Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, Sardinefarts1991 said:

This is nuts.  Seriously.  Maybe Liam got news woody is being fired or something that we don't know.

kids talk. my guess is he got wind of some, or most, of our current player's intentions....but that's a complete guess

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I did. Just because you have billions doesn't mean you know sports. JMO though from my own experiences around them. 

The Pacers has been a very good organization since the Simons bought the team. They don't run the every day basketball but they have done a good job of hiring the right people to do those jobs.

3 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

All the more reason every P6 school will have one in next 2/3 years or less. GM is needed by all. Football even more so. 

some can’t remove their displeasure for all things Woody and see anything else. 

You realize we can flip this on its head and say the same thing about you, right? This is another case of the administration trying to reinvent the wheel, or be the “smartest people in the room”, when the answer has ALWAYS been to just hire a dude and gtfo of his way. 

There’s a reason this program can’t figure out how to become nationally relevant, for over 20 years. It’s not because the fanbase and its lack of support for the coach. The university has ridden the coattails of an undeservedly supportive fanbase. One that continually fills assembly hall, takes over neutral site venues. 

Just seen McNeeley news.. let me guess…the fans? 

With Liam gone, if we have 2 starters transfer there will be a ton of pressure to reverse course and make a change.  I thought it odd timing to announce he was staying when they did. Glad to know Liam’s plans now vs in a few weeks. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

lol this program is freaking joke. Good thing we locked up a coach with 0 players and no hope for next year.  

Can we get this man another raise and extension please! Good lord! 

WTH is going on? First the odd announcement that Woody is back, now Liam, what is getting ready to happen, bad things always come in threes!

8 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

He probably knows that Mgbako and Reneau are coming back. Just a guess.

I actually would think it means just the opposite -- he knows they're NOT coming back. 

Despite all the wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth -- plenty from me -- if we have Bako, Reneau, Cubs and McNeeley on the roster next season, that's a pretty good starting point. There wouldn't be much reason for McNeeley to bail. If those guys are gone, we could be looking at a 12- or 10-win season. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

lol this program is freaking joke. Good thing we locked up a coach with 0 players and no hope for next year.  

Think of this as a positive.  We miss the tournament next season he's gone guaranteed.   The last thing anyone wants is another opening weekend blowout and then a year 5.  Always better to get the bandage off as quickly as possible.