Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Question for someone who might know the answer.  Does the board have to approve a firing of an employee?    I understand that they approve all hires, but I'm just talking about the firing of an employee?  Seems to me, the president/AD would have control over if they can fire people or not without board approval.

Just now, CrossboneIU22 said:

Question for someone who might know the answer.  Does the board have to approve a firing of an employee?    I understand that they approve all hires, but I'm just talking about the firing of an employee?  Seems to me, the president/AD would have control over if they can fire people or not without board approval.

I was under the impression that the buyout had to be voted on by the board. Or maybe it's Pearl's buyout that has to be voted on. I know it has to do with the buyout that involves the board.

So the buyout isn't as daunting as we thought. 
The only thing keeping Woody here is Quinn Buckner? Surely there has to be a way around that. 
I doubt money was ever an issue. We have a quinn issue.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Let's say Dolson wants to make a change (sure seems like it). Would the other BoT's be inclined to think it a terrible idea to have a HC remain that the AD won't support 100%? I mean I know he'd have to give lip service but everyone would know that Woddy isn't who Dolson wants. That can't be a good dynamic and I wonder if that'd be enough to sway the vote.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Next year's dynamic would be beyond awful and toxic big time. At that point this could only end very ugly especially for Woodson.

12 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think in most cases if someone on the board was that close to the person that is being hired or fired or given a raise they would excuse themselves from the conversation. Quinn should absolutely not be in the room when Woodson is being discussed. 

Brooklyn 99 GIF by NBC

I don't know... one could argue that he's united the fan base... on the "Fire Woodson" side... but, hey, united is united...
Exactly.

1 minute ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

Mark my words: this is going to get extremely UGLY before it’s over.

Going to? If we're seeing an effort to turn public perception against Woodson to influence Buckner then it's already ugly.

1 hour ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Let's all hope tomorrow goes something like this 

Man, that game was brutal. But I also cared more then than I do now. A lot more.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

And that game didn't get any better after halftime either

I think they only lost the second half by 24 points instead of 26. They lost by exactly 50, right?

image.png

One thing that seems clear is Dolson wants Woodson out. With all that’s going on he has not came out with a public statement in support of Woodson. I feel he will be let go on two conditions. 
1. IU doesn’t go on a big run to finish the season.

2. They can get a new coach most would be excited for.

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think in most cases if someone on the board was that close to the person that is being hired or fired or given a raise they would excuse themselves from the conversation. Quinn should absolutely not be in the room when Woodson is being discussed. 

Exactly, it’s a conflict of interest!  It’s like an auditor auditing their own work 

20 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

I don't know... one could argue that he's united the fan base... on the "Fire Woodson" side... but, hey, united is united...

It's like the difference between Manchester United and Sheffield United (hopefully you watch the Premier League or this reference isn't going to make a lick of sense)

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

Going to? If we're seeing an effort to turn public perception against Woodson to influence Buckner then it's already ugly.

Without question it’s ugly right now.

But it’s nothing like it’s going to be on Sunday if Woody still in line to be back next year. We could be talking about some serious blowup in Assembly Hall.