Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

17 minutes ago, Jwalk83 said:

Did anyone hear Galloway may be hitting the portal?

was discussed several pages back... just more carnage from this massive train wreck... I'm sure to Dolson and Buckner it's just collateral damage...

17 minutes ago, Sardinefarts1991 said:

The only good Coach IU has had in my lifetime of watch IU in 23 years has been 1 coach, Kelvin Sampson, for 1.5 years until he got fired for text messages before the texting deadline.  1 year later, his violation was no longer a violation.  I want a good coached Hoosier team finally.  This is BS.  I've watched every ******* game for 23 years and ... I mean..listen to woodsons pregame vs Wisconsin press conference.  The man is clueless.

One could argue that after Sampson was busted for the same thing at Oklahoma, he was foolish to do it here... and despite the obviously minuscule violation, it did violate the spirit of "compliance", and was duly penalized... of course, as with most things, Indiana overreacted, fell on its proverbial sword and gave itself what was tantamount to the death penalty - a situation from which the program has never truly recovered...

Forgive the digression... yes, Woodson has no clue and no idea where to even look for one... probably couldn't find his @$$ with both hands and a flashlight some days.

Just now, Chris007 said:

Yeah we talked about it probably 6 pages back. The guy who broke the info today told us about it a couple weeks ago but confirmed it today. 

Wow! Sounds like just about the whole team may be gone. I wonder how many kids are lining up to come play a 4 in one out system. 

11 minutes ago, Jwalk83 said:

I agree! I was taken back in the last game when Woodson was chewing him out during a timeout. One of the few guys that bust his @$$ every game and that’s who he decides to chew out. I’m no coach but that doesn’t seem quite right to me.

That was discussed as well... kind of the job of the team captain (at least those not named Xavier Johnson) to be the chew toy for the rest of the team when things go south... 

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I’m hearing Cupps too. I’m not sure who will stay if Woodson is brought back. Maybe Sparks.

I hope there's some way for these rumors to reach Dolson. 

51 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Winning -- or least playing competitively in most losses -- hid a lot.  First two seasons, 11 of IU's 26 losses were by 5 points or less.  This season only one of IU's 13 losses have been by 5 points or less.  IU's average margin of loss has been 14 points this year.  There hasn't even been a 'if the ball had bounced our way in this and this and this' game where the Hoosiers would be in the hunt for the NCAA.

Our margin of error has been thin every year with how we play.  Inside two bigs leads to less threes.  Plus we have shot it horribly.  Add in free throws and we have always had a thin margin of error.  Top it off with defense getting worse every season and even a thinner margin of error.  

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I’m hearing Cupps too. I’m not sure who will stay if Woodson is brought back. Maybe Sparks.

A guy over on HSN said he had heard that Woodson had lost tbe team. if he comes back there are 5 players who can come back that won't according to the that poster.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

IMG_8548.thumb.jpeg.24d3585b5fd5d5e3096f4acdbb189d41.jpeg

Every time he opens his mouth he demonstrates why he has no business being the IU head coach. Dude needs to GO! 

So what is he going to do to fix that? It is going to be hard to have experienced players when everyone hits the portal.

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Zero cause we can’t get Woodson to play one. He loves his two big guys.

All of this really makes me wonder what the chances of Woodson returning are. Seems like it’s less likely as the days go by.