lawyer but isn't QB calling the shots a conflict of interest? This sucks. 

Some guy on Peegs is raising hell that Quinn's influence in this is unethical given his relationship to woody and position on the BOT. He is trying all he can to get it out there. 

Tend to agree with him.

42 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

There was an amendment in the contract that says that IU can pay a lump sum of $1mil a year until their obligation is fulfilled and that Woodson must search for work...

The "Woodson also has a duty to mitigate his buyout by seeking similar employment in basketball" clause has to be a real kick to the jewels for Woodson... that will definitely cut into his T-times... 

Maybe he'll do the smart thing and retire... gets the money without the need to look for work.

1 hour ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

But on the bright side, you have a built-in excuse for sucking. "These guys haven't been playing together very long".

and again, if someone should get hurt along the way... well... Woodson in '26...

14 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

So the buyout isn't as daunting as we thought. 

The only thing keeping Woody here is Quinn Buckner? Surely there has to be a way around that. 

I've heard for a while that money wasn't a problem with the buyout. I didn't know why but I get it now. Hopefully, they are working on how to get around QB now. 

Just now, cleeter said:

Not saying he cant, but that would be very unwise and job suicide for Dolson

Yeah I totally understand that. 

I'm just in awe that one man, who happens to be Woody's friend, is allowed to have the final say. I don't believe that. There has to be a way around that. 

42 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

He didn't unite anyone

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I don't know... one could argue that he's united the fan base... on the "Fire Woodson" side... but, hey, united is united...

40 minutes ago, HoosierTownie said:

Most of those that I talk with are ready to move on, but a few are still firmly in MW's corner. 

My statement was in response to Chris talking about a new staff and GM and building through the portal every year.  I don't think that will produce a winning program, but more importantly, won't be agreeable to a big chunk of the fan base.  I think such a move will be the end of IU Basketball as we know it.

Are you saying that we aren't there yet?