Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

21 hours ago, steubenhoosier said:

Read my post. If you think he needs to save his job, he’s not pursuing recruits. If he needs to win ASAP then he’s going to get portal guys 

But he wasn't saving his job the past two years when he should have been lining up recruits.  

I still think IU wins 1 more…… Is one more win enough for Woodson. Also when was the last time IU didn’t beat a top 25 ranked team in a season. Crean’s first year??? Unless Wisconsin gets a nice move up this week I don’t think Iu will face another ranked team this season. Also Wisconsin will be rested up for our matchup. Seems like a get right setup for the Badgers. 

1 hour ago, AH1971 said:

Archie’s aggregate KenPom rankings are much better than May at FAU. Not comparable. FAU’s Def efficiency numbers have plummeted since last season, all the way down to 100. That’s very concerning for an experienced team who brought back nearly their entire team.

Look, I don’t mind Dusty May. Like Archie, May checks a bunch of the on paper boxes. I’m more concerned with how a coach like Dusty May handles adversity at this level on top of managing enormous program expectations. To me that’s a bigger draw than X’s and O’s. Admittedly I didn’t know much about Archie prior to him being hired, but it was apparent very quickly that his personality and reserved demeanor was always going to make him a tough fit. I get a little sense of that with Dusty May.

Could FAU’s schedule being more difficult this year than last have anything to do with the dip in defensive efficiency numbers?

9 hours ago, kottke said:

I had the thought that maybe Cronin could be a solution. He's pretty "proven" and doesn't seem to have any baggage (that I'm aware of). He's also from the midwest. Salary is reasonable ($4 million I believe).

But then I saw his buyout: $16 million after March 31st.....yikes.

So $8.5 for Woody, $16 for Cronin...nope, not happening.

What if he's fired??? 

8 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I am not saying I want CMW as our coach but we have the expectation to give the coach behind 4-5 years but we only gave Woodson 3.  To me, the precedent has been set, he needs to turn it around 3 years or less, I’m not getting any younger 

It's not a three year turn around or else.  The problem is Woodson has gone backwards after the third year.  He's got nothing coming for next year.  We want to see progression each year.  Build a base and a core in year 1-2, and possibly 3.  And make your run in 3, 4 and following.    

It is pretty impressive that one comment by an anonymous guy on Twitter can start this kind of uproar. I think these guys know our fan base well and they like me to play with our emotions.  He will probably come out in a day or two with some negative IU coaching news like Woodson will be back.

I hope I am wrong but I still think Woodson will be back next year. I just don't think you will talk Woodson into retirement or Buckner to let him go.

If we do make a change here who I think they should look at.

May 

Pearl

McDermott

Oats but don't think he is leaving Alabama especially for the big ten

Cronin he has been really calling out his players this year and appears unhappy.

TJ Iowa St coach can't remember how to spell his last name

14 minutes ago, Redleader said:

Could FAU’s schedule being more difficult this year than last have anything to do with the dip in defensive efficiency numbers?

Efficiency takes SOS into account.  But focusing on one metric without the whole picture really doesn't tell the story.  FAU's offense is rated 13th in efficiency.  And last year they were a 9 seed in the NCAA tournament;  currently in the bracketmatrix they are projected to be an 8 seed this year.  They made a great run to the final four last year but probably should have lost in the opening round -- got a steal with 5 seconds left and a bucket at 2 seconds left to win by 1).  But not even looking at the final four run, FAU was 30-3 before the tournament and 20-6 this year with a much tougher schedule.  50-9 with a team with no resources and was always a poor program is saying something.

Auburn coach Bruce Pearl has an enormous amount of respect for the "blueblood Indiana basketball program,'' and he would have loved to coach there. “Indiana was my dream job, it really was. I love everything about Indiana basketball. The timing was never right, I suppose. Nothing ever really aligned, but it would have been a dream come true to coach Indiana. That's how much I love and respect that program.''

2 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:
Auburn coach Bruce Pearl has an enormous amount of respect for the "blueblood Indiana basketball program,'' and he would have loved to coach there. “Indiana was my dream job, it really was. I love everything about Indiana basketball. The timing was never right, I suppose. Nothing ever really aligned, but it would have been a dream come true to coach Indiana. That's how much I love and respect that program.''

That sounds like he’s moved on though 

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

As an expert on everything Archie, May is worlds different.  May has a much higher ceiling.  Archie was poo.

Cronin turned me off after the Crosstown Shootout Brawl.  That was disgusting and his handling was equally disgusting.  Pass.

I agree the brawl was disgusting but not sure how Cronin's handling of it was disgusting.  IMO he handled it better than Mack did.....it was Tu Halloway, Mack's player that made the comment how player's on his own team consider themselves 'gangsters'.  Cronin suspended three players for six games, Mack's longest suspension issued was one player for four.

Just now, AZ Hoosier said:

I wonder what it would take to make the timing right?

I think Pearl's buyout drops to 8.5M in April. Woody is owed $12.6M? Not sure if that can be negotiated down... Pearl would need a salary of probably $6-6.5M. So total pricetag would be, let's just call it conservatively $28-30M. I'm sure the math for May is much more favorable. But it ain't my money. If Dolson can get donors to cough up the coin, would certainly reflect well on him.

Pearl or May and I'll be like a kid on Christmas.

51 minutes ago, Redleader said:

So what’s going to happen when he plays a B10 schedule?